PDA

View Full Version : Hollow Tree Meet Sunday September 16th

rich17865
20th August 2012, 22:44
Just a quick heads up for anyone not attending Vindaloo's get together on the 15th, and those who are, I will be at the Hollow Tree at 1pm on the 16th, come one, come all!

I will have my tools with me just in case, plus it is a good chance to get your car checked if you are a new owner or new to the club or new to 75 or zt ownership. There are always helpful and friendly faces about to put questions to.

The pub is a great family pub with excellent food and very fairly priced too, there is a huge soft play area for kids, and my daughter would like someone to play with for a change, so why not make a day out of it?

Thoughts please on booking a group table for some food and drink before hands get dirty?

Please be aware that regional meets are not official 75 & ZT Owners Clubs meets and as such are not covered by the clubs public liability insurance.
Also the Owners Club take no responsibility for the meet in any way.

James.uk
21st August 2012, 00:32
>>>Vindaloo's get together on the 15th,<<<

:shrug: not heard about his??????????? :o Linky??

The Hollow tree meal - meet sounds like a nice idea.. :}

Not sure I can make it though... :o

richardwjackson
21st August 2012, 06:37
Hoping to attend this one, depends on weekend work commitments though. Might need help changing a door mirror? :}

rich17865
21st August 2012, 07:18
>>>Vindaloo's get together on the 15th,<<<

:shrug: not heard about his??????????? :o Linky??

The Hollow tree meal - meet sounds like a nice idea.. :}

Not sure I can make it though... :o

Here you go!

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=119164

J1MBO
21st August 2012, 10:29
I'll be there Rich, note made in diary, I'll hide the "Festa" - thanks to you it's now called Uncle Festa by us :getmecoat:.

Thanks for pointing JamesUK towards Jim's event :D.

And as regards a meal sounds good to me, count me in.

James.uk
21st August 2012, 15:56
Just looked at Vindaloo's thread.................. I have already volunteered for it............. *sighs* ... I need a keeper.................... :o

J1MBO
21st August 2012, 20:47
Just looked at Vindaloo's thread.................. I have already volunteered for it............. *sighs* ... I need a keeper.................... :o

Been saying that for years :D;):getmecoat:

J1MBO
22nd August 2012, 12:51
I'll be there Rich, note made in diary, I'll hide the "Festa" - thanks to you it's now called Uncle Festa by us :getmecoat:.

Thanks for pointing JamesUK towards Jim's event :D.

And as regards a meal sounds good to me, count me in.

Looks like I may have to bow out on this.

We've just received an invitation to a Christening just outside Chester on the same day at 11:00am - granted I could just pop down the M56 but I think the good lady might notice I was missing :getmecoat:.

Will advise further...........

rich17865
22nd August 2012, 18:22
Bring them all to the Hollow Tree, they can wet the baby's head there and have a look at the lovely cars on show :D

pennineview
22nd August 2012, 18:46
sorry unable to attend will be on hols

vindaloo
22nd August 2012, 20:09
Should be there, maybe with my new purchase:shrug:

vindaloo
22nd August 2012, 20:12

No comment:getmecoat:

rich17865
22nd August 2012, 20:31
Should be there, maybe with my new purchase:shrug:

It would be good to see you there Jim, long time no see, have you got your heart set on another tourer?

vindaloo
22nd August 2012, 21:23
It would be good to see you there Jim, long time no see, have you got your heart set on another tourer?

Hi Rich, hopefully I'll see you on the 15th as well. I've moved on the manual CDT Tourer and guess what I've bought........ an Auto with cruise CDT Tourer and surprise, surprise I like it a lot. Went to Jules's yesterday and had a new Kenlowe, new air con condenser, turbo pipe & O rings. Still got some other work to do. I've got a couple of new door handles to fit and some chrome bullets (one of the existing ones is damaged), .......fancy a bit of work?????
Jim

rich17865
22nd August 2012, 21:32
Hi Rich, hopefully I'll see you on the 15th as well. I've moved on the manual CDT Tourer and guess what I've bought........ an Auto with cruise CDT Tourer and surprise, surprise I like it a lot. Went to Jules's yesterday and had a new Kenlowe, new air con condenser, turbo pipe & O rings. Still got some other work to do. I've got a couple of new door handles to fit and some chrome bullets (one of the existing ones is damaged), .......fancy a bit of work?????
Jim

I don't suppose it would result in a spare n/s bullet would it? Nevertheless I'm game!

vindaloo
22nd August 2012, 21:38
I don't suppose it would result in a spare n/s bullet would it? Nevertheless I'm game!

The n/s side has been damaged and is very slack, although I believe they can be repaired and I think there is a 'how to' on the forum. You are very welcome to both the replaced mirrors but I may want to keep the glasses as spares, they are bullets with copperleaf red covers.
I have removed & replaced door cards before but never changed an exterior door handle, I have 2 good ones to replace 2 pitted ones.

rich17865
22nd August 2012, 22:10
Sounds like a game for 2! I haven't done one before either, I am sure we can work it out between us.

