PDA

View Full Version : Central door locking

silverback1
19th October 2012, 15:09
I can lock my R75 2002 with the remote but it will not unlock with it. Got a new key and had it programmed but still the same. Any ideas where to start looking for the fault please?

Phil-T4
19th October 2012, 16:03
Does it lock and unlock using the switch inside? If not, then its a faulty lock and needs replacing.

pab
19th October 2012, 16:07
Does it lock and unlock using the switch inside? If not, then its a faulty lock and needs replacing.I'm reading the post as if no doors will lock on the Fob,but only the Key. :shrug:

Phil-T4
19th October 2012, 16:16
I'm reading the post as if no doors will lock on the Fob,but only the Key. :shrug:

After a re-read i think your right about all the locks, although the problem is unlocking with the fob ;)

That could be a problem with the BCU then, i wonder if the OP's window switches work correctly?

(my excuse is i'm ill and have just woken up ;))

silverback1
19th October 2012, 18:36
Every door will lock with the fob. None will open with it. When you use key in lock turning it once will open drivers door as it should and on pressing the interio switch the rest will open

marinabrian
20th October 2012, 08:20
Every door will lock with the fob. None will open with it. When you use key in lock turning it once will open drivers door as it should and on pressing the interio switch the rest will open

Right, daft as this sounds after turning the key in the drivers door once to unlock, return to the central position and then turn it to the unlock position again.
Sound strange?, I'm trying to ascertain whether single point entry is enabled, along with a duff drivers door actuator.
Failing that I'd be looking at possible BCU faults.
HTH
Brian :D

silverback1
20th October 2012, 11:51
turning the key once opens the drivers door. Returning to the centre and opening for the second time opens the rest of the doors.

robmac
20th October 2012, 13:52
could it be the unlock button on the fob being faulty then?..have you looked inside it to see if anything is broken?

marinabrian
20th October 2012, 14:32
turning the key once opens the drivers door. Returning to the centre and opening for the second time opens the rest of the doors.

Ok so we've established single point entry is enabled, what happens if you press the unlock button on the fob twice, does it open all of the doors bar the drivers?

silverback1
20th October 2012, 15:31
Nothing at all happens when the fob is pressed to open. All the fob will do is lock it.

marinabrian
20th October 2012, 15:34
Well that sounds like a BCU or drivers door actuator issue then, sorry I can't be more specific :(
Why not give Gary (Lovel) a shout, he's in your neck of the woods, and has a T4, coding in a replacement BCU is fairly straightforward ;)

silverback1
20th October 2012, 19:08
Thanks for that. will do:)

kelvinhill56
25th October 2012, 22:26
Hi Everybody
Hope I can jump onto this thread as I have a problem with my central locking as well.
My better half has a 75 estate that will not lock remotely using two fobs.
It unlocks without any problem using both fobs, so presume fobs ok.
The way I lock the car is to lock myself in using the internal switch, then get out and lock drivers door with the key, bit of a pain for my wife.
Looked in my haynes book which mentions the remote reciever which I presume is ok as it opens ok.
Any advice on checks I can do on the reciever or the BCU would be greatly appreciated:confused:

kelvinhill56
31st October 2012, 19:44
Hi

Did you get a solution to your problem as I have the same only the opposite way round, no can lock.
A local garage put a diagnostic on it, cleared some fault indications and recomended disconnect battery. This got it working but then it came back very very soon after.
Looked at the Haynes book and see there is a remote reciever in the circuit, maybe that is suspect??
Also like to know exactly what this T4 is please.
Any information appreciated

stocktake
31st October 2012, 19:52
Could be something as simple as the button has broken off the pcb on the fob :shrug: