PDA

View Full Version : Warning Do Not Buy From This Ebayer

rockinpaul25
4th December 2007, 13:06
:( I have wanted a burr walnut handbrake for some time for my 75 so when i found one on Ebay i was delighted £17 including p+p i contacted the seller & got a response in 2 hours i thought the price was reasonable ,when it arrived i noticed a faint line down the top middle which i assumed that it was a tool mark from the manufacturing process the original came off very easily the new part was a lot tighter to push on it finally went on & split down the middle top:( 7 emails to the ebayer i had no response so i turned to paypal resolution centre 3 emails no response i escalated the claim with paypal so they could decide to maybe reimburse me. Received their decision Paypal can not reimburse for faulty goods:SHOCKED: So i waisted £17 . It seems strange to me that on the original enquiry the seller replied in 2 hours yet when their is a problem no reply in 25 days. Beware of this seller on Ebay Wood Trim ussername ek1965 :mood:

SMC Trading
4th December 2007, 13:12
I hope you gave him negative feedback, that is terrible customer service.
Paypal are not much better either!

Kandyman
4th December 2007, 13:19
Shame when this happens,

His feedback is good and i see a few buyer names on there that i know, i wonder why sellers do silly things some times.

Tom Collins
4th December 2007, 13:59
This is the same seller that everybody here seemed to be buying one from the other day. Most people seemed happy with theirs.

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=11976

JohnDotCom
4th December 2007, 14:13
Most strange i have always had good service from them.
Cannot also understand why the PayPal £500 Guarantee is not paying you back? :shrug:

ragitty
4th December 2007, 14:23
That is the company I purchased mine from, excellent service and quality item.

Blincodave
4th December 2007, 14:42
Shame when this happens,

His feedback is good and i see a few buyer names on there that i know, i wonder why sellers do silly things some times.

I purchased one from him and there is a thread on this in the 'Items for Sale' section. I would say his feedback record is pretty iffy if you take a closer look. Mine arrived quickly and, although very tight to get on, was worth purchasing. The seller is very reluctant to post feedback himself - none for weeks and does not respond to requests to do so.

Dave

Zeb
4th December 2007, 15:13
I suspect that the seller, if he were to reply to your email, and Paypal would tell you that since you broke it whilst fitting it he has no liability. However, he isn't terribly good at responding to emails at times I must say!

The seller is very reluctant to post feedback himself - none for weeks and does not respond to requests to do so.

Dave

That is a really good way to get yourself a neg!

rollsey1
4th December 2007, 15:36
I purchased one off him and my feedback was "Slow in coming but fine once here - thank you." so no issues from me.

However, here's a negative from another ebayer "All my attempts at returning the item have been ignored. Money spent written off".

He has had 4 in the last 6 months where if there is a problem he isn't communicating so I would avoid or take your chance!

Jontie
4th December 2007, 15:36
I find it most annoying when sellers withhold feedback until you post yours!!

If you've purchased something and paid for it promptly then how can they not give you positive feedback? It isn't supposed to work on a quid pro quo basis, but a lot of them do and it completely undermines the system in my opinion. I think its something that e-bay should pay more attention to, rather than just countinmg the profits!!

(I feel a lot better now I've got that off my chest)

Regards to all!!

JohnDotCom
4th December 2007, 15:44
Most automated systems used by sellers,
is of course sent Automatically once yours is received, as that is when they know you are happy with product.
Some people with thousands of sales could not possibly answer each one individually.

Zeb
4th December 2007, 15:48
I find it most annoying when sellers withhold feedback until you post yours!!

If you've purchased something and paid for it promptly then how can they not give you positive feedback? It isn't supposed to work on a quid pro quo basis, but a lot of them do and it completely undermines the system in my opinion. I think its something that e-bay should pay more attention to, rather than just countinmg the profits!!

(I feel a lot better now I've got that off my chest)

Regards to all!!

So, you sell something, leave a positive cos they paid quickly and then they decide it's the wrong colour or whatever and make your life a misery demanding a refund for their mistake.....still want to get on and leave them a positive so early?

tourerfogey
4th December 2007, 16:35
Whilst I sympathise with your plight, I am not sure that this is the place to slag off an eBayer. There are always two sides to a story and I think that the eBay feedback system, flawed though it is, is the yardstick by which to assess a seller.

Aga
4th December 2007, 17:32
Don't forget - even if the PayPal insurance is invoked, they charge a £15 admin fee. This means that your £17 claim will be almost totally wiped out anyway!

Willienelson
4th December 2007, 20:28
I may be wrong but if you used Paypal then a credit card was involved, doesn't the credit card company have insurance for this type of thing.
Just a thought.

rockinpaul25
4th December 2007, 22:18
Whilst I sympathise with your plight, I am not sure that this is the place to slag off an eBayer. There are always two sides to a story and I think that the eBay feedback system, flawed though it is, is the yardstick by which to assess a seller.

I didn't realise that i was slagging anyone off i just relayed to the group the actual facts & if a member decided to purchase any items in the future off this seller he would at least know that communication may be a problem. Regarding feedback you are correct it is flawed if i leave negative feedback it will only be returned to me. So my feedback is affected due to me purchasing a poor quality item on top of being £17 out of pocket, so i will not leave any feedback maybe i should have returned it before fitting as soon as i noticed the line down the handbrake:) but for me to do that i need the seller to communicate his address ??? Every supplier has the odd bad part the reputable ones try to resolve the problem amicably by communication 25 days without a responce he just isnt interested in even discussing the problem. He has the money & its just tough on the buyer 'me'

JohnDotCom
4th December 2007, 22:46
You can get any Members name, Address and Phone number From EBay.
A lot of people don't realise that when Problems arise.

Then just send the Boys Round. :D:D

SMC Trading
4th December 2007, 22:56
You can get any Members name, Address and Phone number From EBay.
A lot of people don't realise that when Problems arise.

Then just send the Boys Round. :D:D

Only if they play by the rules, 4 nights ago a zero rated bidder bought the 2 most expensive parts in my shop at £250.00 each even though there was a make offer button on both listings they bought at full price, these were bought within 10 seconds of each other and were for different vehicles, clearly a case of mallicious bidding, I straight away blocked him from anymore bids while I investigated, turns out he had registered a moody address postcode and telephone number.

Why do they do it?

This was just after my post in another thread about negative feedback, my thoughts were he read that post and was intending to leave me bad feedback - well if your reading this Mr John3Williams3 I was one step ahead, I blocked you from leaving feedback and I got you banned from eBay!

JohnDotCom
5th December 2007, 01:22
Good on you!

Zeb
5th December 2007, 04:55
Oh dear.....this is gonna run and run ......:(

GreyGhost
5th December 2007, 10:24
The initial point has been made and I think we can all agree that purchasing from Ebay is always a gamble. Fortunately in most cases the gamble pays off as most people are honourable in the way they carry on their business, there will always be those that aren't.

This thread has now run it's course and is closed.