PDA

View Full Version : 75's around the world

Ti Rich
30th November 2006, 00:45
As many of you know I travel a lot and in the past few weeks I have noticed a lot of 75's over seas. Recent sightings include:-

Barbados - nice red 75
Trinidad - Black 75
Argentina - Silver 75 (with loads of 200/400's)
Japan - lot's of 75' and orignal Mini's!

In fact in Argentina I have seen far more Rovers than BMW's. It's clear to me that the Rover brand is still strong in markets outside of Europe and I hope that the new owners are able to build on this.

Not many Z cars seen outside Europe however I did see a huge MG advertising campaign in Mexico just after the demise of MGR.

anglaslt
30th November 2006, 12:40
Recently in Kiev, Ukraine saw just one 75, in duo-tone coffee and cream.

In Belarus saw one, an Embassy car with a flag!

Here quite a few. We had an MGR dealership here and another non franchise dealer bought a batch of 60 cars from MGR in 2002 or 3.

Nick Hoare
30th November 2006, 15:59
Saw a silver one in Croatia earlier this year but unfortunately it looked as though
it wasn't looked after very well.

JP53
30th November 2006, 18:54
Saw a silver one in Croatia earlier this year but unfortunately it looked as though
it wasn't looked after very well.

It was probably very well looked after, it's just the colour :laughing2: (ducks back below the parapet)

cantabro75
30th November 2006, 18:58
I saw 2 in Casablanca:)

Keith
1st December 2006, 18:00
I do hope all you Globe trotting chappies are sticking Fliers on all those you do see ??????????????????????????????????

seacat
2nd December 2006, 13:11
I do hope all you Globe trotting chappies are sticking Fliers on all those you do see ??????????????????????????????????

Where do we get the fliers from?

I am in Palma for a few months and see quite a few 75's in Palma and around the island

James

Ken
2nd December 2006, 15:49
It was probably very well looked after, it's just the colour :laughing2: (ducks back below the parapet)

:mad: :rant: :trans: :no: :mood: or words to that effect ;)

JP53
2nd December 2006, 15:59
:mad: :rant: :trans: :no: :mood: or words to that effect ;)

Oh, hi Ken it was probably a different shade of silver to the beautiful ones owned by you and the other members of the club. :D

Ken
2nd December 2006, 16:31
Oh, hi Ken it was probably a different shade of silver to the beautiful ones owned by you and the other members of the club. :D
:laughing2: :clap:

MartinW
3rd December 2006, 04:40
I have seen 75s and ZTs in:
Australia (Sydney, Brisbane and Perth)
South Africa (Cape Town & Johannesburg)
Middle East (Dubai & Doha)
Far East (Mainly Kuala Lumpur) - in fact until earlier this year, there was a huge sign near the airport for MG Rover.

What was nice was that in the Middle East and Far East, the cars were often sold alongside Range Rovers, Mercs, BMWs etc in exclusive style showrooms.

I managed to get dealer brochures from ME and South Africa.

Ti Rich
12th December 2006, 19:32
OK, not 75's but this week i am in Nigeria and have seen LOADS of Rover 600's. All in very good condition compared to the other S**T on the roads over here.

Raistlin
12th December 2006, 22:16
A friend of mine is on "holiday" in the Falkland Islands at the moment and tells me that there is a silver coloured Rover 75 CDT club being used as a taxi in Port Stanley.

In an area where 99.9% of road vehicles are landies, that's got to say something for the Rover

Gryphon
13th December 2006, 08:14
I saw 2 in Egypt both in beautifull blue:D

Christopher
13th December 2006, 09:15
I saw one lurking in an underground garage in Mexico City ... :D

direstraits
13th December 2006, 11:05
Hi all I saw a Rover 75 Conn in Thanet last week.

Ti Rich
13th December 2006, 20:00
Also saw a 800 coupe in lagos today.

Such nice cars in such a nasty place................

g-mac
3rd August 2010, 19:42
quite alot floating around Amsterdam

g-mac
3rd August 2010, 19:43
whoops just realised how old this thread is