PDA

View Full Version : Finding a van in a hurry

SapperGB
22nd August 2012, 06:30
I need to find a van that is ready to go by Monday. Any ideas on where to look?

I dont have a huge outlay - looking at a maximum of £800. Am only going to need it for 2-3 months max, the larger the better but needs to come self sufficient, i.e. toilet/water (H&C), cooker, battery (hookup may not be available for upto 3 days at a time)

Dont want to travel too far as ive not towed in a very long time.

Ive tried ebay and most are poor, wehre else can i try?

MrDoodles
22nd August 2012, 07:51
Nearest provincial car auction!

sikelsh
22nd August 2012, 08:14
Try a cheeky punt on this ?

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/ready-to-go-swift-corniche-clean-and-tidy/109395172

happyal
22nd August 2012, 12:03
try autotrader..can narrow down area search and price...

SapperGB
22nd August 2012, 15:16
Try a cheeky punt on this ?

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/ready-to-go-swift-corniche-clean-and-tidy/109395172

Thanks for that, sadly it sold today. i would have paid that too.

He has a 95 elddis 3 berth at the same price so am going to take a look tonight, berth-wise 3 berth is fine as long as it is a large van, but 4 would be better.

cant find any provincial auction nearby.

Trophy Blue Tourer
22nd August 2012, 18:47
Most caravan dealers will have a "cheap and cheerfull" corner usualy!! - or will know where they send their "part ex" units:}

Try having a ring round in the morning!! just tell them your budget and requirements and ask!!

I do think that you might be struggling to find hot and cold water and a cassette toilet for that sort of money though!! - and if you want it to all work straight off!! particually as your in a bit of rush!!:shrug:

If you drop your needs to a "porta potty" and boiling a kettle for a wash you might be in with a shout of getting something thats safe to tow as well though!!:} if you only need it for 3 months and you dont mind scrapping it later (or repairing when you have time) you could possibly accept something with a touch of damp even!!

Shame you cant wait a month until the season is over!! loads on the bay then usualy!!

Dont forget the bigger vans (4/5 berths) are the ones most in demand at the lower end of the market as familys are more likely to be after a cheap holiday!!

Hope you can find something!!;)

Andy

SapperGB
24th August 2012, 19:21
Well i found one. I bought an early 90's Abbey GTS 4 berth, it almost doubled my budget but has everything i want with the bonus of a mover motor (which is great fun).

M one gripe is the price of mirrors. I needed them in a hurry and had to use halfords. Due to the shape of the ZT the only ones that would fit were the most expensive. At £25 EACH.

Thanks for all the tips Gents.

RPWC
28th August 2012, 19:28
try autotrader..can narrow down area search and price...

I would agree with that,there are often cheap and cheery ones for sale there