PDA

View Full Version : Leather Upholstery

iharrison
30th November 2007, 13:38
High All,
what can you advise for looking after the leather upholstery in my Beautiful 2.0 Connn'
Thank you .
Ivan

keith52
30th November 2007, 13:51
Neatsfoot oil is a cheap option , the horse fratenity use it on their horse tackle. Gliptone is another , leaves a lovely smell

Tom Collins
30th November 2007, 14:05
I bought some from halfords. They had several types on the shelf. I use it every couple of months or so, Usually when the beige leather starts to look dirty. If they were black, I probably wouldn't do tham as often though.

BTW, it would take a braver man than me to rub anything into a horses tackle. :lol:

wicksy_64
30th November 2007, 14:15
Neatsfoot oil is a waterproofer, so not the best for leather that has to breathe. Lots of products to recommend, but I have had good results with a well known swedish hand cream. If it's good enough for hands and highly rated stands to reason it will work on leather.
P.S apply in cool conditions and leave to soak overnight before buffing up.

pmessling
30th November 2007, 15:14
i just use a leather cleaner and conditioner from halfords think its a carplan make can't remember of the top of my head, leaves a nice smell, makes the leather a little slippy for a few days tho.

trebor
30th November 2007, 15:28
I use Auto Glym leather cream bought off e bay - only about £6 a bottle and will last a while. Used it twice so far and i like it, goes on well you rub the cream in the seats and then buff up

Graham1961
1st December 2007, 20:44
I have leather seats in mine and can recommend Mer leather care cream and Simoniz leather cleaner/conditioner you won't go far wrong there.

nairda
2nd December 2007, 12:18
I use the Gliptone cleaner and conditioner. Great smell once applied. Fairly reasonably priced on fleabay too...

Monster
2nd December 2007, 12:44
Gliptone is my favourite. Go to the website and get their phone number and deal direct. They sell 5 litre plastic containers of both cleaner and conditioner and they're way cheaper than the small bottles.

Dave***t
2nd December 2007, 21:59
I used to be in contact with a guy who worked with leather for a living (and did some great work on custom seat re-trims etc in his spare time), and he always recommended Gliptone liquid leather. I tried it on his advice and can't fault it. The cleaner can take some work but the results can be great, and the conditioner as others have said smells great too.

Ross R75
6th December 2007, 01:15
Gliptone's liquid leather is head and shoulders above anything else I've tried. Outstanding product. Rolls Royce use it in the factory apparently.

Pete
8th December 2007, 16:31
I still have a Rolls-Royce OE set of cleaner and feed. It might be Gliptone, not sure, but it is superb stuff. The steering wheel on The Beloved gobbles it up.

Kandyman
8th December 2007, 18:33
Hi iharrison and welcome to the forums and the owners club,

I use Gliptone for my car very good and smells great

have a look on this site www.liquidleather.com