PDA

View Full Version : How do I clean the header tank

rich17865
18th October 2012, 19:28
I have managed to get a cowley black header tank from the scrappy. It came from a 1.8 that had hgf, the header tank is full of a coppery substance that I assume is k-seal.

How do I clean it out before I fit it? Is it solvent based? Can I clean it with white spirit?

Unclefista
18th October 2012, 19:41
Hot soapy water and a handful of sharp sand, then shake.
That's how I've had best results in the past :)

Falcon Flyer
18th October 2012, 19:42
I can recommend the tablet denture cleaners.....any brand.........two tablets and scalding hot water and leave overnight.......mine came up like new......works with windscreen washer bottles as well!

chris75
18th October 2012, 19:53
Dish washer tablets have also been recommended on here :}

Platemaker
18th October 2012, 19:57
I can recommend the tablet denture cleaners.....any brand.........two tablets and scalding hot water and leave overnight.......mine came up like new......works with windscreen washer bottles as well!

Why do you know that James?:shrug:

No, don't tell me as it happens.:o

rich17865
18th October 2012, 20:41
Thanks chaps, gives me a few things to try, I will let you know how the dishwasher tablet works first as I can give that a go easiest of all.

Astraeus
18th October 2012, 23:17
:DThanks chaps, gives me a few things to try, I will let you know how the dishwasher tablet works first as I can give that a go easiest of all.

Stick it in the dishwasher.....but make sure you are out when SWMBO gets home.........

Joking! :D