PDA

View Full Version : Visit-meeting at/to Jules, and Colwyn Bay.. 19th Aug 2012.

James.uk
23rd July 2012, 16:30
Further to the North Wales meeting we were organising, we have now received a brilliant offer from Jules and Isabel (Mrs Jules) I copy/pasted details of said offer below.. >>>

""Mrs Jules said we can add a rendezvous here if you like (up to 25 cars!!)

Refreshments will be served and a Photo shoot opportunity in the Woods :)
If I'm not on the prom in time you can lead the way but maybe tell em to stagger the Convoy to max 3 cars at a time up Nant Y Glyn lane in case of opposing traffic!".....<<<
.................................................. .........

In view of this excellant offer I think we need to modify the original plan somewhat. :D

I now propose the following..

I leave the Romper at 12-40 pm (Wilmslow Road, Near Manchester airport, WA15 8XJ). accompanied by anyone who wishes to join me..:}

Arrive at the Hollow tree at 1PM usual time....(Tarporley Road, Stretton, Warrington, Cheshire WA4 4LX). :}

Those wishing to visit Jules- Colwyn Bay will set off from there at 1.15 pm to arrive at Colwyn Bay at approx 2-15 PM.. (Park up between lamp posts numbered 100 and 101. Numbers start off town end and progress Eastwards..) ..:} .. We can then organise cars into groups of three to go on to Jules place.. :D:D:D

On route I will pop into the car park at Mold McDonalds to collect MrJones (approx 1.45 PM) and anyone else that may be there. Well, not all of em, just those that wish to join us.. :D

Once there, we can discuss a possible (optional) trip up to the café car park on top of the Great Orme for a further photo shoot later in the day.. :D (But not before we have eaten all Jules biscuits) :P :D

This might be a once-in-a-lifetime chance to get biscuits at Jules place.. DO NOT MISS IT !!!!!! :D:D:D..

I assume Jules will be available to accommodate anyone wishing to buy bits and pieces while we are there.. (Once he has had a lie down to recover from the loss of some biscuits that is).. :D:D:D

Additional info:--
Just done a search, and the lamp post numbers recommended last time were numbers 100 and 101. So we meet between those two OK... :)

Come off the A55 at Jctn 22, turn toward the sea, then at the sea front go left till you pass lamp post number 101... (it's not far).. Then park up facing the sea.. :}

List of poss attendees.. :) (oops just realised.. In view of the Jules visit, it will help to know how many occupants each car will contain.. )

1/ James. (2)
2/ Jimbo.
3/ Godfer..
4/ MrJonesWales. (2)
5/ rich17865 .
6/ Flying Banana.
7/ exentric.
8/ Robbberd.
9/ Pennineview. (2)
10/ oswestryalex

EVENT DISCLAIMER

Please be aware this is not an official 75 & ZT Owners Club meet and as such is not covered by the Club’s public liability insurance. Also the Owners Club take no responsibility for the meet in any way.

Godfer
23rd July 2012, 16:34
Sounds like a plan to me...and a good day out!

Count me in (please) Sir!

James.uk
23rd July 2012, 16:37
Okie dokie. i will start a new list under-on my first post. :)

mrjoneswales
23rd July 2012, 19:04
[QUOTE=James.uk;1060853]Further to the North Wales meeting we were organising, we have now received a brilliant offer from Jules and Isabel (Mrs Jules) I copy/pasted details of said offer below.. >>>

""Mrs Jules said we can add a rendezvous here if you like (up to 25 cars!!)

Refreshments will be served and a Photo shoot opportunity in the Woods :)
If I'm not on the prom in time you can lead the way but maybe tell em to stagger the Convoy to max 3 cars at a time up Nant Y Glyn lane in case of opposing traffic!".....<<<
.................................................. .........

In view of this excellant offer I think we need to modify the original plan somewhat. :D

I now propose the following..

I leave the Romper at 12-40 pm (Wilmslow Road, Near Manchester airport, WA15 8XJ). accompanied by anyone who wishes to join me..:}

Arrive at the Hollow tree at 1PM usual time....(Tarporley Road, Stretton, Warrington, Cheshire WA4 4LX). :}

Those wishing to visit Jules- Colwyn Bay will set off at from there at 1.15 pm to arrive at Colwyn Bay at approx 2-15 PM.. (park up on the East side of the pier as close as poss to the pier itself.. Facing the sea, that's the right hand side).. :} .. We can then organise cars into groups of three to go on to Jules place.. :D:D:D

Once there, we can discuss a possible (optional) trip up to the café car park on top of the Great Orme for a further photo shoot later in the day.. :D (But not before we have eaten all Jules biscuits) :P :D

This might be a once-in-a-lifetime chance to get biscuits at Jules place.. DO NOT MISS IT !!!!!! :D:D:D..

I assume Jules will be available to accommodate anyone wishing to buy bits and pieces while we are there.. (Once he has had a lie down to recover from the loss of some biscuits that is).. :D:D:D

List of poss attendees.. :) (oops just realised.. In view of the Jules visit, it will help to know how many occupants each car will contain.. )

James. (2)
Jimbo.
Godfer..
Mrjoneswales (2)

J1MBO
23rd July 2012, 21:04
James

Other thread closed with a link to this one, I'll also place a link in the NW regional forum.

I think my good lady will be joining us on the 19th, unsure as to what I will be driving :shrug:

Jules
23rd July 2012, 22:03
Erm evening James & Frank.
Mrs Jules says the Pier and parts of Colwyn Bay prom are blocked off at the mo and if you remember some members missed finding us at the last meet!!
(I haven't been out for weeks so it was a shock to me) :o

What I suggest is you all meet EAST of the pier just BEFORE the new Colwyn Bay Water sports Centre (not finished yet so lots of upheaval)

See here :smilie_re:
http://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/106654/watersport-centre-image-reveals-new-look-colwyn-bay.aspx

All the lamposts are numbered, so I will try and find 2 suitable lamposts that we can all meet between ok?

James.uk
24th July 2012, 00:36
Thank you Jimbo.. :D

Hiya Jules.. Thanks for the info, the Pier car park was open last time I came over, so it's a good job you let us know.. :o:o:o

We have a Welsh member, Mr Jones, coming with us, all being well we can make use of his local knowledge and stick him up front. I can be tail end Charlie and keep an eye out for stragglers.. :o

We do need the lamp post numbers though, and which way they run, so we don't turn the wrong way when we reach the prom from Junction 22... :o:o:o

As if... perish the thought.. lmho... :D:D:D

Gate Keeper
24th July 2012, 04:23
Looks like Jules will need a tin of biscuits to feed an army :) Looks like fun and if the weather holds even better.

rich17865
24th July 2012, 06:43
Ok I'm in, would be good to see Jules, so there is the deadline for those pcb's big man! Don't worry though, I am not a big fan of biscuits, I don't see why you get such a tough time for not dishing them out, tell people to take their own!

James.uk
24th July 2012, 16:25
Nice one Rich -- added... :)

James.uk
25th July 2012, 22:26
Bump.. :o

Frank Incensed
25th July 2012, 22:57
Bump.. :o

Vindaloo and Flying Banana previously said they'd go, Bob. Shame I can't make it. Not been to North Wales yet this summer.

James.uk
26th July 2012, 01:45
Ellow Robert. :}. Erm not sure they want to go to Wales? Just attend a meet at the Hollow tree as far as I know... :shrug:

But they are very welcome to join us.. :D:D:D

Shame you can't make it this time.. But it's a nice run out, so we can go over again later on if you want too.. :}

Frank Incensed
26th July 2012, 06:56
Ellow Robert. :}. Erm not sure they want to go to Wales? Just attend a meet at the Hollow tree as far as I know... :shrug:

Vindaloo and ' Banana were both on the "original" list on the thread started by mrjoneswales. Banana was even enquiring about accommodation to stop-over.:bowdown:
Robbberd also expressed an interest.

Robbberd
26th July 2012, 20:58
brilliant , im actually going to be in Angelesy about 20th aug for a week , hope, will come up a day earlier,

James.uk
26th July 2012, 23:55
Thank you Robert, I will add them to the list.. :o

xntric
27th July 2012, 19:35
Sounds fun, put me down please...........Bill.

