PDA

View Full Version : spanner and family meet

actros
7th August 2012, 14:44
Hi all there is going to be another weekend meet at the Aeroventure Museum
at Doncaster on the wekend of the 21-22-23 September
On the Friday night we can got to the pub for a meal and on the Sat night there will be a B.B.Q. same as the last one
There is plenty of room for caravans and tents
The price is caravan £7.50 per night including electric hook up
Camping is £5.00 per night including electric hook up
is includes entry to the museum
Day entry for cars is £5.00.
Toilets and showers will be open 24hrs
please put your names down for this please it will be another good weekend.
There is a Premier inn just out side the museum if anybody wants to stay.

1 actros +caravaning
2 raynor +camping
3 ssizefive +caravaning
4 andy willi+ camping
5 Pab+ camping
6 canonite + camping
7 nigeeb day
8 shadrackdave day
9 Bluejon (premier inn fri sat)
10 Xtra100
11 stocktake (camping)
12 james uk
13 stannington glen (day)
14 beejay (premier inn)
15 sikelsh (friday camping)
16 gannon65

sikelsh
7th August 2012, 14:48
Cant make this one :( I have to move the Caravan that weekend from one camp-site to another.

I must urge folk to sign up, it was a great weekend last time. :bowdown:

Simon

Raynor
7th August 2012, 15:05
Ill make sure I'm there. Can't say no to a good weekend. Ill be camping in a good old tent again.

ssizefive
7th August 2012, 15:56
Excellent :D:D Put me down for this please Brian. If this is half as good as the last one we are in for a fantastic weekend!!
I will be bringing the caravan again.

Steve.

actros
7th August 2012, 20:06
All on the list:bowdown:

Unclefista
7th August 2012, 21:01
Ooh, me me, and my boy please :)

Canonite
8th August 2012, 09:04
Me myself and I, camping it up like Julian Clary at a Boy George concert

pab
8th August 2012, 09:16
Please add me to the list..Suppose I better get the tent out.:}

Nige B
8th August 2012, 14:38
Pm sent to Actros

actros
8th August 2012, 15:14
Pm sent to ActrosList now up dated.

Bluejon
13th August 2012, 13:02
Hiya Bri,

Can you put me on the list please,just booked into Lakeside Premier for Fri/Sat nights 21/22 Sept,many thanks mate.

John.

pab
13th August 2012, 20:46
Hiya Bri,

Can you put me on the list please,just booked into Lakeside Premier for Fri/Sat nights 21/22 Sept,many thanks mate.

John.Will be great to see you John.I had a drive round this newly developed area,it appears to have two Premier Inns and hiding toward the back of the development a Holiday Inn express with a Public House adjacent.

Charles
16th August 2012, 20:09
Hoping to be there on the Saturday, although I can't stay over due to family commitments. Have never been to one of these before but I'm looking forward to putting faces to some of the names I keep seeing on here. I assume there will be no problem with bringing the dog?

Charles

ssizefive
16th August 2012, 20:13
Hoping to be there on the Saturday, although I can't stay over due to family commitments. Have never been to one of these before but I'm looking forward to putting faces to some of the names I keep seeing on here. I assume there will be no problem with bringing the dog?

Charles

There was a dog at the last one & nothing was said ( although i think it may have put a bit of weight on as it was getting lots of treats off the BBQ :D:D )
The last one of these meets we had was excellent!

Steve.

Xtra100
17th August 2012, 19:34
I'll be going. :) Someone will have to remind me! I forgot the last. :(

James.uk
18th August 2012, 20:11
I will be attending this one, with winter coming on I need some front lights on my car.. :o...

pab
18th August 2012, 20:23
I will be attending this one, with winter coming on I need some front lights on my car.. :o...
...Camping,Caravan or Hotel.

The lights aren't a problem.;)

stanningtonglen
19th August 2012, 10:51
hi all, put me down just for sat please, wont be camping though.

Nige B
19th August 2012, 11:26
Just looked at the pics from the thrybergh meet and think my zt is going to be an ugly duckling at the side of these cars...to be honest a little worried about showing up in daylight....can these cars be "upgraded" in the dark ?:D

stocktake
19th August 2012, 11:28
Camping,Caravan or Hotel.

