PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming meets

Tim_Burgess
4th October 2012, 12:42
Anyone know what meets are in the pipeline?

It all seems to have gone quiet.....

Alan_G
4th October 2012, 13:45
My thoughts exactly Tim! We need a wee meet since i missed the record breaking queensferry meet due to work. :(

FLYER
5th October 2012, 22:56
whats happened with our loch lomond meet ???:shrug:

Our regional secretary has went a bit quiet .

Mr DEREK where are you :D:bowdown:

rotrex
5th October 2012, 23:43
whats happened with our loch lomond meet ???:shrug:

Our regional secretary has went a bit quiet .

Mr DEREK where are you :D:bowdown:
good point my man ;) oh Derek where are you, OY Derek:D

derekosb
13th October 2012, 16:07
Sorry guys, been a bit busy and not been on the forum for some time.

Derek

derekosb
13th October 2012, 16:16
If members want to have a meet at Loch Lomond this year it would be

Sunday 17th November.

How does that appeal to everyone?

Or should we look for something different this year?

Derek

Tim_Burgess
14th October 2012, 09:47
Maybe an alternative venue would be a good idea. Last year it was all a bit crazy with the car parking and crowds.

Might be a bit late for contacting other places now though. Anyone else got any thoughts?

Thomas
14th October 2012, 19:28
Maybe an alternative venue would be a good idea. Last year it was all a bit crazy with the car parking and crowds.

Might be a bit late for contacting other places now though. Anyone else got any thoughts?

Falkirk wheel :getmecoat: well its good if you like getting blown down a hill into the canal! :getmecoat::getmecoat::getmecoat:

Meths
14th October 2012, 21:46
I could walk to the loch lomond meet :youmug:

Thomas
14th October 2012, 21:48

Balloch?.........

Tim_Burgess
14th October 2012, 22:08

Me too (well, almost). :D

Simondi
14th October 2012, 22:31
How about the Kittochside museum in East Kilbride? Or failing that the Riverside Museum inGlasgow, a nice big car park and something for partners and kids to look at and take shelter

Alan_G
15th October 2012, 09:54
I like the idea of the riverside museum.

Thomas
15th October 2012, 19:42
got to admit the riverside is a cracking idea

Scotscim
15th October 2012, 20:52
Hi Guys
Have you been to the riverside museum ?
parking can be very difficult as its quite busy at week ends, and in my humble opinion is not worth going to the museum anyway , as if its cars you want to see you will be very disapointed in the way they are displayed.

If you do decide to go then I have heard that some car clubs have been allowed to park right in front of the entrance "like a display"

Another option if its Glasgow you want
is the Kelvingrove art gallery and museum or the peoples palace. or the burrell collecion.
Good parking at all these palces.
Or how about meeting in Doune and doing a run over to callender and and round to Aberfoyle .

Plenty parking and places for lunch etc

Cheers
Greig

p5tgc
17th October 2012, 10:28
New venue for 2013.

http://i1121.photobucket.com/albums/l501/p5tgc/The%20Public%20Gallery/poster13b.jpg

The 2013 SARR will be based at Lauriston Castle, on the north western side of Edinburgh.

Road tour & evening dinner on Saturday, static show & concours on Sunday.
Details will be sent out in early 2013 to those who attended previous SARRs at Falkirk & East Kilbride, and will be on rally web site in due course.

Thomas
17th October 2012, 16:58
New venue for 2013.
The 2013 SARR will be based at Lauriston Castle, on the north western side of Edinburgh.
Details will be sent out in early 2013 to those who attended previous SARRs at Falkirk & East Kilbride, and will be on rally web site.

sounds good, one to look forward to!

Tim_Burgess
17th October 2012, 17:48
New venue for 2013.
Details will be sent out in early 2013 to those who attended previous SARRs at Falkirk & East Kilbride, and will be on rally web site.

Yay! Road trip:D

Alan_G
18th October 2012, 00:58
New venue for 2013.

Excellent choice, i look forward to it! :D

rotrex
22nd October 2012, 17:34
A change is as good as a rest as they say.

lady zed
23rd October 2012, 20:26
I fancy this http://www.newlanark.org/index2.shtml but it's pricey and I don't know what the parking's like. Riverside is a nightmare for parking, of venues previously mentioned the Burrell Collection is a good one and should be easy enough to park. Plus it's free and you also have Pollok House. If we made it towards the end of Nov beginning Dec the kids could visit Mrs Claus :}

Simondi
23rd October 2012, 21:04
I fancy this http://www.newlanark.org/index2.shtml but it's pricey and I don't know what the parking's like. Riverside is a nightmare for parking, of venues previously mentioned the Burrell Collection is a good one and should be easy enough to park. Plus it's free and you also have Pollok House. If we made it towards the end of Nov beginning Dec the kids could visit Mrs Claus :}

I've never been to Pollok house but new Lanark is amazing

Tim_Burgess
23rd October 2012, 22:17

SWMBO thought Pollok House might be good. I wonder if a designated parking area might be available????