PDA

View Full Version : Back Window Blind not working ?

merc69
22nd October 2012, 14:27
Hello, just bought a rover 75 connoisseur 2.5 V6 1999
Two weeks ago, tried every switch,button,etc...works fine, but now, 2 weeks later, my back window blind wont work? every other switch works, just this one has suddenly stopped,
any help please ( dont have the hand book yet,)
Steve.

Rev Jules
22nd October 2012, 14:37
Hello, just bought a rover 75 connoisseur 2.5 V6 1999
Two weeks ago, tried every switch,button,etc...works fine, but now, 2 weeks later, my back window blind wont work? every other switch works, just this one has suddenly stopped,
any help please ( dont have the hand book yet,)
Steve.

Hi Mate .
when you press the button can you hear a clicking noise from the blind, if so the motor has frozen up the motor is situated in the centre of the blind. sometimes giving it a gentle tap underneath the parcel shelf can get it going again. not to heavy handed cos there are little magnets inside the motor can become broken,
Someone with more knowledge on here can improve on my explanation. good luck.

Julien

mh007
22nd October 2012, 14:46
Unfortunately, you'll probably find someone has given it a gentle tap before & possibly cracked the field magnets inside the motor !
You may be lucky & the magnets may be ok.
I've had several of these in & found that the grease inside for the gearing tends to go hard.
The rear parcel shelf needs to come out & remove the motor from the blind assembly, clean out the old grease & replace with new.
A bit fiddly getting the shelf out & be careful not to break any of the wiring for the rear screen heater & amplifier.

merc69
22nd October 2012, 14:47
Thanks Julien,
just tried it, didnt hear any clicks, still gave it a tap or two, but nothing :0(
Cheers
Steve.

merc69
22nd October 2012, 14:48
cheers, mh007 (http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/member.php?u=7751) ill have a peek
Steve.

David Lawrence
22nd October 2012, 18:58
cheers, mh007 (http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/member.php?u=7751) ill have a peek
Steve.

You could just keep trying the switch every day a couple of times, and you could be lucky and it will just start working.

Mine stopped working and I was all ready to start dismantling it, but just by chance i tried the switch again and it just worked. I now press the switch at least once a week and so far so good it hasnt failed since.

TR75
23rd October 2012, 19:19
You could just keep trying the switch every day a couple of times, and you could be lucky and it will just start working.

Mine stopped working and I was all ready to start dismantling it, but just by chance i tried the switch again and it just worked. I now press the switch at least once a week and so far so good it hasnt failed since.

Mine is the same. Works more often that not. But occasionally will be stubborn and decide that it doesn't want to know.

mamasboy
23rd October 2012, 19:21
superb How to fix here:smilie_re:http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=52924&highlight=sunblind+magnets+motor