PDA

View Full Version : Recommend Garage in Southampton area?

Jon Gane
22nd October 2012, 20:22
I bought my 2003 Connie about two months ago and I am looking for a good reasonably priced garage to do the servicing in the Southampton area (say 20 mile radius not incluning Isle of Wight of course). Can anyone recommend a garage that can be trusted with my pride and joy. I really want to take it to a garage that has a passion or at least a good understanding of the car's idiosyncracies.

Thanks.

mamasboy
22nd October 2012, 20:44
if you are willing to travel a bit further try seancar in bexhill

Reebs
22nd October 2012, 21:27
I bought my 2003 Connie about two months ago and I am looking for a good reasonably priced garage to do the servicing in the Southampton area (say 20 mile radius not incluning Isle of Wight of course). Can anyone recommend a garage that can be trusted with my pride and joy. I really want to take it to a garage that has a passion or at least a good understanding of the car's idiosyncracies.

Thanks.

You could try Viking Garages in West End. They are forum sponsors and will give you a discount if you call them and tell them you are a club member first. Look for their red banner at the top of the screen.

Scribbler.
23rd October 2012, 00:22
:} For a half hour drive Jon Gane here in Parkstone my personal garage choice, "Parkstone Garage" prop. Andy Rigler, tel: 01202 744441 is excellent. Should you so choose, let me know by PM and I'll give you the post-code for satnav and collect you to go for coffee whilst waiting. Good luck friend. :shrug: Mike.PS; I have NO connection with said garage other than as a customer.

Nigel Wynne
23rd October 2012, 19:29
Try Gregory's Garage in Fareham - Mark on 07880 556869 or 01329 239304 - absolutely top notch guy, nothing is too much trouble for him (and he is expart). It is only a small garage but a lot cheaper than "main dealers" and I have used him for several years - he also does swmbo sportka. He is about half a mile outside town centre so an easy walk into Fareham to kill the time. If you do go there, tell him Nigel recommended.

french dave
25th October 2012, 17:31
You could try Viking Garages in West End. They are forum sponsors and will give you a discount if you call them and tell them you are a club member first. Look for their red banner at the top of the screen.

Viking has been a rover garage for many years. i used to deliver the evening paper to them ... 35 years ago!! Now sells kias, but I am sure has all the skills you need. Find them in West End High Street.

Jon Gane
28th October 2012, 10:31
Thanks folks, some great recommendations. I am looking to eradicate a knocking/vibration which is more obvious when engine is warm and the vibe is felt through the floorpan, seat and steering wheel and so I need a garage to spend a bit of time to understand what I am trying to cure.. Had the lower engine bush done but vibe still there. From reading various post my next thought is crank pulley. Thanks again.

chipsceola
28th October 2012, 11:04
Thanks folks, some great recommendations. I am looking to eradicate a knocking/vibration which is more obvious when engine is warm and the vibe is felt through the floorpan, seat and steering wheel and so I need a garage to spend a bit of time to understand what I am trying to cure.. Had the lower engine bush done but vibe still there. From reading various post my next thought is crank pulley. Thanks again.

Wouldn't be surprised to find another member/members can shed light on your problem, many experts here who will have come across this or similar problems before. Watch this space!!
Chips

MangoMan
28th October 2012, 12:06
Yes, as Reebs states, Viking in West End - still a lot of the old Rover days staff there.

Also, and more oftentimes used is Netley Garage in Netley. Andy the boss there is excellent! And very reasonably priced. I would, and have trusted him with my car...