PDA

View Full Version : Would there be any interest ?

Petetourer
26th August 2012, 22:36
Hi All...

It has been suggested by a couple of members that we could try a weekend "nano" type meet that would involve a camp out and weekend of food drink and fixing cars :)

I have said I will look into something with an aim to maybe do something next year once the winter is out of the way ;)

So I have 3 questions for you all....

1) Would you be interested in attending a meet such as the above ?

2) Would you come for the day, or would you camp for the weekend

3) If you know of somewhere in the South Central Region that couls accomidate a meet such as this then please let me know....

I may contact the Caldecotte Mini Railway and see if they would accomadate us.. They are saving for a extension to the line, so I would imagine so for a small donation ;)

BUT, you guys may know of somewhere more suitable :shrug: Let me know...

Thanks guys....

Pete

shiner
27th August 2012, 06:50
Weekend camping would be a great idea, location....will give it some thought.

FLYING BANANA
27th August 2012, 07:10
I'd come for the day . See if the Caldecotte/railway would be interested?

Steve916
27th August 2012, 07:43
Sounds good to me Pete:}
Isn't the Caldecotte Arms a hotel also? In case people didn't want to camp:shrug: but wanted to stay for the weekend.

FLYING BANANA
27th August 2012, 07:46
Good thinking that man. In that case I'd come for the weekend.

Steve916
27th August 2012, 07:51
Just seen that the hotel part of the Caldecotte Arms is a Premier Inn too:}

windrush
27th August 2012, 08:15
Yes Pete I would be interested

stevesav
27th August 2012, 08:15
I would def be up for the weekend, but hate camping (like my home comforts to much lol), so i would book into the hotel as well:):)

windrush
27th August 2012, 08:59
Yes Pete I am the same haveing sold our caravan its got to be near a Premier Inn or Travel Lodge

Gate Keeper
27th August 2012, 10:22
Premier Inns are great for comfort and Travel Lodge usually has some deals to be had if booked in advance. The lowest price I have seen is £12. Next summer would be a good time and if it is nice, I can put myself down for camping. It was my first visit to Caldecott yesterday and I was impressed by the views and facilities. If it can help the railway to survive and they agree to a meet, so much the better. Thanks Pete :}

ukmastiff
27th August 2012, 10:44
I would be potentially interested in campover barbie etc but not really in a hotel stay as thats just a bit boring in comparison

I know a nice field in N/E Herts which would be available and its quite close to my back door which is handy lol.

Cheers

Mas

suffolk boy
27th August 2012, 13:13
the railway venue sounds perfect pub within crawling distance cheap food etc hotel nxt door for those who do not wish to camp.lovely setting and if we get the field will not get moaned at for taking over the place.hallo we where eating there as well and just as much right to park there as that silly bovine.i had the mind to tell her the black roots where showing whilst cutting throught slap with a wet wipe:}mess with me huh:getmecoat:

Steve916
27th August 2012, 17:41
the railway venue sounds perfect pub within crawling distance cheap food etc hotel nxt door for those who do not wish to camp.lovely setting and if we get the field will not get moaned at for taking over the place.hallo we where eating there as well and just as much right to park there as that silly bovine.i had the mind to tell her the black roots where showing whilst cutting throught slap with a wet wipe:}mess with me huh:getmecoat:

Calm down dear:D:D

mert
27th August 2012, 18:54
after yesterday would be up for it dont mind either way used to camping .Once owned a toyota liteace ( great all porpuse MPV)' We had aweekend meet at burham on sea the site let us have a nice flat field to ourselves but I suspect thats the wrong direction being in somerset?

scorpio stu
27th August 2012, 18:59
I'm up for a weekend of camping and cars..keep us informed Pete

Typhoon190
27th August 2012, 21:29
Sounds good to me. :}

Petetourer
27th August 2012, 22:02
Right, well there seems to be some interest, so I am on the case.. ;)

Will update with any more info I get...

coolcat
28th August 2012, 11:07
Sounds like a plan, I'm up for it although probably just the Sunday, Work Saturdays:mad:;)

scorpio stu
28th August 2012, 13:19
Sounds good to me. :}

Two Typhoon's there then !!

Petetourer
31st August 2012, 22:03
I have been given/shown a location by Trophy Blue Tourer (Andy) that could suit is down to a "T" ;)

Its a pub with a large area of Land behind it with room to camp along with power hook ups and even Shower facilities.... There is a basic B&B next door to the pub as well....

Location wise it is around the same sort of area as The Caldecotte Arms (within 10-15 Miles) and if a Travelodge type of hotel is preferred then there is one within 5 miles of the potential meet location... :D

So it looks like a promising prospect... I will be speaking to the venue and seeing what they think and arranging a visit to have a look...

You will have to bare with me though, as I will probably not get round to this until my project is finished and I have a couple of trips to Spain after that, so need to work it into my schedule...

Just wanted you all to know that it is being looked into....

James.uk
31st August 2012, 23:28
Where exactly is the Caldecotte you mention? I can only find one in Cambridge (Caldecote) and one near Milton keynes.. :o
Neither qualify as being in the South though.. :shrug:

Cental Southern = Hants?

Steve916
1st September 2012, 07:24
This is the place James:}
http://www.fayre-square.com/pub/caldecotte-arms-caldecotte-milton-keynes/p1299/

ukmastiff
1st September 2012, 07:32
Baring in mind we are now in September and its yet to be looked at , arent we talking next summer anyway ? . A camp over Autumn or Winter is never a great idea in the U.K :)

Mas

beejay
1st September 2012, 07:32
I'm up for it but would be hotel, not into camping gave that up 20 yrs ago.

Barry

Petetourer
1st September 2012, 08:36
Where exactly is the Caldecotte you mention? I can only find one in Cambridge (Caldecote) and one near Milton keynes.. :o
Neither qualify as being in the South though.. :shrug:

Cental Southern = Hants?

It's the Milton Keynes one James.... It's in Bucks and Bucks is in our region.... It even tells you under the south central heading!! :p: :D

Petetourer
1st September 2012, 08:41
Hi All...

It has been suggested by a couple of members that we could try a weekend "nano" type meet that would involve a camp out and weekend of food drink and fixing cars :)

I have said I will look into something with an aim to maybe do something next year once the winter is out of the way ;)

Baring in mind we are now in September and its yet to be looked at , arent we talking next summer anyway ? . A camp over Autumn or Winter is never a great idea in the U.K :)

Mas

Alright Mas.....

Yes mate, as per Post 1 it would be next year... ;) :D

Just did not want anyone thinking I had forgot mate....

ukmastiff
1st September 2012, 08:50
Was just checking , i thought that would be what you meant but no one said
( or i missed it as usual)
Something nice and sociable to look foreward too then :D

windrush
1st September 2012, 08:50
Still interested Pete but would be a hotel for Lilian and i as we have now sold our caravan

afbainbridge
2nd September 2012, 17:14
A late joiner to this thread, but I'd be interested in coming to Caldecott (is that near Abingdon, Oxfordshire?) I'm in Wilshire, but haven't yet heard if there's a regional meet closer to my position in south-central Wilts.

windrush
2nd September 2012, 19:14
A late joiner to this thread, but I'd be interested in coming to Caldecott (is that near Abingdon, Oxfordshire?) I'm in Wilshire, but haven't yet heard if there's a regional meet closer to my position in south-central Wilts.

No wrong one Anthony this one is near Milton Keens