James.uk
27th July 2012, 22:55
Addeded innit.. lol.. :)

trebor
27th July 2012, 23:49
Which 3 words on this forum go together more than any others..................James........Jules........ ...Biscuits

J1MBO
28th July 2012, 15:23
Which 3 words on this forum go together more than any others..................James........Jules........ ...Biscuits

Indeed........;)

vindaloo
28th July 2012, 20:41
Indeed........;)

innit, not indeed:getmecoat:

J1MBO
28th July 2012, 21:38
innit, not indeed:getmecoat:

Nearly edited it earlier to Indeed....innit ;)

Frank Incensed
29th July 2012, 21:28
I will add them to the list.. :o

You've still not added Robbberd, innit Bob? And most bananas we get to see are yellow, but the one we don't see very often, 'cos he lives at 'tother end of country innit, is a FLYING Banana.:D

James.uk
30th July 2012, 01:20
:o:o:o..... Sorry Fwankie...

Sorted ............. innit............... :)

You not coming to Jules place with us then Trebor???? Be nice to see you again. :)

pennineview
8th August 2012, 21:06
Hi, count me, will it be ok to meet up with you at the Romper 12.30pm?

James.uk
9th August 2012, 00:34
Yes that will be fine. :)

James.uk
9th August 2012, 16:13
So far this trip (meeting) to North Wales looks like breaking all previous records... Erm.. that was six cars.. lol.... But didn't include a visit to Jules place..

Jules??? We still need the lamp post numbers plzzz.. :o .. :}

J1MBO
9th August 2012, 16:21
So far this trip (meeting) to North Wales looks like breaking all previous records... Erm.. that was six cars.. lol.... But didn't include a visit to Jules place..

Jules??? We still need the lamp post numbers plzzz.. :o .. :}

Looking forward to it James - the good lady has decided to come along with us, had to let her as it's her car I'll be using :bowdown: don't worry I'll try and hide the fix or repair daily :getmecoat:

mrjoneswales
9th August 2012, 19:18
Hello......I have another member coming from the Wrexham area.....'oswestryalex'......I think he will meet me here in Wrexham, then we will both come over to Mold services to meet all you other guys around 1.30-1.40pm. Is that ok with the rest of you but I will confirm numbers of people for tea/biscuit reasons lol :-).....regards Jeff

Robbberd
10th August 2012, 10:25
Hello......I have another member coming from the Wrexham area.....'oswestryalex'......I think he will meet me here in Wrexham, then we will both come over to Mold services to meet all you other guys around 1.30-1.40pm. Is that ok with the rest of you but I will confirm numbers of people for tea/biscuit reasons lol :-).....regards Jeff

Hi , where are you meeting up , would love to " convoy "

Rob

James.uk
10th August 2012, 13:56
Yes that's fine.. :}

Be in McDonalds car park A55 near Mold, I expect to "drive through" at approx 1.45 PM (13-45) but can't stop or we will lose the convoy.. heh heh.. :D:D:D

Jules will need to know the numbers though.. :)

'oswestryalex' ??? Thats blimmen hard to spell innit!!! can't you bring a mate called Bob or Fred or summit!! :(

mrjoneswales
10th August 2012, 20:32
Hi Rob.......fine by me mate. You could meet me in the Red Lion car park in Marford around 1pm that day perhaps ? Just let me know cheers ....Jeff

James.uk
13th August 2012, 16:10
Not long now.. da dit da da... :D

Robbberd
14th August 2012, 09:02
Hi Rob.......fine by me mate. You could meet me in the Red Lion car park in Marford around 1pm that day perhaps ? Just let me know cheers ....Jeff
sorry for delay , excellent thank you.

any probs ill let you know.

Regards,
Rob

pennineview
16th August 2012, 20:17
Sorry, unfortunately unable to meet up as arranged at the Romper, will go straight to Jules's place,will catch up with you there. Will be bringing my wife with me.

See you Sunday.

Jim Jamieson
16th August 2012, 22:04
Pity I'm so far away, I just love a good tuck in with the biscuits.

Hope you all enjoy your visit.

JYJ

James.uk
16th August 2012, 23:07
Pennine.. no prob, havea good trip. :)

Yep, shame you have to miss out Jim, but you can go to the Scotish meets when they come up. :)

James.uk
16th August 2012, 23:16
Please read page one slightly amended info.. :)

Robbberd
17th August 2012, 11:31

Hi , ill catch up with you at Mold ,McDonalds , or ill drive straight up , See you there .
Take Care
Rob

J1MBO
17th August 2012, 16:44
Please read page one slightly amended info.. :)

Noted James - my good lady has an ear infection and will not now be attending - so the "festa" will only be one up........:getmecoat:

vindaloo
17th August 2012, 17:09
As I'm going to see Jules next Tuesday so he can perform some magic on my new car and I'm having to pop over to Sheffield Sunday morning, I'll have to pass on the Sunday trip. I'm sure you all will have a great time.

