PDA

View Full Version : Calling our regional secretary

FLYER
8th October 2012, 21:12
DEREK OSBORNE , wherefor art thou o regional one :shrug:.

Our usual LOCH LOMOND meet aint far off delboy so whats happening mate .

Your public need you :p:

mark d3
8th October 2012, 21:44
george maybe better posting in the regional area section?

FLYER
8th October 2012, 21:51
george maybe better posting in the regional area section?Maybe a friendly mod could move it :confused:

Dorset Bob
8th October 2012, 22:18
george maybe better posting in the regional area section?

But no, the calling must be National.
George's eyeballs clearly show a London underground map. He must be art the Central line.

Dragrad
8th October 2012, 22:24
Thread moved to appropriate forum. Re-direct left in old.;):D

derekosb
13th October 2012, 16:08
Sorry George (and everyone else).

Been a little busy of late and really not been looking in on the forum at all.

Is there any interest in Loch Lomond this year?

Derek

pab
13th October 2012, 16:38
Trust everything is fine Derek,long time no see.These Loch Lomond meets come round awful quick. :)

RPWC
13th October 2012, 17:25
Lovely up there,was in the vicinity on Monday,taking a coach load of Dutch Marines to Garelochhead. Apologies for the hijack:bowdown:

Simondi
14th October 2012, 05:36
Certainly interested although as usual I would get there after everyone else had gone:getmecoat:

buzzardjohn
24th October 2012, 20:56
could you please tell me when the loch lomond meet is thanks

FLYER
24th October 2012, 21:05
could you please tell me when the loch lomond meet is thanksIt would seem the meet wont take place due to lack of interest :shrug:.

However as myself and Mrs FLYER enjoy the fireworks and xmas shopping we will be there on the day .

I dont know whats happened to what was a lively scottish meet scene but lately it has withered on the vine .

We have a monthly meet at the HAWES INN south queensferry on the last friday of every month , in fact we have a meet this friday and you and your other half [should you want her to attend ;) are very welcome ]:D

buzzardjohn
24th October 2012, 21:13
:.

. hi thanks for that do you stay over night and what is it about you do

FLYER
24th October 2012, 21:21
:.

. hi thanks for that do you stay over night and what is it about you doFirstly wecome to the forum mate .
We meet up at the HAWES for a natter and a nosh , we park in front of the INN facing the RIVER FORTH [folk arrive from 6 onwards] , our table is booked for 7.30 , if it,s raining we meet at the bar pre nosh :D.
been meeting monthly for near 2 years now , a good bunch allround , no cliques just a good natter and laugh , hope to see you there .

Better in summer but frankly the view of the 2 bridges is good anytime .:D

Alan_G
24th October 2012, 21:27
Disappointing but i feel it wasnt adequately advertised as being a meet and no dates or individual thread was given, I work shifts and can work any day of the week so I need clear dates to know what i can or can't attend (Or at least what i can ask for a holiday for).

Unfortunately Friday nights for me are once every 3 weeks but so far none have fallen on my available times, so once again I will not make the queensferry meet. HMMPH :(

Departed 32016
24th October 2012, 21:30
Firstly wecome to the forum mate .
We meet up at the HAWES for a natter and a nosh , we park in front of the INN facing the RIVER FORTH [folk arrive from 6 onwards] , our table is booked for 7.30 , if it,s raining we meet at the bar pre nosh :D.
been meeting monthly for near 2 years now , a good bunch allround , no cliques just a good natter and laugh , hope to see you there .

Better in summer but frankly the view of the 2 bridges is good anytime .:D

Think you should put yourself forward as new regional sec mate... if Derek decides its not for him

FLYER
24th October 2012, 21:50
Think you should put yourself forward as new regional sec mate... if Derek decides its not for himDerek has done a wonderful job over the years and has arranged by my counting over 20 meets but the trail has went cold this year for whatever reason :shrug:.

My faith in him is unswerving and hopefully he will be on the ball next year .
I dont know his circumstances and maybe he has had other stuff to deal with .

The HAWES INN monthly meet organizes itself really so GRAHAM 1961 books the table for however many indicate they want to go .

IMHO events on the forum has caused a fall off of interest in meets in general but here is hoping interest can be rekindled .:D

FLYER
24th October 2012, 21:56
Disappointing but i feel it wasnt adequately advertised as being a meet and no dates or individual thread was given, I work shifts and can work any day of the week so I need clear dates to know what i can or can't attend (Or at least what i can ask for a holiday for).

Unfortunately Friday nights for me are once every 3 weeks but so far none have fallen on my available times, so once again I will not make the queensferry meet. HMMPH :(Again i dont know what DEREK's situation is but yes i agree the meet did'nt seem to take off as early as it has in previous years .

The 3 LOCH LOMOND meets i have attended were" WELL" attended so the lack of early interest this year baffles me .:shrug:

lady zed
25th October 2012, 17:12
IMHO events on the forum has caused a fall off of interest in meets in general but here is hoping interest can be rekindled .:D

Yup. :( :(

Yella Fella
26th October 2012, 11:43
Disappointing but i feel it wasnt adequately advertised as being a meet and no dates or individual thread was given, I work shifts and can work any day of the week so I need clear dates to know what i can or can't attend (Or at least what i can ask for a holiday for). :(

I agree. The way some meets are posted is confusing, especially to new members.

As far as I can see, in Oct the thread started on 5th Oct and it wasnt until 21st Oct that a date of the 26th was given. This is only 4 days before the meet :shrug: Why no clear dates decided much earlier then posted with plenty of notice with links to the location etc. Then copy and paste this info for the next meet and so on. So easy to do.

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=125894

Just an observation, not a dig or moan.

FLYER
26th October 2012, 12:27
I agree. The way some meets are posted is confusing, especially to new members.

As far as I can see, in Oct the thread started on 5th Oct and it wasnt until 21st Oct that a date of the 26th was given. This is only 4 days before the meet :shrug: Why no clear dates decided much earlier then posted with plenty of notice with links to the location etc. Then copy and paste this info for the next meet and so on. So easy to do.

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=125894

Just an observation, not a dig or moan.

it's common knowledge that the hawes meet is and always has been the last friday of the month .
18 members managed to attend the sept meet by reading the many posts in this section , to be honest with you it can range from 4 members to 18 .

The meet is EVERY month and ALWAYS the last friday so how hard can it be .

Not having a dig just stating the facts .:D

Yella Fella
26th October 2012, 12:38
it's common knowledge that the hawes meet is and always has been the last friday of the month .
18 members managed to attend the sept meet by reading the many posts in this section , to be honest with you it can range from 4 members to 18 .

The meet is EVERY month and ALWAYS the last friday so how hard can it be .

Not having a dig just stating the facts .:D

Okay then.

FLYER
26th October 2012, 12:46
Okay then.

look forward to seeing you at one again glenn :D

Tim_Burgess
2nd November 2012, 22:03
Derek has done a wonderful job over the years and has arranged by my counting over 20 meets but the trail has went cold this year for whatever reason :shrug:.

My faith in him is unswerving and hopefully he will be on the ball next year .
I dont know his circumstances and maybe he has had other stuff to deal with .

The HAWES INN monthly meet organizes itself really so GRAHAM 1961 books the table for however many indicate they want to go .

Agreed George, Derek has done a superb job over the years. It's a shame that things seem to have tailed off so drastically. And yes, I think you're right, the recent happenings on the forum haven't helped. Hopefully things will improve next year. Perhaps it's time to try some new events.

Maybe there's a case for an "early Christmas" meet at the beginning of December to get some ideas bounced around.

Terrorfex
3rd November 2012, 19:53
Do we have enough technical knowledge up North to have our own version of the massively successful "Nano" meets? Even if it's not quite as involved as the Wolverhampton original, it could be quite an interesting day.

Graham1961
3rd November 2012, 22:32
Do we have enough technical knowledge up North to have our own version of the massively successful "Nano" meets? Even if it's not quite as involved as the Wolverhampton original, it could be quite an interesting day.

Yes i actually agree with you there, i think that would be a good idea.:)

Tim_Burgess
3rd November 2012, 23:07
IIRC. This is something that Derek was looking in to. I think the challenge was finding somewhere suitable in a convenient location.

Scotscim
4th November 2012, 12:26
Hi
Nano meet ???
Thinking out loud here ,not sure what you guys mean as a nano meet, but if your looking for some where for a few guys to come along to talk tech stuff or have someone bring along a portable diagnostics reader "T4" dont even know if this is portable.
I might have a place near linlithgow thats not being used just now except by me and the local mechanic for homers, that could be of interest
with a fully equiped workshop including a four post and two post ramp.
If someone wants to Pm me to discuss the format we may be able to arrange something.
Plenty of safe parking
this is only available untill June 13
Greig

Astraeus
11th November 2012, 18:17
Hi
Nano meet ???
Thinking out loud here ,not sure what you guys mean as a nano meet, but if your looking for some where for a few guys to come along to talk tech stuff or have someone bring along a portable diagnostics reader "T4" dont even know if this is portable.
I might have a place near linlithgow thats not being used just now except by me and the local mechanic for homers, that could be of interest
with a fully equiped workshop including a four post and two post ramp.
If someone wants to Pm me to discuss the format we may be able to arrange something.
Plenty of safe parking
this is only available untill June 13
Greig

hi

would be a great idea if a T4 was present. Person could make a few quid for bringing it. I would certainly like my car go through a T4 session. A few things I would like changed in the set up and a few fault codes I would like checking. It seems impossible to read fault codes in mine with an OBD reader. Also would like lazy locking and the LPG box setting.
Sure there is one in Aberdeen. (poor memory-there is one but name escapes me...been a long weekend and full of 'man flu!'

Chris

Simondi
11th November 2012, 21:04
I had a chat with Derek a week or so back.
He mentioned then that he was looking at a couple of locations for a possible nano type meeting.

FLYER
11th November 2012, 21:14
hi

would be a great idea if a T4 was present. Person could make a few quid for bringing it. I would certainly like my car go through a T4 session. A few things I would like changed in the set up and a few fault codes I would like checking. It seems impossible to read fault codes in mine with an OBD reader. Also would like lazy locking and the LPG box setting.
Sure there is one in Aberdeen. (poor memory-there is one but name escapes me...been a long weekend and full of 'man flu!'

ChrisThat would be LOVEL (gary}.

Very nice fella who attended the ST ANDREWS meet with his portable T4 .

Like you i have a few things i would like enabled but to make it worth his while we would need names names names .

:shrug:

Astraeus
11th November 2012, 23:15
That would be LOVEL (gary}.

Very nice fella who attended the ST ANDREWS meet with his portable T4 .

Like you i have a few things i would like enabled but to make it worth his while we would need names names names .

:shrug:

Hi

count me in!

Chris

keithybhoy
24th November 2012, 09:26
I too would be up for a tech/nano meet if im not away with work lol :):)

Tim_Burgess
24th November 2012, 13:26
I too would be up for a tech/nano meet if im not away with work lol :):)

I'd be interested. Mind you, any meet would be good ATM. Starting to get withdrawal symptoms.:)

Graham1961
25th November 2012, 11:32
I would be interested in a nano /T4 meet, so count me in.

Alan_G
25th November 2012, 12:06
its a yes from me ;)

AldoR
2nd December 2012, 14:00
And me am in:D

Gurgle260
3rd December 2012, 13:29
I'd be interested too

Robert