PDA

View Full Version : Running temp for ZT 1.8 T

Jakeysdad
16th October 2012, 07:31
Hi guys, does anyone know what the normal temperature of this car should be? Reason I ask is that the coolant temp on mine is between 96 and 105 deg. I think the PRT is not working as the fan goes mad and the radiator is cold. Also the pipe going from the PRT is cold, I suspect the PRT is not letting coolant pass through to the rad. Is this a correct diagnosis? Any help would be appreciated, thanks

pab
16th October 2012, 08:10
The normal temperature should be around 96C The first speed of the cooling fan should trigger at around 103C

Check the first speed of the fan is operating,with a cold engine select Auto and you should here the fan running.

Make sure there is no air in the cooling system,bleed it a couple of times to be sure.

Thread moved to the technical help forum,redirect left in the old location.

Hogwarzt
16th October 2012, 12:27
Hi guys, does anyone know what the normal temperature of this car should be? Reason I ask is that the coolant temp on mine is between 96 and 105 deg. I think the PRT is not working as the fan goes mad and the radiator is cold. Also the pipe going from the PRT is cold, I suspect the PRT is not letting coolant pass through to the rad. Is this a correct diagnosis? Any help would be appreciated, thanks

How long have you had the car? Has it awlays been getting too warm?

The engine temp on mine rises pretty rapid and can be up to heat in about 3 miles to 90C and stays there regardless.

rich

Jakeysdad
16th October 2012, 12:43
Cheers guys, I have already bled the system and its still the same. I'm in the process of buying a PRT, I will try it and see what happens!

steveo
16th October 2012, 16:44
Hi Danny

My 75 1.8t runs at 96
In traffic it goes to around 101ish before the fan cuts in and drops the temp to 94

Fitted with prt

Diesels run much cooler so you cannot compare

Regards

Steve

Jakeysdad
16th October 2012, 19:50
Thanks Stevo, mine is a 1.8 turbo as well, I'm replacing the PRT on Thursday so hopefully this will rectify the problem!

Craig parker
16th October 2012, 21:41
Where can a new PRT be bought from for a 1.8 turbo?? Rimmers have none and are on back order :shrug:

Regards

Craig

pab
17th October 2012, 06:51
Where can a new PRT be bought from for a 1.8 turbo?? Rimmers have none and are on back order :shrug:

Regards

Craig
Your local Xpart dealer can supply these..