PDA

View Full Version : Change No Plate bulbs

GJBridge
17th October 2012, 17:17
Finished early - thought I'd fit LED bulbs and new lenses to No plate lights.

HOW do you remove old lenses to get at bulbs? I just cannot get them out. :mad::mad:

Thanks,

Thomas
17th October 2012, 17:17
should just be a couple of screws holding the lens cover on?

GJBridge
17th October 2012, 17:29
should just be a couple of screws holding the lens cover on?

The ones I bought from SMC have got screw holes - but this is what I've got!!
Hand made??

Phil-T4
17th October 2012, 17:30
Or they clip in, so a small screwdriver inserted into the cutout of the lens will prise them loose.

Phil-T4
17th October 2012, 17:34
The ones I bought from SMC have got screw holes - but this is what I've got!!
Hand made??

No, thats the Tourer version..the ones with srews are for a saloon.

GJBridge
17th October 2012, 17:40
No, thats the Tourer version..

I asked SMC if the ones I bought were OK for Tourer, and they said YES.
Are they interchangeable? Just different fitting?

Have to say, I did try and pop these ones out, but they would not budge. May just be the gunge inside them, or fitted with a bit of silicone, of course.

As I'm replacing the lenses, and if new ones are OK to fit, I might as well break them out?

Phil-T4
17th October 2012, 17:47
The part number for the saloon is XFJ100480 which is what you have, the correct part number for the tourer is XFJ000010 and as far as i know they not interchangable.

Pop the screwdriver in the right hand side of your picture there is a lip on them which makes it difficult to get them out but if they move, they will come out :D

SMC Trading
17th October 2012, 18:20
Just read your email but I thought I would reply here, it was our mistake, I thought saloon and tourer were the same - sorry :o

We do not have the tourer ones in stock so I can't swap them for you, I shall do you a full refund tomorrow, don't worry about sending them back, another member might need them one day ;)

GJBridge
17th October 2012, 18:28
Just read your email but I thought I would reply here, it was our mistake, I thought saloon and tourer were the same - sorry :o

We do not have the tourer ones in stock so I can't swap them for you, I shall do you a full refund tomorrow, don't worry about sending them back, another member might need them one day ;)

Thanks for that, I'll stick them in the 'Freebies', so they go to a good home, rather than rot in my garage!!! :bowdown:

GJBridge
17th October 2012, 18:45

Thanks for that, I'll stick them in the 'Freebies', so they go to a good home, rather than rot in my garage!!! :bowdown:

Actually,change of plan, given the good spirit shown, I'll add a pair of canbus LED festoon bulbs to the lenses, and donate the lot as a raffle prize for the National Meet in March.
Would whoever is organising the raffle (PAB?) PM me with an address to send them too.

Now, where do I get some Tourer lenses??

MangoMan
17th October 2012, 19:00
As far as I can tell you can only get to the bulbs by removing the whole Handle assembly and changing them from the inside.

The lenses are no longer available, but you can get the whole assembly though which incorporates the light/s P/N: http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-CXB102540MMM but only for the 2004 on model.