PDA

View Full Version : 16" "Forked" alloys for Mk1 Tourer

Fille
4th December 2006, 08:48
I'm thinking of buying a set of Rover original "Forked" 16" alloy wheels, as fitted on the facelift 75, for my Tourer.
Now, my car is a 2001 model, and I suppose there is no problem with fitting these later wheels to it, but does anyone of you know for sure that this can be done?
The car is currently fitted with 15" "Crown" wheels, which look good, but I think they are too small for the car, although a set of bigger tyres might help, of course. It is currently on 195/65 tyres.
What dimension would you recommend for the bigger alloys? I am thinking of 205/60-16.

STUBIE
4th December 2006, 17:57
Fitted 16" Multi-spoke alloys of the facelift 75 to mine to replace the 15" crown's that were on. I have Avon ZZ3's fitted, look good and good tread pattern with overhang to protect alloys from kerbing which of course I never do :rolleyes:

Mine are 205 55 r16'S

Stubie

Simon
4th December 2006, 20:39
If you plan on upgrading your wheels from 15" to 16" you will either need to buy lower-profile tyres to ensure the wheel (inlcuding tyre) is the same as you have with your 15" rims or recallibrate the speedo to account for an increase in wheel size.

As you can probably deduce, a bigger wheel will have a longer rotational length so your speedo will show your car doing one speed whilst it is actually doing another.