PDA

View Full Version : heated mirrors

suffolk boy
25th October 2012, 13:06
i have a small problem with above as one of these as in the fact it will not heat up.just replaced the glass with a new one still no joy.just a coulpe of things which might be nothing to do with this.should i be able to turn on the rear heated window with a outside air temp above freezing?ie turn it on manually.only it does not light up.also can any one put up a piccie of the cruise control ecu plug.i only ask this because i sure my had no wiring for it having searched the loom for it i certainly dont have for the master switch in the centre console or is some thing we forgot to plug in during the retro fit of the powerfolds this weekend.everything worked fine b4 we fitted thse mirrors ie the old ones heated up as did the rear window which i switched on manually on the way to the nano.i am thinking the plug unlikely or fuse is so which one on a 03 with the later board.all answers on a postcard please adressed to madmad resthome haverhill they no where to find me:}

suffolk boy
25th October 2012, 15:23
a quick update the rear window is working.mirror not.i can therefore only assume the mirror itself has a wiring problem.in which case it can stay like it

suffolk boy
26th October 2012, 11:06
right quick update on this these are my findings so far.the plug i mentioned in my first post is for the cd player i removed.the rear window is working.the mirror in question folds the glass moves as it should.today i tested the wires to the back of the glass no power.why i did not check this 1st i do not no.anyway unless there is a fuse for this i can only assume the mirror wiring its self has a break in it.

suffolk boy
1st November 2012, 10:24
still no joy on this and now the other one has stopped working.is there anyone in the herts cambs beds suffolk area.who can do the following .test the wiring from the mirror down to the plug in the a pillar.and if need be remove the plug in the a pillar and test without removing the doors again or breaking any thing.in other words some who no/s what they are doing unlike me.as stated in the previous posts it is not the glass.the problem is ther is no power to the wires that fit on to them.a quick test yesterday seemed to indicate two things the fuse is ok but there is no power to it.would a t4 indicate where the problem is.beer tokens will be provided.or a company who has experience with our cars.

COLVERT
1st November 2012, 18:37
The mirror heating supply is on all the time the ignition is on.

If nothing is coming up the power supply wire to the mirrors could you not link the motor wire to the mirror heater ? ( Will need a check to see if it's live all the time with the ignition on. )

The fuse and wiring should have no trouble taking the small additional load.

Colvert. :D

suffolk boy
2nd November 2012, 09:18
thank you for the replys regarding this matter and a couple of offers of help.:bowdown:i have now contacted a member on here.who is going to have a look at it for me.i will of course report back on our findings.well mainly his findings as i do not have a clue:}

suffolk boy
3rd November 2012, 20:03
all sorted a big thanks to steve 916 who turned up tonite.the problem blown fuse .i was looking at the wrong one.thats what you get when looking at the diagramme on the lid upside down in the dark.he also put 2 new bushes in the back to hold the rear light on as both of these where spinning.just need to fit x 2 replacement lights when they turn up.as the lugs are also snapped off.mind you they where a bargain at £12 each:}
thanks again steve:bowdown:

Steve916
3rd November 2012, 20:32
No problem mate:}