PDA

View Full Version : door lock problem

french dave
29th June 2012, 14:06
i have been spending the afternoon replacing the pull cord to the interioer handle on the drivers door. rover 75 tourer
having got this working again so that you can open the door from the inside, i now find thst the drivers door lock barrel turns but does not lock.
The rod inside is attached to the lock, but is not moving when the key is put in the barrel and turned.
Any ideas? the rod appears to be attached both ends Ok,
Could something have broken on the backplate of the drivers door handle.
Any thoughts would be great
This is important as the key fob has never worked! So cannot lock the car.
Thanks
Dave

stocktake
29th June 2012, 14:19
Did you remove the lock assy? if so there is a bar that connects the top of the lock assy to the door handle, it is around 50mm long with a X cross section on either end. easy to forget to replace it :o

french dave
29th June 2012, 14:24
Did you remove the lock assy? if so there is a bar that connects the top of the lock assy to the door handle, it is around 50mm long with a X cross section on either end. easy to forget to replace it :o
Yes i did take the lock out. The bar from the handle to the lock apperas in place, and at the lock end I have refitted the white plastic snap cover. When I turn the barrel, the bar does not move, but it seems to be connected at the top end next to the handle? could it be that I need to look at the top end by the handle again?

stocktake
1st July 2012, 10:30
Hi Dave, the bar you are talking about is NOT the one I mean.

The one you need to look for is this upper one (grey in colour) pic courtesy of Artic.

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff289/stocktake/general/driverslockbar.jpg

french dave
1st July 2012, 11:03
top work. many thanks I have now found the bar, and have a car that will lock.
The power of the interweb and the 75 club!
Thanks