James.uk
17th August 2012, 17:18
Okie dokie.. List duly amended. :}

James.uk
17th August 2012, 17:58
Just done a search, and the lamp post numbers recommended last time were numbers 100 and 101. So we meet between those two OK... :)

Come off the A55 at Jctn 22, turn toward the sea, then at the sea front go left till you come to lamp post number 101.. Them park up facing the sea.. :}

I will copy-paste this info onto page one post one.. :}

GJBridge
17th August 2012, 20:46
I'm visiting in Mold on Sunday - can I come along?? I will have my 3 Hounds in tow, so it will only be a flying visit!!

Jules
18th August 2012, 01:29
You beat me to it James !!
Just been to visit the prom on the way home, they are still there.
Between Lamp posts 100-101 would be ideal and there is a Kiosk at 98- 99 for anyone peckish!

Further west than this there's massive construction going on which obliterates the view of the Colwyn Bay Pier (almost fallen down now anyway!)

So see you there folks.

Jules
18th August 2012, 19:46
Little competition for the mini meet tomorrow..............

Guess the mileage of this totally original 2003 CDT Conny Beauty :smilie_re:
It can be seen in the flesh having a new cooling fan.
The winner who's mileage guess is the closest will receive the prize in the link below

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-wZ14Mbp3C1o/UC_uf8cAt8I/AAAAAAAAF7w/EFZ_Tjnx6GQ/s800/20120816_173954.jpg?gl=GB

The prize will be one of these :smilie_re:

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=1077348#post1077348

DerekS
18th August 2012, 22:59
Somebody mention Prizes ???
# Thats persuaded me then .:D

Ill do my best to be at McDonalds Mold, to be collected . (Wedgewood tourer )

Sorry about short notice, personal Alzhemiers setting in !

Derek .

James.uk
19th August 2012, 01:59
Welcome along, the more the merrier... :D if Jules runs out of bickies, I can soon pop to the shop for more. :D:D

re Jules cars mileage.. hmm.. I'm guessing 16,000 miles... :}

mrjoneswales
19th August 2012, 09:38
I'm guessing 43,803 miles, see you all later on the prom :-)

Godfer
19th August 2012, 09:47
Re: mileage guess,

Robbberd
19th August 2012, 17:03
Gutted, got there about 2.10 , nobody around. Didn't know how to get to jules place either... well disappointed.apologies to all , really was looking forward to it...

J1MBO
19th August 2012, 18:28
Gutted, got there about 2.10 , nobody around. Didn't know how to get to jules place either... well disappointed.apologies to all , really was looking forward to it...

Sorry to learn of that.

I had to cry off going to North Wales at the 11th hour but I did send them off from the Hollow Tree, Stretton at 1:15pm today.

Hopefully the convoy leader will report later :D

GJBridge
19th August 2012, 18:32
I couldn't make it either - Grandma made a roast lunch (bad excuse - great lunch).
Apologies to all.

mrjoneswales
19th August 2012, 19:39
sorry if anyone missed us all, 5 in the convoy and 6 @ Jules ! We were on the prom around 2.15/2.20pm and waited 10 mins just in case between the lamps as stated. Left around 7pm after many hours of putting the cars to rights (lol). Jules is the best guy out there and we all learnt alot from him and each other.Took lots of photo's which I hope to post later, many thanks for having us all at your House........I for one took a fancy to the 'dormant' V8 that was parked up .....mmmmm cheers guys :-)

rich17865
19th August 2012, 19:58
What a fabulous time had by all, and what a generous host Jules is. A big thank you to Mrs Jules for refreshments. I can confirm the rumours about the biscuits are unfounded!

J1MBO
19th August 2012, 21:11
What a fabulous time had by all, and what a generous host Jules is. A big thank you to Mrs Jules for refreshments. I can confirm the rumours about the biscuits are unfounded!

Glad you all had a great time - sorry I had to duck out at the last minute :getmecoat:

Jules
19th August 2012, 21:40

Ah shucks Rob
You could have rung me.............
My numbers are to the left on my Avatar :o

Great crowd today, Thanks for turning up folks.
Total of 15 75 ZT's here today including some of mine, a record :cool:

Jules

vindaloo
19th August 2012, 21:52
Glad you all had a great time, would have loved to have been there but had to go to Sheffield and anyway I'm having my own session with Jules on Tuesday so I'd better go out & buy a big tin of biscuits tomorrow.

