PDA

View Full Version : Great start to the day!

Simon.h
19th October 2012, 08:04
Hi all,
Well what a start to the day I've had, within 5 mins of leaving home my clutch turned into a 'button clutch' with only the bottom 2ins doing anything.

windrush
19th October 2012, 08:12
Try lifting the pedal back up it worked for me

Simon.h
19th October 2012, 13:15
Cheers, tryed it and it still the same!

Have now driven her for 2 hrs and still 'button clutch' and hard to get into/change gears.

rizel23
19th October 2012, 13:40

Have now driven her for 2 hrs and still 'button clutch' and hard to get into/change gears.

oh dear, does not sound good :( I rember when mine started to go, 2 years ago December, week before Christmas, what a lovely surpise that was for me!

Simon.h
19th October 2012, 13:58
oh dear, does not sound good :( I rember when mine started to go, 2 years ago December, week before Christmas, what a lovely surpise that was for me!

Was Yours the slave?

Simon.h
19th October 2012, 14:11
Look at this a slave on ebay for £1899.20! My ZTs not worth that!

rizel23
19th October 2012, 17:19
Was Yours the slave?

It was yes :( The clutch plate had become contaminated and the DMF was on the limit, so changed the lot in the end including the master

GJBridge
19th October 2012, 18:57

I had that about 3 weeks ago, squirted some Dot4 into Master, went about 600 miles, then happened again on Monday. Put about 4 times as much in again, and running fine.
As plates and slave have only done 3k, I think Master going.

Mike Noc
19th October 2012, 20:25
Can you see any fluid leaking from the master cylinder Guy? If not then it has to be going somewhere else. :getmecoat:

Mike

Simon.h
19th October 2012, 20:50
Can you see any fluid leaking from the master cylinder Guy? If not then it has to be going somewhere else. :getmecoat:

Mike

Cheers, have checked the master cylinder and no leaks, just low on fluid. I'm going to remove the under tray at the weekend and have a look at the bell housing.

Simon.h
21st October 2012, 14:47
Well just topped up master and bled it and now clutch is on the floor, with every 4/5 push down on clutch only got fluid out of nipple once.