PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone been to this site ?

scorpio stu
28th July 2012, 10:39
http://www.camping-castels.co.uk/camping-parc-de-fierbois-id253-id_camping6.html?dateBegin=13%2F08%2F2012&dateEnd=20%2F08%2F2012&id_region=&duree=7&id_accommodation_type=0&id_theme=&id_activites_on=&id_camping_ctv=2416&productId=

We have just booked for a week 18th - 25th August and only 350 from Calais

scorpio stu
28th July 2012, 12:08
Doesn't matter now as my run of bad luck is carrying on.
Just had a text from the so called friend we were buying the van from and I quote ' just spoken to my dad and he said the caravan needs, roof light replacing,new leisure battery,new electric hook up lead,two new tyres,water barrel and waste barrel. These are the things she said it had got and there was nothing that needed doing on the van. Needless to say I told her to poke the caravan somewhere nice and dark and thanks for ruining our summer ! so..caravan is off the agenda and so is a summer holiday as I now have to try and get the money back for the camp site and ferry.
Rant over

ssizefive
28th July 2012, 12:26
At least you found out before you had paid for the van, although if the van itself is in good order you could soon pickup the water carriers & hook up lead off ebay / gumtree - the tyres & leisure battery would be quite expensive & i'm not sure about the rooflight.

Steve

scorpio stu
28th July 2012, 15:08
I've said to her to leave it and have managed to change the booking to a chalet at the same place. I said I could do all the bits to the van but want it for a reduced price which I think is fair. Originaly she said all the kit was with the van and for me to replace it all and replace the roof light/vent is going to be around £150-200 which is what I've said I'll take off the price we agreed on.She hasn't replied..oh well at least we are still going away

Steve916
28th July 2012, 15:22
I was going to suggest, couldn't you buy or borrow a big tent, instead of wasting a weeks holiday, but I'm glad you have managed to get a chalet instead now:}

ssizefive
28th July 2012, 15:22
At least you have still managed to arrange the holiday which is good news.

Steve.

scorpio stu
28th July 2012, 15:25
Cheers chaps,just booked an aircon regas and will then be ready to go.