Jules
19th August 2012, 21:55
Are you bringing your Concourse skills with you Jim or are you coming to relax in the woods :o

DerekS
19th August 2012, 23:23
A small selection of visit pictures.

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/1495031734667fbe.jpg
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/149503173471829b.jpg
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/149503170a7e0be8.jpg has anybody seen this man ?

Many thanks to Jules and Mrs J for a very pleasant afternoon.

vindaloo
20th August 2012, 07:18
Are you bringing your Concourse skills with you Jim or are you coming to relax in the woods :o

I shall be bringing the biscuits and making the tea:D

James.uk
20th August 2012, 12:54
I will start a separate thread re the Meeting at Jules place.. Lots of pics to post and this thread is getting a bit unwieldy.. lol... :D:D:D

James.uk
20th August 2012, 15:38
I have some pics of it, but there will be a delay while I trans fer them from my camera to my PC, and from there to photobucket, and then link them here.. So I may be quite some time... lmho.. :D:D

mrjoneswales
20th August 2012, 16:41
I will start with these five and add them as I go !

mrjoneswales
20th August 2012, 16:46
....next five .....

mrjoneswales
20th August 2012, 16:52
........next five......

mrjoneswales
20th August 2012, 17:00
......some more.....

mrjoneswales
20th August 2012, 17:05
I'll keep going lol......

mrjoneswales
20th August 2012, 17:12
.......5 more........

mrjoneswales
20th August 2012, 17:17
and more pics.....

mrjoneswales
20th August 2012, 17:20
and more.....

mrjoneswales
20th August 2012, 17:24
nearly finished........

mrjoneswales
20th August 2012, 17:30
ok....last couple I promise, could only upload 5 @ a time so has took me an hour lol......I havn't included the ones of my Pollen filter before and after as I am too embarrassed........had a great afternoon hope you all enjoy the pics......Jeff :-)

Robbberd
20th August 2012, 18:56
Just seen the pics on the other thread .., it looked brilliant... glad everybody enjoyed it , still gutted I missed it by minutes..I'm only in angelsey , didnt have your number jules or i would have rang ..I washed the car special too .lol

J1MBO
20th August 2012, 20:41
Thanks for sharing those with us Jeff :bowdown:

James.uk
20th August 2012, 23:24
Yep, Some very nice pics Jeff. :}

Well the weather when I left home was awfull, raining quite hard.. No one at the Romper.. So orf to the Hollow tree where some of the lads were waiting.. :) So four cars set off from there to Wales.. We picked up another car at Mold McDonalds, and away again for Colwyn bay. Fortunately the rain eased off a lot on the way to Colwyn, but it was more or less decided that the trip to the Great Orme was a no go due to the weather.. But later, after 4 PM, the sun popped out now and then. making our visit to Jules in North Wales a very nice afternoon out :D

So here are some pics I took..
first:- The infamous biscuit tin put in an appearance due largely I think, to Isabel (Mrs Jules) And I finally got to eat one of it's contents!! YAYY!! A three year quest is over.. lmho :D:D

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b12/Jamesoneuk/Julesplace19-8-20126-1.jpg

Next we have some suspicious looking characters lurking about, and I had left my lil guard dog at home.. So I hid in the bushes,,,,, again... lol.. :D

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b12/Jamesoneuk/Julesplace19-8-201211.jpg

Some cars arriving.. Looks like a secret meeting in the woods! :D ..

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b12/Jamesoneuk/Julesplace19-8-20129B.jpg

More lurkers...... :}

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b12/Jamesoneuk/Julesplace19-8-20125.jpg

More cars.. :}

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b12/Jamesoneuk/Julesplace19-8-201214.jpg

A car on drip feed due to lack of air-con i think.. :D

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b12/Jamesoneuk/Julesplace19-8-20123.jpg

And more cars.. :}

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b12/Jamesoneuk/Julesplace19-8-201216.jpg

J1MBO
21st August 2012, 13:17
Thanks for those James mate :bowdown:, makes up for not going :(

eumjmorris
21st August 2012, 14:06
Yes James, makes up for not going...and I think I recognise some of those biscuits in the tin, provided Sept 2011...(joke to Isabel & Jules)...didnt see any Dorchester Red or Moonstone Green cars, nor Aubergine personal line interiors, in the snaps?...
I must get organised and make another appointment with the maestro, rad-fan replacement and more... at least diesels dont need belts doing, innit?
Regards, Mike M.

