PDA

View Full Version : Bonnet Height

pclarke82
16th October 2012, 10:36
Hi, me again. I read on here somewhere that the bonnet can sit too high? how can i adjust it as i think it looks a little high and may explain why when i went through the jet was my engine promtly overheated and steam start blowing out everywhere

ZEDboy1990
16th October 2012, 10:52
The bonnet height can be adjusted via two rubber springs that sit on either side on the top of the bumper. Simply screw these in to lower the bonnet but be prepared for a bit of trial and error.

MangoMan
16th October 2012, 11:15
Here:

http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h455/Rover-75-Club/Misc/BonnetStops_zps4ac00ee9.jpg

stocktake
16th October 2012, 11:52
Strictly speaking the bonnet height is controlled/set by the bonnet strikers through the catches, the rubber stops actually increase or decrease the compression when turned and act as fine adjustment only ;)

Edit: Bill, you really need to get out more, the car looks far too clean :D

MangoMan
16th October 2012, 14:06
That was what I thought he wanted to do as it's very unlikely that the pins are incorrect.... Unless the Bonnet has been replaced at some stage.

stocktake
16th October 2012, 14:19
That was what I thought he wanted to do as it's very unlikely that the pins are incorrect.... Unless the Bonnet has been replaced at some stage.

Very true :)

pclarke82
16th October 2012, 14:49
it sits ok, but looks like it might be a touch high, and i think water got through when the front was pressure hosed so wanted it a touch lower if poss