PDA

View Full Version : Charity Drive 26/8/12

RichardGrant
24th August 2012, 20:38
Hello

first proper post so be nice

After a 75 2.0 a few years ago I find myself now the owner of a ZT 190+ auto and what a lovely car it is even if the "raspy" noise was the rear back box blowing and yes the salesman did say "they all do that sir"

Anyway the reason for the post in this section albeit with short notice is to let you know that on Sunday 26/8/12 there is a charity drive in aid of the Kent Sussex and Surrey Air Ambulance, SusSAR and SERV Kent leaving from Christs Hospital at 0930ish through the countryside to the Kent and East Sussex Railway which is at Tenterden in Kent. On arriving there via a nice and easy not challenging or difficult route there is an area to park up and there will be a few stands and a police car to look at

Everyone who participates gets a 20% discount off the train fare if they want to travel the line

The entry fee is £10 and all proceeds go directly to the three charities.

If this floats your boat the FB group is here: http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/474817002545441/

It is a closed group but I'll let you in if you are real

Thanks for taking the time to read this post and maybe see you on Sunday

Thanks

Richard

Gate Keeper
24th August 2012, 21:26
Hi Richard and welcome to the club. I would liked to have joined you for the charity drive as not only is it very worthy it also looks like fun. I have another commitment. You would'nt happen to be related to the Grants from Zim or Kenya would you? Part of the my family are and if you are do send me a pm. All the best :}

RichardGrant
25th August 2012, 13:44
Hiya
I dont believe we have any ZA links no, we are the Scootish arm of the family I understand but you never know

Shame you cant make it, enjoy your weekend

All the best

DefibDuncan
4th September 2012, 09:53
Hi Richard. Was nice to meet you. Hope you got home OK and many thanks for raising money for the Air Ambos. Strange common threads. I have that lovely 75 PO52 OCX, work at the railway as a conductor on the Pullman at Tenterden, my best mate is the clinical manager at the Kent / Surrey air ambos and I also work as a race rescue medic for British automoble racing club (BARC). look after that MG. It was a steal. Sorry not many folk turned out, but great effort. Colin.