PDA

View Full Version : Rover 75 T Reg, Lights Not Working But Bulbs OK!

jakes-mum
1st December 2006, 10:21
Hi, I have a T reg rover 75, yesterday my hubby was driving along and put his main beam on, he then turned it off and the bulb warning light came on. When we stopped and checked the car, we found the front drivers side main beam light and indicator don't work, the front passenger side headlight is dim, the rear passenger indicator doesn't work and the break lights don't work.
We have tried all the bulbs, and they all work, and we have checked all the fuses and they too are fine. We think it must be electrical but can't find the source anywhere.
Any ideas would be appreciated!

GreyGhost
1st December 2006, 10:35
Hello jakes-mum

Welcome to the forum and the club.

First thing to check is that the ECU has not gotten wet.

Please follow the the instructions in the following PDF documents on the club site.:- 1. Unblocking drainage channels and 2. Upper Plenum Water Drain Unblocking And Modification
You will find them at the bottom right of the page.

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

Wet or damp ECU will cause all sorts of unexplained electrical problems and can cause it to fail. This is a very expensive item to replace. It may be necessary to unplug it and carefully dry it out.

Others more technically minded will be along with more information and suggestions.

baxlin
1st December 2006, 10:52
Hope you get it sorted

Malcolm

Keith
1st December 2006, 11:46
All the lights are controlled by the LSM this is an ECU attached to the back of the lights switch itself

The nature of your fault suggests the problem is either an earthing fault or it lies with this unit. You may have some damaged wiring but I don't know if this unit is intelligent enough to for example switch off circuits where short circuits etc are present.

The first thing I would double check for the bulbs at fault (especially the dim ones) is that they have a good earth.

You can then do some limited testing yourself to see if the lamps are being provided with a voltage at the holder and if not then at the LSM as that would show a cable break.

It is easy to get the LSM out to ensure the multi plugs are fitted properly

Fault finding the electronics in the LSM or more likely having it replaced is a dealer task though as it also stores a backup of the cars mileage.

There is another possibility and that is another bulb has failed in an odd way gone Short Circuit or something try disconnecting all the non working bulbs one by one

HTH

florinbrindas
25th October 2009, 10:05
Hi,

My problem is just like you.

Do you solve this problem ? How ? What was the problem, root cause, ECU wet, LCM?

Can someone help me ? Please !

florinbrindas
25th October 2009, 10:15
Hi, I have a T reg rover 75, and I put his main beam on, he then turned it off and the bulb warning light came on. When we stopped and checked the car, we found the front drivers side main beam light and indicator don't work, the front passenger side headlight is dim, the rear passenger indicator doesn't work and the break lights don't work.
We have tried all the bulbs, and they all work, and we have checked all the fuses and they too are fine. We think it must be electrical but can't find the source anywhere.
Any ideas would be appreciated!

:shrug::bowdown: