View Full Version : Norwich Meet Sat 24th November

Weso
19th October 2012, 19:45
Dear all,

We are go

Saturday 24th November 2012

Venue The Malsters, Ranworth NR13 6AB
Time - 10.30 am onwards

Pub has plentyful free parking opposite (potentially capacity for 40 cars plus) and serves food and bar snacks all day.
Location is ideal i believe with views over Ranworth Broad and the staithe which is less than 20 yards away.
Pub has hosted car clubs in the past, they know the drill, and are delighted to have us on board.
Location is nice enough that even partners or wifes etc would suffer it for a couple of hours especially if you treat them to lunch...
Likewise plenty of ducks to feed and boats to look at if cars become boring.
As, organizer i will be there prompt if not before, but all are obviously welcome regardless of time of arrival.
Given the clocks changing and likely weather this will have a bearing on proceedings but fingers crossed.
Given it's Norfolk there be no T4! and less than certain what expertise there will be on the day amongst us. Likewise a VIS tester would be useful but not sure if we would have the expertise amongst us to use it!
Therefore this is unlikely to be a Nano type meet and the time of year possibly not viable to consider that sort of mechanical work anyway.
Ideally i wanted to arrange this about 6 weeks ago but major problems with my KV6 kept me off the road.
Given xmas and demands on everybodies time it was really November or waiting till 2013.
There has been enough interest thus far to indicate we must get something underway....
From this gathering who knows what could develop next year!
Please express your interest on this thread and not the old one. I would be particularly interested if anyone has any specific skills they can bring that could be useful to others during this relatively short day.

Thanks for your anticipated interest.

Please be aware this is not an official 75 & ZT Owners Club meet and as such is not covered by the clubs public liability insurance. Also the owners club take no responsibility for the meet in any way.

Mark:}

humphshumphs
19th October 2012, 20:23
Count me in. (Me and the better half :D)

beejay
19th October 2012, 20:24
Well done Mark, will be there

Barry.

Weso
19th October 2012, 20:33
Great stuff chaps!

sikelsh
19th October 2012, 20:54
Hi Mark,

Hope I can swing by as I mentioned, well done for putting it together.

Simon

Shapfell
19th October 2012, 21:06
As long as I'm not at work or recovering from an op I'm waiting for, I'll be there!

Mr_Shed
19th October 2012, 21:14
Hi Mark,

Please add my name to the list.

As for skills, turn my hand to most things, but no T4 skills.

Regards

Tony

davidcarp
19th October 2012, 21:16
Great news. Please add my name to the list

ren
19th October 2012, 21:20
I'm like "yeah great and the location is sooo convenient" but then I remember it's my mum's (& coincidentally her twin sisters) 70th birthday bash so I'm sorry I won't be able to come. Hopefully I will be able to make future ones. Hope everyone has a great day though.

guru
19th October 2012, 22:27
Yep, put me down.....seems rude not to with it being just round the corner!

As for skills......well not many, however I can bring my ODB2 dongle and tablet loaded with Torque on to read fault codes, sensor outputs etc.
I'm also pretty handy at installing stereos should anyone need one putting in!

eigger
20th October 2012, 06:19
Brilliant news!! I will be there. Thanks for organizing this. Already in my Sat Nav.

freddie
20th October 2012, 07:30
Put me on the list.
Will do spy hole mod for any one got all the bits needed.(weather permitting)
Turn cable blockes round if your not sure what to do.

bigrob73
20th October 2012, 09:28
With all these people going, it looks like you better put my name down too!! I think I would be missing out if I dont go.....

Plezier
20th October 2012, 10:50
Hopefully I can make it.. Depends on the old uns health though whether I can get away for a day or not.

Weso
20th October 2012, 12:51
Thanks all, potentially 13 cars thus far, not been posted 24 hours yet!

Mark:}:}

Jay
20th October 2012, 17:16
Put me down as another. Should get away to go at about 12:30;)

Well Done for sorting it out Mark:)

flaggy
20th October 2012, 17:53
we can come thanks. myself and my good lady.

Weso
20th October 2012, 18:42
Good to have you onboard Flaggy, i believe the venue to be particularly partner friendly, its basically in a beutiful setting, with the distraction of the staith so nearby. Pub gets mixed reviews foodwise but i am sure good enough for our needs on the day....

Remember to bring some stale bread to feed the ducks, they are known to frequent the car park.

There is also a Broads Authority shop on the staith but not sure if open this time of year.

The nearby church is famous in the area for its cramped dark stairwell that leads to rooftop with the best views in broadland (only for the brave mind...)

Not that we will have time for all this with cars to talk about!

Regards

Mark

PEJO
29th October 2012, 20:15
I have booked for a weekend break at Blakeney so would like to join you.
No particular skills I'm afraid:confused: . Peter

Weso
30th October 2012, 09:45
Great stuff PEJO lets hope the weather improves a bit that weekend, will reinvent the thread nearer the time to see if we can interest a few more members....:}

See you on the day

regards

Shapfell
30th October 2012, 16:20
Should be able to get there avec Rover, I have had a date for my op and its far enough this side of the meeting date that I should be OK to drive...

Weso
3rd November 2012, 06:40
Good to have you on board, lookforward to meeting you and a demo of the sean doubledin unit...

Regards

Mark:)

Johnny2R
6th November 2012, 11:13
I'll try and make it there myself - not been to one of these things before. Unfortunately, I have no skills to offer, in this or any other area.:)

Weso
7th November 2012, 10:47
You are more than welcome Johnny2R, thanks your interest in this,

Hope to see you on the day,

Regards

freddie
17th November 2012, 07:31
Just in case you missed this or new on here.
just a bump only 1 week to go hope the weather is kind.

davidcarp
17th November 2012, 08:19
Even if the weather isn't good I'm sure we'll have a good time. Really looking forward to it. Been there before and at least most of us won't have to travel too far.

Mr_Shed
17th November 2012, 09:56
Hi guys, still coming although bit if a run to get there. Does anyone know a quality B&B in the area please?
Thanks Tony

ren
17th November 2012, 10:43
Dunno what it's like apart from the website... http://aclebedandbreakfast.co.uk/
...but the guy does own a ZT-T

Mr_Shed
17th November 2012, 11:11
Hi ren, do I presume his a member then lol.

ren
17th November 2012, 12:11
I don't know if he is a member of this club or any other. I have never knowingly met him. As I drive about and see 75's & ZT's I wonder if they are someone from the club. I'm rather disappointed I won't be able to get to meet some of the members myself but there will be other opportunities in the future. I hope a great time is had by all.

Weso
21st November 2012, 07:41
Hi all,

Still a few posts missing, to recap i will have one of the clubs VIS Testers:} with me.
Re B&B Mr Shed, this is the main core tourist area amongst the Norfolk Broads, no shortage of decent B&B's or small hotels etc. Suggest avoid Wroxham as a B&B destination imho.

Weather mixed up here this week but saturday forecast does look promising at this early stage...:}

Regards

Weso
21st November 2012, 15:11
Latest forecast looking good for saturday, clear skys and sunshine all day,

Regards

Mark:):):)

Snaggy
21st November 2012, 23:57
My first post on here, but see ya there

Mr_Shed
22nd November 2012, 06:35
I will be there rain or shine. Not long now. 😀😀😀

Tony

Weso
22nd November 2012, 08:28
That's what i like to see,
Mr Shed, will be there rain or shine, (think we might get both!)

Snaggy - 1st time poster on forum - will be there (you will be made very welcome)

Great stuff, starting to look forward to it now...

Regards

Mr_Shed
22nd November 2012, 19:21
Hi Mark,
Don't know if you saw my post prior to the forum crash, but to confirm:

I thought I would bring along voltmeter so we can check anyone's charging, useful in these colder climes. Also I have a coolant hydrometer so can check the level of protection of antifreeze. Finally tyre compressor for the obvious lol.

If there are any other basic checks anyone requires let me know. Think you have plenum checks covered. But could also help with following
Throttle cable adjustment.
Traction control cable adjustment.
Debobble alcantara seats

and advise on many other jobs I have done including
Service items
Cambelt change.
Gearbox oil change
Brake fluid change
Clutch fluid

Think someone mentioned cabin filter which we could do weather dependant.

Regards

Tony.

freddie
23rd November 2012, 07:17
Latest forecast looking good for saturday, clear skys and sunshine all day,

Regards

Mark:):):)
Typical weather men now say rain could be here by 1 o'clock.

Weso
23rd November 2012, 08:18
My met office app says rain by 3pm! Packing plenty of big brollies!

I hope to be there by 10am with VIS tester.

Hoping to fit my pollen filter if any guidence available, get my pleniums checked, possibly the Plenium access hole modification, bonnet cable modification, and yes Mr Shed tighten and check throttle cable, possibly service reset if a tool available on the day.
Lets hope the window in this awful weather allows us to do our stuff,
and obviously looking forward to meeting such a group of fine chaps,

We can always gravitate to the nice warm pub should the rain arrive earlier than expected. Appreciate we cannot drink as such but hoping there might be time for a quick bite to eat or bar snack as well as numerous coffees during the day.
Just a foot note i have no landline at my new home address yet therefore no broadband so when i leave my work tonight i will not have any forum access. Reckon this thread can look after itself after that time without my very modest contributions...

Thanks all

davidcarp
23rd November 2012, 08:28
What's a bit of rain anyway. We're lucky in this area as other parts of the country get it a lot worse. I'll be arriving early

Weso
23rd November 2012, 09:13
That's the attitude! "What's a bit of rain!"

Reckon we could have circa 13-14 cars on the day.

regards

Mr_Shed
23rd November 2012, 09:33
Hi Mark,

I have a serviced rest tool so can do that too.

Tony

Shapfell
23rd November 2012, 12:45
Hmmm, probably get there 1030-1100. Depends on what the traffic is like round Gt Yarmouth.

Weso
23rd November 2012, 14:26
Bit of fog around tomorrow morning according to met office for our area,

Take Care out there!

Regards

Weso
23rd November 2012, 16:23
Malsters will be staffed from 10.30 tomorrow for those in need of a coffee or snacks etc

Signing off now, looking forward to meeting as many of you as possible!

regards

Ian G
23rd November 2012, 16:54
Hi Guys
Best wishes for an enjoyable get together.
I'm back home in December so maybe get to meet a few of you then..
Cheers Ian

johnc54
23rd November 2012, 16:59
Sadly I've only just stumbled across this thread. Unlikely to get there so wish you all a great day and hope the weather holds for you.

Drive safely...... John

humphshumphs
23rd November 2012, 19:27
I will be there tomorrow with all the badges (75 Saloon & Tourer & MG ZTT)

Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow.

eigger
23rd November 2012, 20:25
Yep we'll be there too, looking forward to this. See you all in the morning :)

freddie
24th November 2012, 06:47
Well just arose frosty out side but nice blue skies,could be misty out by the broads and icy roads take care .see you there.

davidcarp
24th November 2012, 07:07
Well just arose frosty out side but nice blue skies,could be misty out by the broads and icy roads take care .see you there.

I'll be there early.Lets hope the weather forecast is wrong and the rain doesn't arrive till later

Mr_Shed
24th November 2012, 07:36
Morning from gloomy Essex. Myself and Sam are just getting ready, be leaving by nine so see you all there.

Plezier
24th November 2012, 07:41
Well I will be leaving frosty Lincolnshire in about half an hour So should be there depending upon traffic about 11:30- 12:00.

beejay
24th November 2012, 16:24
Well the rain kept off, a bit wet on the drive home. Very good meet, new faces and good turn out for first meet, well done Mark, look forward to next one

Barry

Plezier
24th November 2012, 17:24
Well we made it back home safe and sound even though it was a bit wet and plenty of loonies on the roads.

I look farwards to have a meet there when the weather is warm and fine, beautiful spot, thank you.

met some more people and a few again for the second time.

Some members had lucky espcapes as there were a few spy hole mods being done and one car had about 8" of water in the Plenum ........................................... one very soggy pollen filter.

Johnny2R
24th November 2012, 17:38
Yes, good meet, thanks for organizing it! I think my car enjoyed it, too, as it seemed to drive particularly well on the way back to Norwich.:}

Shapfell
24th November 2012, 17:57
Good to put some names to faces today, at least it stayed dry for most of the day! I think the pub was a bit surprised by customers......:D

Oh yes, Plezier, guess what make of car I saw being AA recovered on the way home....... (Chuckle!)

eigger
24th November 2012, 18:20
THANKS Mark for arranging this, really enjoyed meeting all the members you are all a nice bunch of folks, thanks also to Freddie for the spy hole mod (NO - mine did not have any water in the plenum:) ) It was a really good turnout upto 15 cars at one point.
A few things learnt for the future, including the opinions of members regarding the tuning module, gotta get some cash together now to get one. Once again guys, THANKS for a great meeting.

davidcarp
24th November 2012, 18:42
THANKS Mark for arranging this, really enjoyed meeting all the members you are all a nice bunch of folks, thanks also to Freddie for the spy hole mod (NO - mine did not have any water in the plenum:) ) It was a really good turnout upto 15 cars at one point.
A few things learnt for the future, including the opinions of members regarding the tuning module, gotta get some cash together now to get one. Once again guys, THANKS for a great meeting.

http://tuning-diesels.com/Synergy/Synergy.htm

Mr_Shed
24th November 2012, 20:02
Hi all,
Firstly a thank you to Mark for arranging the event, good to meet you and your son who's obviously a budding enthusiast too. Samantha and myself had nice time, meet some new faces and hopefully new friends along the way. The pub was good and location looked really nice, met with Samantha's approval lol, pity we didn't get chance to walk around due to the turn of weather.
Only just got in as we braved the weather and went to the east coast for fish and chips at Aldeburgh. Tomorrow will be payback as I will have to go shopping lol.
Look forward to the next event.

Best regards

Tony and Sam

eigger
25th November 2012, 07:09
Thanks Dave :)

flaggy
25th November 2012, 07:36
Sorry could,nt make it [daughter not well] glad you had a good turn out. Next time. Steve.

freddie
25th November 2012, 14:19
Good turn out for the first Norfolk meet especiely this time of year. Thanks for for setting it up Mark.If any more had wanted their plenum mod done I think I would have run out of bungs,plenty with leaves etc ready to bung up the drain pipe only one with serious amount of water just touching the bottom of the ECU.

guru
26th November 2012, 21:36
Good turnout, sorry I could only stay for a fleeting visit but the kids we a little restless! Many, many thanks to freddie for doing the spyhole mod, much appreciated! Anyway I managed to get a few pics............

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-sgDDNnqOMQI/ULDELxQ-pAI/AAAAAAAAJAE/3FNuiwuCaf4/s732/20121124_123322.jpg

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-D_jFSHGBoSk/ULDEjVG5cRI/AAAAAAAAJAc/gTcv1tTb6rY/s732/20121124_123922.jpg

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-zMbNQriJncI/ULDF-vZzNTI/AAAAAAAAJA0/rwU_9yEJY_w/s549/20121124_125220.jpg

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-N3MC09e7acY/ULDKdAQ4xWI/AAAAAAAAJBo/xKbEsg5Rnxg/s732/20121124_130237.jpg

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-5XpY8V92MpY/ULDKvg8XM1I/AAAAAAAAJCA/VTVZTqekumU/s732/20121124_130357.jpg

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-fZyaT52WjY8/ULDME5g2kII/AAAAAAAAJCw/FNuukcOIcpI/s732/20121124_130519.jpg

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-W_Aj8f7helU/ULDMKimtD_I/AAAAAAAAJC8/M8uc1CfvJhg/s1166/20121124_130548.jpg

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-fnRlIwK-y1o/ULDMg9uHk_I/AAAAAAAAJDU/dZ4KN6rX_4U/s732/20121124_131830.jpg

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-Mo3m1ZFe2U4/ULDMZAqxZ3I/AAAAAAAAJDI/PP78tm18ukQ/s732/20121124_131823.jpg

As you can see, pretty good turnout, the weather held off well, although it was a little nippy! Will deffo make an effort for the next one!

Weso
27th November 2012, 08:20
Sorry i missed you Guru, i was eating in the pub, glad freddie looked after you. freddie was last in the pub and 1st out, he worked hard all day...

Your car looks good and thanks for further photos. There will be another meet at some point next year.
As a matter of interest what age your children? My son aged 9 was with me, a confirmed petrol head, he lasted the distance just about, was cold and a tad bored by the very end, he would welcome some younger company next time!

See you at the next one.

guru
27th November 2012, 09:16
Sorry i missed you Guru, i was eating in the pub, glad freddie looked after you. freddie was last in the pub and 1st out, he worked hard all day...

Your car looks good and thanks for further photos. There will be another meet at some point next year.
As a matter of interest what age your children? My son aged 9 was with me, a confirmed petrol head, he lasted the distance just about, was cold and a tad bored by the very end, he would welcome some younger company next time!

See you at the next one.

2 girls, 7 & 4. Sadly despite my best efforts I'm struggling to turn them into petrol heads, they seem to be more interested in Ponies and all things pink!

Yep hopefully I'll be there a little more promptly for the next one, but this time was a little limited as we had to wait until my youngest's ballet class finished! I did think that Ranworth worked well as a location, however I'll bet that parking wouldn't be so easy in the summer.

Weso
29th November 2012, 15:11
Great stuff all, you have all done Norwich, Norfolk and the club proud,
think we will close this thread now...
Please see Ranworth Photos 24 Nov 2012 thread whilst i think up a snappy post title for our new Thread.

Regards

Mark:}:}

Jay
29th November 2012, 20:54
Thanks for the pictures guru:}

My man flu developed into something more serious Mark, so ended up in A&E at the N&N Hospital at 1am on Saturday. They turfed me out today:nurse:

Look forwards to the next one though:)

Weso
3rd December 2012, 12:50
Jay, i am sorry to hear that, sounds like you were in the best place,
the meet succesful as it was was cold for all!
Hope your on the road to recovery,

Regards