PDA

View Full Version : door wiring help please

rich17865
14th October 2012, 09:10
My passenger wing mirror is playing up.

The mirror will only move left and right it will not move up and down. The motor has been tested on another car and does work.

The heating element will not come on, the glass is ok and works on the drivers side when swapped, there is 12v at the terminals to the glass, but when plugged in the voltage drops to 0.03v.

Does this sound like a bad earth? Or a broken or melted cable?

Do the door looms plug in behind the dash? Should I try unplugging and plugging back in a few times incase of dirty contacts?

All advice gratefully received.

wesley
14th October 2012, 09:16
first thing to try is take youre switchbox out and pop it open and clean the switches contacts.
theres a how-to on here somewhere but i cant find it at the moment.

Parker
14th October 2012, 09:16
Often the culprit is the switch itself the contacts get gunged up and need a good clean. Mine is the same just not got around to sorting it yet :(

Here is the how to. http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=4821

trebor
14th October 2012, 09:24
The door loom plug is not behind the dash, it sits just inside the wing, if you open your door and look for the rubbber trunking going from door to wing the plug is inside but to access it properly you will need the door off. It has been known for some of the contacts inside the plug to to go green and cause issues but that is maybe a last resort after trying other options.

As said its normally the door switch to blame for the mirror glass not moving in all directions but that shouldnt affect the working of your heated mirror

rich17865
14th October 2012, 10:40
first thing to try is take youre switchbox out and pop it open and clean the switches contacts.
theres a how-to on here somewhere but i cant find it at the moment.

The switch works fine and has been replaced the a known good one.

Looks like it is door off time. :(