The lights aren't a problem.;)

Nice one Pab,

I picked the projectors up at the Yorkie meet yesterday one of the brackets had broken on the inside of the light. with a lot of patience, a hairdyer and a paint scraper I have managed to open up the light unit and replace the broken parts with the spares I have. I will polish the lenses up and fit the nightbreaker bulbs before the Spanner meet. :).

cheers old bean :)

pab
19th August 2012, 11:41
Nice one Pab,

I picked the projectors up at the Yorkie meet yesterday one of the brackets had broken on the inside of the light. with a lot of patience, a hairdyer and a paint scraper I have managed to open up the light unit and replace the broken parts with the spares I have. I will polish the lenses up and fit the nightbreaker bulbs before the Spanner meet. :).

cheers old bean :)When you opened the box and shook one of the lamps,I thought terminal..Is this a case of these light units not travelling well?

stocktake
19th August 2012, 11:54
Never can tell that, it depends on the courier, i have seen some lights go in a box perfect and appear at the other end with these lugs broken. :(

The three fixing bolts that support the assy are all changeable if they break at the light casing end. If they break at the assembly of the bulb / (burner on Xenons) end then your struggling :(

beejay
19th August 2012, 19:00
Put me down Bri, will be at Premier Inn

actros
20th August 2012, 12:01
Put me down Bri, will be at Premier InnList updated.

James.uk
20th August 2012, 12:40
>>>Camping, Caravan or Hotel.<<<

None of the above. I will be a day tripper.. :D

>>>The lights aren't a problem.;)<<<

Not now they are not, but they were a megga problem till Dave (Stocktake) very kindly fixed em for me innit... :bowdown:

ssizefive
20th August 2012, 13:14
Put me down Bri, will be at Premier Inn

Let me know if you still need a spacesaver & i will bring one for you.

Steve.

stocktake
20th August 2012, 15:41
Let me know if you still need a spacesaver & i will bring one for you.

Steve.

Your boot will be full of eggs and spoons :D :D

.........And Blindfolds for those woodland walks with Raynor :rolleyes:

pab
20th August 2012, 15:54
.........And Blindfolds for those woodland walks with Raynor :rolleyes:Have I missed something here.:shrug:

ssizefive
20th August 2012, 16:02
Your boot will be full of eggs and spoons :D :D

.........And Blindfolds for those woodland walks with Raynor :rolleyes:

:D:D:D Glue is in the caravan already! I am bringing a serving spoon for my egg & a teaspoon for Ross's.

I have been on my own for a few years now but i can assure you i wont be going for a walk in the woods with Raynor!!!!!

Steve.

Nige B
20th August 2012, 17:08
These posts are getting very worrying.....is there some kind of strange initiation ceremony going on ??:shrug:

stocktake
20th August 2012, 17:14
.....is there some kind of strange initiation ceremony going on ??:shrug:

Do you want there to be ?.....:grouphug::laughing2:

ssizefive
20th August 2012, 17:49
These posts are getting very worrying.....is there some kind of strange initiation ceremony going on ??:shrug:

Dont be giving him ideas :D:D

Steve

Nige B
20th August 2012, 18:05
Do you want there to be ?.....:grouphug::laughing2:
LOL no thanks...:D

sikelsh
21st August 2012, 09:26
Ello all,

Can you pop me on the list please :D will be sleeping Friday, but not Saturday (boo hiss)

Jobs for me to do:
Door Card off, fix door lock
Vis Motors

Simon

Raynor
21st August 2012, 09:38
I can see me have a name or 2 :)

Nige B
21st August 2012, 10:51
Hi I know im being cheeky but .....have purchased a sun blind and shelf of Dominic 22 and hoping some kind gent will show me how to fit it.Not a clue ,although Canonite explained that its pretty awkward and you have to be quite supple (which im far from).what tools will i need to bring,not much good with cars etc.but will have a go if someone is coaching / helping.Probably be there on the sunday...as work doesnt allow for weekends away(although im only around 9 miles away).cheers Nige

Canonite
21st August 2012, 12:24

I think it's something to do with rodding plenum chambers. ;)

Hi I know im being cheeky but .....have purchased a sun blind and shelf of Dominic 22 and hoping some kind gent will show me how to fit it.Not a clue ,although Canonite explained that its pretty awkward and you have to be quite supple (which im far from).what tools will i need to bring,not much good with cars etc.but will have a go if someone is coaching / helping.Probably be there on the sunday...as work doesnt allow for weekends away(although im only around 9 miles away).cheers Nige

