PDA

View Full Version : Radio code

Nomis
2nd December 2006, 13:23
I have been messing about while installing my sat nav and blew a fuse so the radio, a CR 80 is asking for the code.

The problem I have is the card which the code comes on is not present and was not there when I got the car a few weeks ago. No instructions for it either.

Can anyone with the same one tell me how to input code for when I get it?

Will ex rover dealers be able to tell me the code and if so what sort of fee will it be?

Simon.

Kandyman
2nd December 2006, 15:17
Hi,

you should be able to get the code from ex dealers or you could always try the eBay route.

Nomis
2nd December 2006, 15:19
Hi,

you should be able to get the code from ex dealers or you could always try the eBay route.

I will call my local dealer on monday as closed at 12 noon. I did not have the code to my last car a pug 406 and my local dealer gave me it free of charge so lets see if these are the same!

Nomis
3rd December 2006, 09:36
All sorted now. Unplugged all cables to see if the code was stuck under it. It was not there but upon re connecting and turning on the code displayed for a split second it changed to rover and works fine.

Top security hey!

andyjshaw
3rd December 2006, 13:26
I needed the code for my radio the other day. I contacted an ex Rover dealer who is still one of their service agents and they were able to give me the correct code from their system at no charge, all you need to supply them with is the chassis number and original registration index.

Instructions for entering code...

Press button 1
(a '0' should appear as the 1st digit)
use the tuning arrow to scroll through the numbers from 0-9
once the correct number is in place press '1' again to move to the second digit.
Repeat until code is correct then press '1' a final time and the radio should work.

JP53
3rd December 2006, 17:58
All sorted now. Unplugged all cables to see if the code was stuck under it. It was not there but upon re connecting and turning on the code displayed for a split second it changed to rover and works fine.

Top security hey!

Thats good to hear although it was not quite what I had in mind when I suggested looking on the unit :)

Nomis
3rd December 2006, 18:18
Thats good to hear although it was not quite what I had in mind when I suggested looking on the unit :)

When I say stuck under it, I did not mean under the cables. I could not see under the plastic housing thing as there was a few stickers under there so removed cables to get it out easier.

But it is working fine now so I am happy!

JP53
3rd December 2006, 18:22
When I say stuck under it, I did not mean under the cables. I could not see under the plastic housing thing as there was a few stickers under there so removed cables to get it out easier.

But it is working fine now so I am happy!

So all in all you've had a good weekend :D

Nomis
3rd December 2006, 18:24
So all in all you've had a good weekend :D

Yeah not bad. I was gonna do the coolant change and I still need the wheels aligning but the weather was a bit grotty today so it will have to wait.