PDA

View Full Version : Hollow Tree 19th August 2012

J1MBO
23rd July 2012, 21:38
The next meet at the Hollow Tree is due on Sunday 19th August 2012 at 1:00pm

Would interested members please post on this thread if they intend to attend.

James has organised the following on the same day

Visit-meeting at/to Jules, and Colwyn Bay.. 19th Aug 2012. (http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=1061223#post1061223)

anybody that is interested in joining this please post on the above thread in the North Wales region forum

Please be aware that regional meets are not official 75 & ZT Owners Clubs meets and as such are not covered by the clubs public liability insurance.
Also the Owners Club take no responsibility for the meet in any way.

Spinal tap
26th July 2012, 19:37
Hi, new member here. I'll come along to the meet. Would be nice if someone would cast their expert eye over my new motor (04 MG ZT T 160 V6) bought it before discovering the forum and only ever owning VAG group cars don't know to much about this one.
Cheers, Matt.

J1MBO
28th July 2012, 15:29
Hi, new member here. I'll come along to the meet. Would be nice if someone would cast their expert eye over my new motor (04 MG ZT T 160 V6) bought it before discovering the forum and only ever owning VAG group cars don't know to much about this one.
Cheers, Matt.

Welcome Matt

I'll be at the Hollow Tree on the 19th early prior to joining the convoy to North Wales.

I'll be pleased to give what assistance I can as I'm sure other members will.

PM also sent.

Cheers
Jim

Spinal tap
28th July 2012, 15:46
Welcome Matt

I'll be at the Hollow Tree on the 19th early prior to joining the convoy to North Wales.

I'll be pleased to give what assistance I can as I'm sure other members will.

PM also sent.

Cheers
Jim

Thanks Jim, just a few little niggles on the car I'd like an opinion on that's all.
Cheers, Matt.

rich17865
29th July 2012, 21:16
I am usually there earlier than most, pleased to offer advice.

Spinal tap
29th July 2012, 21:24
I am usually there earlier than most, pleased to offer advice.

Thanks Rich, I bought it with my heart rather than my head, it's a one owner with full service history but as I said I have no experience of these motors so a once over by someone on here would be great:}

rich17865
30th July 2012, 06:29
Thanks Rich, I bought it with my heart rather than my head, it's a one owner with full service history but as I said I have no experience of these motors so a once over by someone on here would be great:}

Are you having any problems with it?

J1MBO
30th July 2012, 12:16
Are you having any problems with it?

Nah - it's a petrol V6 ;):cool::getmecoat:

Spinal tap
30th July 2012, 21:53
Nothing obvious, not impressed with braking performance but have read that they weren't that good to start with lol! As I said earlier I have no experience of the car, so a once over by somebody in the know would put my mind at rest. Maybe have a quick drive around the block etc?

J1MBO
30th July 2012, 22:11
Nothing obvious, not impressed with braking performance but have read that they weren't that good to start with lol! As I said earlier I have no experience of the car, so a once over by somebody in the know would put my mind at rest. Maybe have a quick drive around the block etc?

I'm sure Rich & myself will only be to pleased to do that for you.

Never really had a problem with the brakes on the KV6 I owned - maybe it's the feel of them after coming from driving a different marque.

Spinal tap
30th July 2012, 22:52
Cheers Jim, RE the brakes, maybe your right about a different "feel" hopefully all will be resolved at the meet:shrug::D

James.uk
31st July 2012, 01:41
What out that Jimbo doesn't test drive your car over to North Wales and back.. lol :D

rich17865
31st July 2012, 20:29
I have replaced front discs and pads on mine in the not too distant past, rather underwhelmed to be honest, they work but almost every other car I have owned felt at least a little more positive. It took some getting used to, but yours are probably 'normal'. :D

Spinal tap
31st July 2012, 20:37
Cheers Rich, from what I've researched they do seem to be a bit underwhelming, not anywhere near as good as my previous Octavia VRS, which is a bit surprising considering the 18 inch wheels, could of got some big calipers behind them lol!

Spinal tap
31st July 2012, 20:39
What out that Jimbo doesn't test drive your car over to North Wales and back.. lol :D

Haha, there's never enough juice in it to get it that far!

rich17865
31st July 2012, 20:43
I used to have a laurin and klement octavia and the brakes on the rover are not a scratch off them.

J1MBO
5th August 2012, 11:36
A bump for any other interested parties for either the meet at The Hollow Tree or for James's sojourn to North Wales.

James.uk
5th August 2012, 12:49
When they did the critique about the 75-ZT on Clarkies prog, they claimed that the brakes were one of the cars strong points. And personally speaking, I can't fault mine. When I jump on the stop pedal, the car stops! I gave it some real stick after the garage fitted the last set of disc's and hubs and left a huge cloud of smoke off the tyres behind me! Rear view visibility was nil!! :D :o

But.. You can fit bigger disc's and callipers if you have 17" or bigger wheels.. They come off one of the ZT models I think... :} :shrug:

stevo snr
13th August 2012, 10:16
What time are they leaving for Wales. I've got my Sons wedding the day before and not sure what state I'll be in.

J1MBO
13th August 2012, 14:06
What time are they leaving for Wales. I've got my Sons wedding the day before and not sure what state I'll be in.

Ken, afaik 1:00pm :D

James.uk
13th August 2012, 16:06
Welsh convoy should get to the H tree at one PM from the Romper, so will leave at about 1-15 PM to keep the rendezvous with the Welsh lads at Mold McDonald's at 1-45 PM.. To be at the sea front Colwyn Bay at 2-15 PM. .... :}

Spinal tap
18th August 2012, 20:10
Just wondered what time people will be arriving at the Hollow Tree? I've seen there's a convoy to Wales leaving at 1.15 was going to nip up but seems a bit pointless if people are only there for 15 minutes?

James.uk
18th August 2012, 20:17
Not everyone will be going on to Wales, Some people will be staying to chat at the hollow tree... :}

Spinal tap
18th August 2012, 20:22
:}Cheers James.

J1MBO
18th August 2012, 21:43
Just wondered what time people will be arriving at the Hollow Tree? I've seen there's a convoy to Wales leaving at 1.15 was going to nip up but seems a bit pointless if people are only there for 15 minutes?

Matt, I intend being at the Hollow Tree by 12:00 and Rich normally arrives early.

Spinal tap
18th August 2012, 21:47
Matt, I intend being at the Hollow Tree by 12:00 and Rich normally arrives early.

Ok, cheers Jim, will get there around 12 as well.

J1MBO
19th August 2012, 18:37
Ok, cheers Jim, will get there around 12 as well.

Nice to meet you today Matt, hope you'll be able to make it for the next NW meet :D.

Spinal tap
19th August 2012, 18:45
Nice to meet you today Matt, hope you'll be able to make it for the next NW meet :D.

You to Jim, pm'd you about the plates on my car, the stamp says "press garage" started a thread in the general section. Thanks again.

J1MBO
19th August 2012, 18:48
You to Jim, pm'd you about the plates on my car, the stamp says "press garage" started a thread in the general section. Thanks again.

Yes nice ;), seen the other thread.