PDA

View Full Version : Traction Control

GJBridge
20th October 2012, 18:03
I assume my Contemp SE has TC, or something similar, but this afternoon, pulling out of a damp junction (with a good few leaves on) it spun its' wheels like a Saxo driven by a 12yo (I'm 'ahem' years older than that!!).
Then it did it again at next junction which was leaf free and didn't appear unduly damp. It's never done it before at either junction.
Anything particular to look at?????

trikey
20th October 2012, 18:06
Traction control button, or a flashing yellow light on the dash when the wheels start spinning!

GJBridge
20th October 2012, 18:11
Traction control button, or a flashing yellow light on the dash when the wheels start spinning!

No nothing at all, which is what made me think something is wrong.

stocktake
20th October 2012, 18:21
If you don't have a traction control button below the climate control panel...... you don't have traction control :(

GJBridge
20th October 2012, 18:30
If you don't have a traction control button below the climate control panel...... you don't have traction control :(

2 x heated seats and cruise - I assumed Contemp SE would have it!! :(:(
Just have to drive more carefully :mad:

trikey
20th October 2012, 18:46
You can retrofit traction, but it's a bit involved (Easier if you have the wiring harness in place)

GJBridge
20th October 2012, 18:54
You can retrofit traction, but it's a bit involved (Easier if you have the wiring harness in place)

Knowing I haven't got it is the answer!!! I just assumed!!!
Drive carefully!!! :)

Plezier
21st October 2012, 02:42
Check tyre pressures and condition.

vitesse-chris
21st October 2012, 06:00

Do tell... I have the wiring in place :D

FredSpencer
21st October 2012, 10:58
2 x heated seats and cruise - I assumed Contemp SE would have it!! :(:(
Just have to drive more carefully :mad:

No electric rear blind either then. :getmecoat:

Bolin
21st October 2012, 17:31

Are you sure? All V6's have the secondary throttle position sensor connector for traction control on the engine bay wiring harness, but the car's main wiring harness should be missing the necessary bits (ECU and switch connectors)- there were two main harnesses, one for traction, one without.

As far as I can see, to retrofit traction control to a V6 you need to either swap the main wiring harness (!) for the traction control type or perhaps remove the traction control elements from a loom with TC and then add them into your existing loom (?!). Difficult difficult lemon difficult.:(

VXman
21st October 2012, 20:21
I dont know if the traction control on the 260 is different to the other 75/ZT's but I would say you are better off without it if it is. Its not actually tranction control more of a engine kill switch. Positively dangerous if you are trying to make a swift entrance onto a busy road!

rover54
22nd October 2012, 00:28
Mine has a traction control lever which is controlled by an organic ECU.

shadowfax
22nd October 2012, 00:32
my traction control slows the car considerably, but also tells me when im going too fast, approaching a corner too fast or braking too late, or if a car is driving too close behind.

I just wish it would shut up sometimes!!

trikey
24th October 2012, 23:48

Well the worst bit will be changing the abs modulator for a traction one, then you need all the rest of the bits.. Best way is to grab all the bits from one car complete.