PDA

View Full Version : MER polish

wicksy_64
11th December 2007, 15:10
I had used this for years until told of its abrasive nature. Question is though, as a polish that "cuts" the paint and has a high percentage of fillers surely this is a one stop solution instead of using scratch x and SRP?

ragitty
11th December 2007, 15:17
I always used MER on my mitsubishi Pajero every one used to say that it looked as though it had just come out of the showroom, but the people at my works called it the hairdressers car because of all the chrome and no dirt ;)
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/2211475eb8a564e79.jpg

tourerfogey
11th December 2007, 16:41
I also used to use MER but found that it dried too hard too quickly and left a residue of white powder over everything when polished out. It always appeared to make a hard job even more difficult.

Greeners
11th December 2007, 16:47
I remember seeing a demonstration of the red mini bonnet and I must admit I was impressed, especially when he set fire to it !!!!!

Bought a bottle used it once and vowed never to touch it again.

I've been an AutoGlym boy ever since.....

ragitty
11th December 2007, 16:54
I just don't know how Tatts do'es it, he even managed to get a can of spam into this thread :lol:

Graham1961
22nd December 2007, 18:02
I have tried Mer a couple of times but i was not that impressed with it at all, too powdery and fairly hard work to buff up . I have tried Turtle Wax its alright, but Autoglym Supream takes some beating, Nielsson Chemical liquid gold is excellent to.

ragitty
22nd December 2007, 18:05
The trouble people have with MER is that they rub it too hard, also it leaves white residue so takes longer to clean your vehice.:xmas-smiley-031:

AURORA MG
22nd December 2007, 19:06
I also used to use MER but found that it dried too hard too quickly and left a residue of white powder over everything when polished out. It always appeared to make a hard job even more difficult.

I had this too & switched to Autoglym in the early 90's.

JP53
23rd December 2007, 15:50
The trouble people have with MER is that they rub it too hard, also it leaves white residue so takes longer to clean your vehice.:xmas-smiley-031:

So what you are saying is if you rub IT too hard IT leaves a white residue on your car. The (dirty) mind boggles. :lol: