PDA

View Full Version : Tyres look a bit flat at correct PSI

Dorset Bob
9th October 2012, 13:56
I have my tyres set at the correct pressure, as per the handbook, at 30 psi front and 28 on the rears, but they look a bit flat to me.

Has anyone else noticed this on their cars?

greendriver
9th October 2012, 14:02
I often notice the same with mine...wonder if it's more apparent with some tyre makes than others.

MangoMan
9th October 2012, 14:18
Not sure what size tyres you have, but my 16's always look quite bulbous giving the impression that they are under-inflated even though I actually put 2.4 (35psi)(F) & 2.3 (33psi)(R) - that's bar.... I like my tyres firm. This isn't exactly 'cold' pressures as the garage is 3 miles away!

Tyres: http://www.conti-online.com/generator/www/de/en/continental/automobile/themes/car-tires/summer-tires/contipremiumcontact-2/contipremiumcontact-2.html

windrush
9th October 2012, 14:34
Mines are exactly the same all the PSI is correct

Adam A
9th October 2012, 14:43
I have my tyres set at the correct pressure, as per the handbook, at 30 psi front and 28 on the rears, but they look a bit flat to me.

Has anyone else noticed this on their cars?

Had same problem b4 on some "no name tyres" .... after swap for Michelin tyres it's opposite - no matter how low pressure is they look OK (checked some time ago and with 16PSI they still look OK).

James.uk
9th October 2012, 15:29
I run on 35 psi all round summer.. 30 psi winter.. :)

Parker
9th October 2012, 15:45
Mine are the same even had commented, that tyre is flat, but the pressures are spot on. I just tell people it's a heavy car :)

ProfDave
9th October 2012, 16:26
34 psi on front and 32 on rear of the tourer just a bit over what is stated to get a bit more mpg. They still end up looking a bit soggy!

Astra
9th October 2012, 18:26
I have the same problem not just on the Rover but also our Motorhome, invested in a couple of sets of valve caps that flash if the pressure drops, much easier than going round with a gauge.
They work, picked up a nail in France in the M'home next morning cap was flashing and pressure had dropped 10psi (from 70) so I would never tell by looking.

Dorset Bob
10th October 2012, 13:17
Thanks Guys, at least it is not just me thinking that they look flat!
I have only really noticed it since I have had the brand new Conti. Premium Contact 5s fitted. I must be looking at them all the time :D:D

bongi69
10th October 2012, 17:54
Yup same here. 34 psi all round and they are a bit bulbous at the bottom.