PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Pressure Switch

davidjpowell
14th October 2012, 11:15
Still trying diagnosis by random exchange of parts. Not really sensible, but limited options otherwise at the moment.

My attention has turned to the Fuel Pressure Switch on the end of the Common Rail. The car drives identically whether it's unplugged or not. Leads me to suspect that it's not working.

From what I have read it can produce symptoms identical to mine, ie difficult to start, and lethargic performance.

Has anyone any idea what size socket I need to get to go over this? - I can't get near it with a standard socket or spanner so need to order a deep socket.

Any comments also welcome on my theory!

PS if anyone would like a new Oil Pressure Switch for £10 please do let me know! They do look very similar in isolation!

dattrike
14th October 2012, 11:36

Think it's a 27mm, PM me your address and I'll send you my spare to try
you will need to swap over the small steel washer from inside as mine has disappeared.

Can't reply with quote as site is playing silly beggars AGAIN!!

I presume you have unplugged the MAF?

davidjpowell
14th October 2012, 11:45

Think it's a 27mm, PM me your address and I'll send you my spare to try
you will need to swap over the small steel washer from inside as mine has disappeared.

Can't reply with quote as site is playing silly beggars AGAIN!!

I presume you have unplugged the MAF?

MAF is plugged in at the moment, but is new (Bosch), and has been tried unplugged also.

I've found this http://www.brit-car.co.uk/product.php?xProd=184872 which I think is the same part as mine...

I will drop you a PM later today - hopefully someone may be able to confirm the 27mm so that I don't have to inconvenience you before then. Many thanks for the offer it is very kind of you.

Kind regards David