I'll give you hand if you like. :)

Nige B
21st August 2012, 16:03
Hi , had my plenums rodded already thanks mate(lol).....and a gracious thanks for the offer of help..will do as much as i can but like I said before , not good with cars and tools...cheers Nige

Canonite
21st August 2012, 16:09
Hi , had my plenums rodded already thanks mate(lol).....and a gracious thanks for the offer of help..will do as much as i can but like I said before , not good with cars and tools...cheers Nige

Nor me. I tend to just hammer things in and swear a lot. :D

Nige B
21st August 2012, 16:33
Any one else wanna help me and canonite ??? (lol):D:D

Canonite
23rd August 2012, 11:24
Any one else wanna help me and canonite ??? (lol):D:D

Don't announce it, I don't want Jimbo filming a cross legged fat man squashed into the back seat of a ZT. Wouldn't do my street cred much good. Easy with two sets of hands mate, see here (http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/download.php?file=tid015.pdf) and download the install guide ;)

Nige B
23rd August 2012, 11:49
Hi have fitted the sunblind today and its working,pig to find wiring ,.Only problem is the shelf is a lot lighter than my original.SOOO was thinking on the day we might attach the blind to my original shelf as didn't risk damaging the mechanism by tugging at the glued components.btw didnt take seating out..what would i need to fetch with me...other than a crate of fosters.:):)

McLaren
24th August 2012, 20:24
Can you put me down for sat please, wont be camping though. Thanks Gary :D

J1MBO
26th August 2012, 15:44
Don't announce it, I don't want Jimbo filming a cross legged fat man squashed into the back seat of a ZT. Wouldn't do my street cred much good. Easy with two sets of hands mate, see here (http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/download.php?file=tid015.pdf) and download the install guide ;)

Now as if I would Alan......:rolleyes:

Hi have fitted the sunblind today and its working,pig to find wiring ,.Only problem is the shelf is a lot lighter than my original.SOOO was thinking on the day we might attach the blind to my original shelf as didn't risk damaging the mechanism by tugging at the glued components.btw didnt take seating out..what would i need to fetch with me...other than a crate of fosters.:):)

Oh I see there may be a chance......;)

Actually there's talk of me riding shotgun with James.uk when he visits for the day - shall I bring the camcorder anyway :D

stocktake
26th August 2012, 15:48
Actually there's talk of me riding shotgun with James.uk when he visits for the day - shall I bring the camcorder anyway :D

Does that mean we will have to designate an "ugly" corner again Jim :D :D :D

J1MBO
26th August 2012, 16:30
Does that mean we will have to designate an "ugly" corner again Jim :D :D :D

I reckon so Dave......:rolleyes:.....:getmecoat:

James.uk
27th August 2012, 02:00
>>>me riding shotgun with James.uk when he visits for the day<<<

Only coz I want someone to blame when I get lost innit Jimbo.. lmho... :D:D:D

J1MBO
27th August 2012, 11:59
>>>me riding shotgun with James.uk when he visits for the day<<<

Only coz I want someone to blame when I get lost innit Jimbo.. lmho... :D:D:D

Oh I see :shrug: I thought it was for my scintillating company....:p: ;) :D:D:D

ganno65
27th August 2012, 15:34
I will be attending on the Saturday. Cheers.

Timbo.P6
27th August 2012, 15:56
we will be away when this is on,

andy willi
28th August 2012, 18:28
hi all due to the bad news over the weekend i wanted to cancell this meet but having had a long talk to brian this meet will still go on . brian will be there and will need all our support and help in a very difficult time for him and his family

please will you all support the meet and brian we need to do this as he and eve have supported us for a long time and have given there all for this club

i want also to rename this meet to the

EVE WHITE WEEKEND SPANNER AND FAMILY MEET

andy

Nige B
28th August 2012, 18:32
Hi Nice title and a lovely thought.Didn't meet the lady but from the kind responses on here i'm sure she was lovely.Look forward to meeting brian although wish it could've been at a happier time...see you there

Parker
28th August 2012, 19:30
This thread is now closed please see here

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=123231