PDA

View Full Version : How many Scotsmen does it take to change a lightbulb?

goldie75
21st October 2012, 22:31
4...me and 3 kind chaps at Cardonald Motor parts. Posted on here a few weeks ago about the difficulty I was having getting the rear light unit off to change the tail-light bulb due to the screws being stuck and just turning the whole catch. Ended up pulling the unit out but the bottom fixing broke off but only half so still enuff there to re-attach[if only I could get the screw out!] Anyway..it gave me enough give to get the light unit out far enough to get at the bulb fixings. Couldn't get my large hand in but Cardonald Motor part chappie managed to get at it and change the bulb.The brake light bulb had also blown so another 2 chaps had a go and managed to get that changed. I've managed to push the light unit back into place with the top screw keeping it in place. How do I get those damn screws out coz I'm dreading another bulb blowing? Worse design ever..probably!

Jim Jamieson
21st October 2012, 22:45
Surely the rear light bulb assembly just un-clips after first of course lifting the boot liner clear making it easy peasy to change a bulb.
It does on both my 75's.

JYJ

goldie75
21st October 2012, 23:02
Was a sinch on my old saloon but tourers are another story!

Jules
21st October 2012, 23:40
There is always a way to deal with those pesky captive nuts rotating.

My method is to drill a 1mm hole in the outer edge of the captive flange .
Then either leave the drill bit in or substitute with locking wire.
Apply some penetrating oil and sure enough the pozidrive M6 screws will loosen I promise you!

Tourer light clusters are now obsolete so we all better take extra care now when removing them!