PDA

View Full Version : Electric blind urgent help !!!!!!!!

up the toon
20th October 2012, 08:23
Hi iam trying to fit the electric sunblind into my rover 75,i have just removed the rear parcel shelf and there is no wiriing there for it .
Ihave also removed the front stereo ashtray holder and the heater control and there is no connectors for it either .
Any ideas as i would like to try and finish it today whilst i have got it all stripped out .
Please help !!!!!!

mh007
20th October 2012, 09:05
As far as I remember, the multi-plugs at both ends aren't obvious as they're usually folded back & taped to the wiring loom.
Have you had a good look around & not just in the immediate area ?

BIG LEK
20th October 2012, 09:15
As far as I remember, the multi-plugs at both ends aren't obvious as they're usually folded back & taped to the wiring loom.
Have you had a good look around & not just in the immediate area ?
In my old mg the rear plug was taped back to the wiring loom somewhere under the shelf, but the front one was taped in a bunch as I didnt have cruise heated seats and the blind, so all plugs were taped together and had sticky foam padding around them,so look behind the centre ashtray area see if you can find some wiring with the foam on and then your in luck and the connector your looking for is green;) Forgot to add if your lucky like I was the front wiring was pushed through the panel where the switch would normally be

Nige B
20th October 2012, 09:29
You have to delve deep ,took me longer to find wiring than to put shelf back in...

up the toon
20th October 2012, 09:56
Hi i have tried looking but i can't fully remove the ash try as i can't see how to remove the wires on the back i think that they are for the lighter itself but have had a good look at the back shelf and the connector does not seem to be there ,did all the rover 75's come with the connectors already there .
My car is a 2002 75 cdt club.
Thanks

ssizefive
20th October 2012, 10:23
Not all the 75's have the wiring there for the blinds - i recently assisted fitting one to another members car & we had to put the wiring in as well.

Steve.

up the toon
20th October 2012, 10:58
Hi how did you manage to wire it in any help on this would be great.:shrug:

dissy1810
20th October 2012, 12:33
i can't remember which wire is witch offhand but you will need the plugs, from the blind, wire the plug to some speaker cable and feed it back to the switch , the switch plug has 5 wires 2 go to the blind (speaker cable ) then you have a positive an earth and an iluminination wire to connect

up the toon
20th October 2012, 13:14
i have the switch for the front dash and there is two wires coming of the blind motor with a connector on the end if thats any help.

up the toon
20th October 2012, 16:15
Can i just run a permanent live and an earth to a normal toggle switch and then just run two wires to the plug on the end of the motor wire.

dissy1810
20th October 2012, 17:39
Can i just run a permanent live and an earth to a normal toggle switch and then just run two wires to the plug on the end of the motor wire.

You can do that with the blind switch

up the toon
20th October 2012, 17:43
Do you know what pins i would need to connect to the live and earth and also which two would go to the blind motor .
Many thanks for taking the time to help.

trikey
20th October 2012, 18:01

If you can wait till' Monday, I will send you a connector for each end (one for the switch, and one for the blind)

Don't wire into a toggle switch, use the Rover switch. off the top of my head, black is earth, red and white are switch illumination, can't remember the rest offhand!

up the toon
20th October 2012, 18:17
That would be great if you could do that for me .
Do you need me to send you my address on a private message.
Many thanks