PDA

View Full Version : Number Plate

pevil
24th June 2012, 15:47
Thinking of changing rear plate for a smiley, original plates have name of garage along the bottom and I want to keep it original, as it's an April 2001 would this be legal if I copy what's already there. :shrug:

Brabus
24th June 2012, 15:54
Dont think this would be a big issue.You Are giving them free advertising to:}And as you say its already there.

kissifer1972
24th June 2012, 15:56
I think any new plate has to bear the name of the establishment that produced it?!? I would imagine this is to stop the illegal spacing of the letters and the numbers, as they could prosecute the producer of the plate as well as fining the owner of the vehicle?!?

Chris

pab
24th June 2012, 16:02
Chris,A postcode or a manufacturers ID has to be displayed on the plate,not always,but MOT testers check for this addition.

Main dealers can have lettering to display their Franchise/Dealership by applying for a license for the privilege.

pevil
24th June 2012, 16:24
There's no postcode on the originals just a web address, wonder if that counts?

pab
24th June 2012, 16:28
There's no postcode on the originals just a web address, wonder if that counts?I suppose it would,it would count as manufacturers ID.

pevil
24th June 2012, 16:33
Well I think I'll go for it, it will match the front original anyway so surely they can't say much, unless of course they're like the tax man, don't go there :smilie_re: out!!

pab
24th June 2012, 16:36
Peter,if the font and spacing is correct I don't think they will draw to much attention to an MOT testers eye..

pevil
24th June 2012, 16:40
Ebay here I come (hardridden is the man)