James.uk
21st August 2012, 15:27
I did notice a dark Red 75 and asked Jules if it was Dorchester Red (I'm colour blind) But apparently it wasn't.. Nice Black Tourer there though. :D

I also rather liked the White Two seater Honda auto I saw there.. :drool4: :o

sydneymj
22nd August 2012, 10:34
Yes James, makes up for not going...and I think I recognise some of those biscuits in the tin, provided Sept 2011...(joke to Isabel & Jules)...didnt see any Dorchester Red or Moonstone Green cars, nor Aubergine personal line interiors, in the snaps?...
I must get organised and make another appointment with the maestro, rad-fan replacement and more... at least diesels dont need belts doing, innit?
Regards, Mike M.

Will try and bring my Aubergine Connie to the next meet...

James.uk
22nd August 2012, 14:12
You live in Chatham? Kent? Thats a heck of a drive to make innit, coz Jules is in North Wales..Down the far end... :D

sydneymj
22nd August 2012, 18:19
You live in Chatham? Kent? Thats a heck of a drive to make innit, coz Jules is in North Wales..Down the far end... :D

Ah but my surname Jones

Jules
23rd August 2012, 20:49
Glad you all had a nice time.
Yikes mine & Mrs Jules cars were by far the dirtiest :o :getmecoat:

Jules
27th August 2012, 14:58
ok....last couple I promise, could only upload 5 @ a time so has took me an hour lol......I havn't included the ones of my Pollen filter before and after as I am too embarrassed........had a great afternoon hope you all enjoy the pics......Jeff :-)

Thanks Jeff (now your friend FB :o)

Jules
27th August 2012, 15:14
Forgot to publish the results of my little competition :o

Bearing in mind the 75 in question was in for a new cooling fan and condenser:

The mileage would be expected to be at least 90k (70k if just in for a fan motor!!)

Mileage estimates were:

James 16,000 :rolleyes:

Sid 76,000

Jeff 43,000

Rich 98,000

Tony 200,000 (originally Tony said 160k but changed his mind !!)

Derek 47,851

The actual mileage is 150,610 so Tony won the Wooden 75 keyfob

The interior still looks new I think you will agree.
I've seen tattier at 70k, how others get so grubby is a mystery to me :shrug:

Little competition for the mini meet tomorrow..............

Guess the mileage of this totally original 2003 CDT Conny Beauty :smilie_re:
It can be seen in the flesh having a new cooling fan.
The winner who's mileage guess is the closest will receive the prize in the link below

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-wZ14Mbp3C1o/UC_uf8cAt8I/AAAAAAAAF7w/EFZ_Tjnx6GQ/s800/20120816_173954.jpg?gl=GB

The prize will be one of these :smilie_re:

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=1077348#post1077348

mErCuTi0
1st September 2012, 10:32
Well erm... I live in Llandudno... so I'll try getting the day off, or the morning shift... think I can be counted in. :p :drool4:

Damn.. just noticed this says August.. not Sept ¬_¬
Stupid month changing every 30 days..urgh.

mErCuTi0
1st September 2012, 10:45
Do another one! I only just got my ZT V6 and I live in Llandudno!

Jules.. this is going back a while.. maybe 4 years... but!

Does your dad also drive a ZT and did it breakdown at the Colwyn Bay Lidl about.. erm... 4 or 5 years ago (told you a while, haha) and then you came to help him in your V8 monogram.... I was working there at the time and came out and asked you to rev the engine :p
I was missing my ZR so much at the time because I'd only just moved to the UK from Belgium and wasn't able to get ANY insurance for it over here.. so had to leave it there and sell her :(

Anyways.. bit of an old 'was it you', haha.

Jules
3rd September 2012, 21:01
HI Robert

Yes that was me !!!
What an Ultimate "was it you" 5 years on :o

It was one of my sales cars my Father was testing for me.
Low & behold at only 10k miles the final drive locked up in the car park.
(couldn't go forward or backwards!)
By the time the recovery truck dropped it off at the Garage, it had freed itself.
(guess it was a piece of swarf stuck in the cogs)

It never happened again and the new owner drove it off a few weeks on.
12 months later a courtesy call revealed all was still fine with their ZT 160.
We added a Gerry metal T for good measure ;)

Jules