PDA

View Full Version : Rover 75 maintenance

Andyb123
3rd December 2006, 13:17
Hi all,

Have been a proud owner of a Rover 75 Conn Se with HiLine system and have had a trouble free 10 months driving. I have had the car serviced twice in the time I've had the car. Serviced by Windsors of Wallasey, still a Rover franchise, however the service costs are not cheap.

Questions:

Does any one in the Wrexham / North Wales area know of a good garage to go to for Rover service.

Has any one used the XPart Auto service centre, Clerks of Wrexham in Llay. Are they any good?.

Thanks to all who reply.

Andy

actros
3rd December 2006, 13:29
Hi all,

Have been a proud owner of a Rover 75 Conn Se with HiLine system and have had a trouble free 10 months driving. I have had the car serviced twice in the time I've had the car. Serviced by Windsors of Wallasey, still a Rover franchise, however the service costs are not cheap.

Questions:

Does any one in the Wrexham / North Wales area know of a good garage to go to for Rover service.

Has any one used the XPart Auto service centre, Clerks of Wrexham in Llay. Are they any good?.

Thanks to all who reply.

AndyHi Andy you should try LATES at COVENTRY i know its a drive but what you save its worth it. A lot of members in the club use them they go from all over the place.:driving:

Andyb123
3rd December 2006, 13:32
Thanks I'll go and take a look at these guys on line.

Cheers,

Andy

Mike
3rd December 2006, 13:40
www.lates600.com

MartinW
3rd December 2006, 13:52
Andy
I know Crane Bank garage in Chester advertises has having all the gear necessary to do Rover cars inc. T4, but...that said they are neither cheap nor would I entrust my car to them (that's a matter of personal opinion based on experience others have encountered). If you do find something in Wrexham I would like to know, too, but in the meantime I default to the MGOC workshops on the basis that the labour rates are competetive, but also because Roger Parker (Club Tech Officer) is assisting me with some tuning advice, plus they have T4 capabilities.

Fortunately with a 12-15k mile interval this is really only an annual thing at the moment, although in the past it was a 6mthly service interval for me, and I used to use James Edwards in Chester with no complaints.

andrewmsteve
4th December 2006, 16:07
Hi I have used clarks of wrexham to change a clutch all ok but i should have the slave cylinder changed as advised by them but never mind i bled the clutch a month ago still seem s ok they charged about £450 to do the clutch I had a four year service about £185 so ok I am pleased with that

andrewmsteve:lol: