PDA

View Full Version : FBH exhaust touching hoses

al_dente
17th October 2012, 13:26
Hello folks

I replaced my car's O-rings at the weekend and I noticed that the FBH exhaust touched the intercooler hoses.

It just so happens that my FBH isn't working at the moment, so that's probably just as well.

Has anyone else had this problem? I'm considering wrapping a section of the FBH exchaust in heat wrap, do you think it will do a proper job?

http://i707.photobucket.com/albums/ww72/al_scott/fbhexhaust_zps6c5af256.jpg

James.uk
17th October 2012, 14:19
I just tied my big rubber pipe back to the rad bracket with a big thick wire tie.. :)

suffolk boy
17th October 2012, 14:37
appalling bit of design it could have been made with at least 10mm cut out of by the bracket where it bolts on.it would then line up with hole in the undertray.in the mean time i found by undoing the bolts it will move back at bit so it just clears the pipe.i also lagged the down pipe with a heat proof sleave

Unclefista
18th October 2012, 00:06
I bought this for less than two quid, with a jubilee clip at each end to secure it.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271070444179?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

rich17865
18th October 2012, 06:52
The exhaust is not the problem, if your turbo hose is touching the fbh exhaust it has become porous and has sagged. You need a new turbo hose. I replaced mine a while back, it was like having a new engine!!! There is loads of clearance with a new one. Another tip, if you have the sensor in the intercooler pipe the pipe is more expensive, buy the one without the sensor and cut it as it is essentially the same.

HarryM1BYT
18th October 2012, 07:55
I folded a bit of alloy flashing at a right angle, then fitted a pair of Terry clips on it to suit the flue. See my FBH how to, linked to below.

Unclefista
18th October 2012, 15:09
I would have done that Harry, but I didn't have anything suitable.
I do all my spannering at my brother's house, and couldn't be bothered going down there for such a small job, so hit eBay ;)

Billy1mate
18th October 2012, 17:27
Is it aligned correctly, (location within under tray hole?)