PDA

View Full Version : Colinite wax

wicksy_64
15th December 2007, 13:23
Having just received this item mail order,I am now looking to get cracking on the car. One question though, I have previously waxed (maguires) the car over SRP, do I now have to remove the previous wax before applying the colinite 476 or is it o.k to buff over?

empsburna
15th December 2007, 14:04
Go back over with the SRP (to polish again)

then top it off with 2 coats of collinite, stand back and admire :)

Make sure the pads are damp before you put the wax on the pad - and nice thin even coats.

wicksy_64
15th December 2007, 15:27
Thanks empsburna.I now have all sunday to play with my new investment. Quick question , how much time to leave between coats?

Dave***t
16th December 2007, 01:33
General advice is 24 hours. But that would kind of spoil the 'Sunday of polishing fun'. Could always leave it to cure for a while then get the hairdrier out :D

Damp applicators? I've heard of using detailing spray, but is it just dampness in general we're after, i.e. water? How's it help?

deano78
7th January 2008, 17:26
General advice is 24 hours. But that would kind of spoil the 'Sunday of polishing fun'. Could always leave it to cure for a while then get the hairdrier out :D

Damp applicators? I've heard of using detailing spray, but is it just dampness in general we're after, i.e. water? How's it help?

it allows the collinite to be applied more evenly as collinite is quite hard. there is a method called spit shining if you dont want to wait 24hrs between coats. you basically apply a layer of wax , spray it lightly with quick detail spray and then apply another layer on top. it will work better with other more "pure" waxes as collinite is quite high in solvents but it will work.