J1MBO
23rd August 2012, 13:34
I have removed & replaced door cards before but never changed an exterior door handle, I have 2 good ones to replace 2 pitted ones.

Sounds like a game for 2! I haven't done one before either, I am sure we can work it out between us.

Pity I won't be there :( as I've done a few.

It's fairly easy, the door card has to come off to access a clip on the handle backplate to allow the removal of the exterior door handle's thumb button (the bit that doesn't move ;)), then the handle can be withdrawn from the door.

The clip in question
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=15983&d=1345728666

A Rimmers grid picture that will assist
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=15984&d=1345728676

no 7 being the clip in question, no 3 being the thumb button that it retains.

Hth

vindaloo
23rd August 2012, 19:06
Many thanks Jim

J1MBO
23rd August 2012, 19:20
Many thanks Jim

You're welcome Jim.

Forgot to mention, the clip needs levering out to the position shown in the photo to allow the thumb button to be removed and replaced.

rich17865
25th August 2012, 06:43
No takers on a meal then, I won't bother booking a table, not wanting to waste the time of our generous hosts at the Hollow Tree. Looks like I am going to be elbow deep in Vindaloo's new tourer anyway.

As we popped over to Wales recently, I thought we should invite the Welsh guys and gals onto our patch to see what they are missing!

Thoughts please :D

J1MBO
25th August 2012, 07:53
I think that idea is rather a good one Rich, just a pity I won't be there :o

vindaloo
25th August 2012, 07:59
Yes by all means invite the welsh members. I'm OK for a meal.

rich17865
26th August 2012, 20:10
I think that it is a bit short notice for a joint meet, perhaps organise something for October?

James.uk
27th August 2012, 01:21
I think we should issue a permanently open invite to all members no matter where they live to attend any of our meetings.. :}

rich17865
27th August 2012, 07:01
Of course all are welcome, bear with me, i'm having a think.

J1MBO
27th August 2012, 11:56
I think we should issue a permanently open invite to all members no matter where they live to attend any of our meetings.. :}

Think that would go without saying :grouphug:

taxi mad
7th September 2012, 12:54
Hi guys any spaces for a new member :bowdown:

James.uk
7th September 2012, 13:06
Plenty of room, you would be very welcome. :)

When's the meeting near Bolton happening?

carguy143
7th September 2012, 14:48
I'll be attending after all. It was good to meet some of you the other night.

Rik.

J1MBO
7th September 2012, 16:21
Plenty of room, you would be very welcome. :)

When's the meeting near Bolton happening?

The 15th James :D

rich17865
7th September 2012, 17:45
Hi guys any spaces for a new member :bowdown:

Yes of course, come one, come all!

Always great to meet a new member, see you there!

vindaloo
7th September 2012, 19:22
I'll be attending after all. It was good to meet some of you the other night.

Rik.

Why don't you come along to THIS (http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=119164) meet on the 15th, only 20-25 minutes from you & you could end up with a free Terraclean worth £85.00

carguy143
7th September 2012, 23:30
Why don't you come along to THIS (http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=119164) meet on the 15th, only 20-25 minutes from you & you could end up with a free Terraclean worth £85.00

I've been considering it but I'll be in Blackburn til about 12:30 so probably wont get there til after 1ish.

vindaloo
8th September 2012, 07:40
I've been considering it but I'll be in Blackburn til about 12:30 so probably wont get there til after 1ish.

We'll still be there:D

rich17865
15th September 2012, 21:36
This meet is still on, see you all there at 1pm!

vindaloo
15th September 2012, 21:49
I'll be there, currently on a bus going home from Manchester, a little worse for wear.

James.uk
15th September 2012, 22:18
I went to todays meet, Nice to you all again.. :D:D:D

Not goin tomorrow though, fed up with you lot innit.. lmho.. :p: ..

carguy143
16th September 2012, 03:57
Just got in now (not drinking) and I'll hopefully see you all about one. I'll wash the car this time I promise!

rich17865
16th September 2012, 16:09
Another great meet with another great turnout, plus another obligatory plenum clearing.

Thanks for the turnout today guys, I wasn't expecting so many today following yesterday's brilliant meet.

carguy143
16th September 2012, 16:11
I think we just missed the weather, it really took a turn for the worse on the way home.

vindaloo
16th September 2012, 16:25
Another great meet with another great turnout, plus another obligatory plenum clearing.

Thanks for the turnout today guys, I wasn't expecting so many today following yesterday's brilliant meet.

As you say a very good turnout again and we seem to be attracting more new members to our NW meets which is great. I think the venue is ideal with plenty of parking space, accommodating management, cheap nosh and a central location. I'm looking forward to the next one already:D:D

vindaloo
16th September 2012, 16:27
I think we just missed the weather, it really took a turn for the worse on the way home.

It's certainly coming down in torrents at the moment, we were lucky.;)