PDA

View Full Version : Bulb Failure but no bulb failure

lildevil
2nd December 2006, 14:58
Hi

As title really. The car says Bulb failure of the following lights:
Right Rear or Front Indicator (this is correct, its the drivers one)
Right Brake Light Fail (this is correct)
Bulb Fail Rear Right Side (this is incorrect)

Has anybody got any answers to way the car is telling me that the Rear Bulb has gone when it hasn't? Both number plate lights are working. Could it be a electrical fault e.g. water on the ECU..which I still need to check?

Regards
Tom

Kandyman
2nd December 2006, 15:14
Hello,

I belive there is a problem with the rear number plater bulb holder, it needs some TLC

The metal clamps that the bulbs clip in to need to be ighten them up towards.

lildevil
2nd December 2006, 15:25
Hello,

I belive there is a problem with the rear number plater bulb holder, it needs some TLC

The metal clamps that the bulbs clip in to need to be ighten them up towards.

Kandyman sorry but I didn't understand that. Something to do with the Number Plate bulb holder??

Regards
Tom

JohnFol
2nd December 2006, 16:39
yes. I get the same. Rear bulb is reported as blow, but actually it's a number plate bulb ..

David3807
2nd December 2006, 16:53
I assume that you have replaced the bulbs that were faulty ??

Have you driven the car since they were replaced since I find it can take a minute or two after replacement for the fault indicators to go out.

crofts
3rd December 2006, 01:52
Kandyman sorry but I didn't understand that. Something to do with the Number Plate bulb holder??

Regards
Tom

Think he's one over the 8 ! ! :oops:
I think he means remove festoon bulb and bend the bulb holder strips towards each other to increase the clamping effect on the two bulb end caps to get a better contact.

Alex30013k
3rd December 2006, 08:53
I know i had a brake light and both rear light fail at the same time???
And it just messed the whole message centre up for some reason, i could not sort it, in the end i just went to hallfords and brought new bulbs all round, and its been fine since
:unlucky: