PDA

View Full Version : Table Storage??????

Speedo
10th August 2012, 13:40
ELDDIS TYPHOON XL

Does anyone own one of these caravans? If so, where do you put the single leg dining table when removing it to make up the bunk beds?

Both the other tables I have seem to have designated 'lock in' points in the van when not in use, but not the small dining table. I currently store it upside down on the floor by the toilet but am always tripping over it when using the toilet at night.

Did they really design this with no proper 'home' for the table when not in use? i contacted Elddis for help but unfortunately it is too old for their records, so I wondered what others do.

Thanks.

sikelsh
10th August 2012, 16:01
I dont know that model, but our table goes at the back of the toilet, there are twist pegs to keep it in place.

If you already using this place, perhaps it fits behind a bigger table?

Simon

uk_dave&gill
10th August 2012, 16:15
Our "little" table goes into the same dedicated slot as the "big" table (although different make/model of van!)

Speedo
13th August 2012, 15:20
I dont know that model, but our table goes at the back of the toilet, there are twist pegs to keep it in place.

If you already using this place, perhaps it fits behind a bigger table?

Simon

We have a big table that locks in there too. This is a two seater dinette table with a permanent round centre leg that pushes into the floor. When you pull it out of the floor, the leg is still attached and this is what makes it impossible to slide anywhere. It has to be removed to slide the slats in for the bottom bunk but is way too big to them go underneath. A very strange design! :confused:

uk_dave&gill
13th August 2012, 15:40
We have a big table that locks in there too. This is a two seater dinette table with a permanent round centre leg that pushes into the floor. When you pull it out of the floor, the leg is still attached and this is what makes it impossible to slide anywhere. It has to be removed to slide the slats in for the bottom bunk but is way too big to them go underneath. A very strange design! :confused:

Not got a table like this, but I have come across them, and pretty sure that the leg will come out at the table end, but it's sometimes not obvious exactly how! It's possible it may have a hidden catch, or be a press-and-twist affair (like the top of a medicine bottle)? :shrug:

Melboy
13th August 2012, 16:59
We had a Hurricane XL (two berth version, similar layout) the small table from the front stowed in the wardrobe
Mel