PDA

View Full Version : Reversing camera on HiLine

Rocket
14th October 2012, 15:05
I have just fitted mine and it works great. I got this lead

http://www.toysinyourcar.com/acatalog/rov_av_cam.html

The lead plugs into the video module in the spare wheel well.
I will also also use the lead to install a Digital tv reciever.
This lead comes with a video in and a seperate reversing camera video in.
Also with the lead come instructions on how to connect a camera so that if you select reverse the HiLine screen will switch instantly to the the reversing camera.

At the moment I just have a cheap £10 camera fitted and I will see how it performs. The fitting of the camera was simple for me as I just attached it one side of the tow bar.

The toysinyour car lead is not cheap but if you are thinking of fitting a digital tv tuner also, the lead looks better value.

Edit: I should add this for vehicles which already have factory fitted sat. nav. and TV.

tonybel
14th October 2012, 18:03
Hi Paul,
Thanks for the link, very useful. Didnt know this could be done without selecting AV to see image, now I know better.

Another one for my to do list!

Tony

Rocket
18th October 2012, 10:29
Had this working for a few days and it works fine.

If I select reverse the Hiline screen switches to the rear view camera whatever may be on the screen at the time. The cheapo camera does suffer a bit with high contrast situations like a dull driveway with a bright sky above. I've not tried it in low light yet.

Reebs
18th October 2012, 11:33
Paul, I'd love to see where you mounted the camera. Any chance of a photo please?

Canonite
18th October 2012, 12:15
I've got one of these leads in my car when I fitted my DVBT so it's a very easy mod to do. My only concern was that I have no towbar and would mount it under the boot plinth handle, but the cameras ive seen are too bulky. I want it to look like it came out the factory that way ya know.

Rocket
18th October 2012, 16:17
Paul, I'd love to see where you mounted the camera. Any chance of a photo please?

Here is the car before I fitted it. I just put another large nut on the offside of the towbar, on top of the one already there. The camera bracket was then held between the two nuts. The cable can go through the same gromet as the reversing sensors. The feed I got from a spare socket already in the wheel well.

The only other thing is to switch pin 17 on the blue connector on the video module to earth using a relay energised by the reversing lights. (cable supplied)

The towbar is not pretty so a tiny camerea on the side does not detract to much and this is my workhorse vehicle so it does not look in showroom condition with the dog and a tractor wheel in the back.:}

I have this camera fitted. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251105152305?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 I just straightened the bracket out before fitting. It works on the reversing video in but not the AV video in. It is about the size of my thumb and black so it looks like part of the towbar.

Must get round to doing the digital tv.

http://imageshack.us/a/img824/1949/imgp5369edit.jpg