PDA

View Full Version : What is it?

reworht
9th July 2012, 11:49
My '03 75 CDt is shown on the V5 as a Club. Going by Reebs spec. checker, I reckon it is a Classic SE (Contour wheels, bog standard aircon, electric windows on the front only etc.). However, I have BLACK mirrors, NOT body coloured ones. I can't find any of the photos on the Forum which show another car with black mirrors - am I missing something :shrug: (apart from body coloured mirrors that is :D )

Reebs
9th July 2012, 12:19
The black mirror covers were introduced to the Classic Spec for the facelift model in 2004, is it possible that a set somehow found their way onto your car at Longbridge if yours was a late build 2003 model year? :shrug:

Check the 6th digit of your VIN number, it should read H for Classic & Classic SE, or S for Club / Club SE.

:smilie_re: VIN Numbers Deciphered (http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=58273)

reworht
9th July 2012, 13:04
Yes - the 6th digit confirms it as a Classic - but it was registered on 1st May 2003, which you would suspect was too early for it to incorporate parts from the face lift model. At least they don't mark when I fit the Rover towing mirrors on :)