PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Dinner Meet Sunday 16th December

rich17865
18th November 2012, 16:14
After a very little discussion this afternoon it was decided that we would have our Christmas Dinner at 1pm on Sunday 16th December. This would have been our usual Sunday meet anyway.

The meal will be at the Hollow Tree in Stretton and food needs to be chosen from the following menu;

To Start

Carrot and Coriander Soup
Topped with sour cream and carrot crisps. With soft white bloomer and butter.

Crisp Breaded Camembert
With crisp leaves and a cranberry dip.

Prawn Cocktail
Prawns on iceberg lettuce with tomato and cucumber topped with a seafood dressing and lemon wedge. With malted bloomer and butter.

Smooth Pork and Chicken Liver Pate
With crisp leaves, spiced apple, sultana and ale chutney, toasted malted bloomer and butter.

Main

The Great British Carvery

Parsnip, Cranberry and Nut Roast Topped With Goats Cheese
With a tomato and basil sauce.

Grilled Salmon Supreme
With a chive and hollandaise sauce.

All served with roast potatoes and seasonal vegetables

Dessert

Cherry Bakewell Cheesecake
With vanilla ice cream

Baked Lemon Tart
With Raspberry sorbet.

Traditional Christmas Pudding
With brandy sauce.

Double Chocolate Fudge Cake
With vanilla ice cream.

Prices are £7.95 for 2 courses or £10.95 for 3 courses. The price is each and is not included in the 2 for 1 deal.

:smilie_re:A £5 deposit per person is required to secure a place and I need to know your food choices as soon as possible. Send me a PM and I will send you my email address so you can send me a Paypal gift payment to cover the deposit. Balance is payable on the day.

If you are planning on attending please let me know as soon as possible so that there is nobody left out. The pub is happy to accommodate any special needs or requirements.

The following names are confirmed as follows

Rich17865 - Deposit Paid - Food Chosen 3C
J1mbo +1 - Deposit Paid - Food Chosen 3C
Vindaloo +1 - Deposit Paid - Food Chosen 2C
carguy143 +1 - Deposit Paid - Food Chosen
Frank Incensed +1 - Deposit Paid - Food Chosen 3C
taxi mad - Deposit Paid
MattyC - Deposit Paid
jondonwar - Deposit Paid - Food Chosen 2C

Total Attending - 12

Please be aware that regional meets are not official 75 & ZT Owners Clubs meets and as such are not covered by the clubs public liability insurance.
Also the Owners Club take no responsibility for the meet in any way.

justmicky
21st November 2012, 22:30
Is it the same price for kids?

rich17865
22nd November 2012, 07:06
The children's menu is £5.45 as below,

To Start

Tomato Soup
With soft white bloomer and butter.

Breaded Mushrooms
With garlic mayonnaise.

Carrot and Cucumber Strips
With a tomato mayonnaise.

Main

The Great British Carvery

Battered Chicken Bites
With chips and peas.

Macaroni Cheese with Red Leicester and Cheddar
With cherry tomatoes, crunchy carrot and cucumber sticks.

Dessert

Simply Ice Cream
Choose from vanilla, chocolate or strawberry flavours.

Jelly and Ice Cream
Vanilla ice cream with today's homemade jelly.

Chocolate Sponge with Milk Chocolate Sauce
With vanilla ice cream.

Again £5 deposit with balance due on the day.

rich17865
27th November 2012, 16:49
Are there any more takers for Christmas Dinner?

I will be placing the order at the Hollow Tree next Wednesday at our monthly Wednesday evening meet.

The pub has asked ideally if the majority of orders are placed by then so that they can make sure they have enough food ordered for us.

Also if you have already paid your deposit, please could you could let me have your choice of food as soon as possible.

carguy143
2nd December 2012, 20:11
Kay wants to come with me. :)

PM sent, Rich.

rich17865
2nd December 2012, 20:16
Kay wants to come with me. :)

PM sent, Rich.

Thread updated, PM replied, thanks :}

MattyC
2nd December 2012, 23:43
I'll get my food choice to you before Wednesday Rich :)

Chas2008
5th December 2012, 17:51
Won't be able to make it after all, hope to see you all in new year.
All the best:christmas:

Chas

rich17865
9th December 2012, 18:58
:xmas-smiley-039:

For all of those going, and are excited like me :icon_razz:.......

I have now made the final booking for our Christmas dinner :cheesy::xmas-smiley-030::cheesy::xmas-smiley-029:

:christmas::xmas-smiley-041::xmas-smiley-028:

J1MBO
11th December 2012, 10:24
Looking forward to it :xmas-smiley-029: and now the good lady has passed her test there might well be more than a couple of :wine: consumed :icon_razz:

:christmas:

vindaloo
11th December 2012, 10:26
Looking forward to seeing everyone and with it being a lunchtime meet we may even get out before closing time:xmas-smiley-003:

J1MBO
11th December 2012, 11:08
Looking forward to seeing everyone and with it being a lunchtime meet we may even get out before closing time:xmas-smiley-003:

There's every chance.....:D:getmecoat:

MattyC
12th December 2012, 01:28
What a fun day I'm going to have on Sunday... just been asked to do an aiport run at 0400 to Manchester, then home to bed hopefully by 6, then the club Xmas dinner, then onto works night out with unlimited booze!!

Lack of sleep + lots ofgreat company, food and booze = recipe for disaster! :D

carguy143
15th December 2012, 14:40
Me and Kay are looking forward to seeing you all for this tomorrow. :):beer:

Rik.

James.uk
15th December 2012, 15:40
Congratulations on a well organised region Rich. You really are brill at it.. :xmas-smiley-020:

Christmas greetings to the rest of you unruly lot, and I hope you have a very nice Christmas Dinner.. :)

See all sometime next year... *fingers crossed*.. :xmas-smiley-020:

:christmas: To you all.. :)
.................................................. ...................

MattyC
16th December 2012, 06:46
Yay this it today :D Just got back from the airport, so time for a few hours shut eye and then I'll be on my way!!

rich17865
16th December 2012, 07:31
Congratulations on a well organised region Rich. You really are brill at it.. :xmas-smiley-020:

Christmas greetings to the rest of you unruly lot, and I hope you have a very nice Christmas Dinner.. :)

See all sometime next year... *fingers crossed*.. :xmas-smiley-020:

:christmas: To you all.. :)
.................................................. ...................

Thank you very much, see you in March :D

MattyC
16th December 2012, 16:02
Another great meet, thanks to all who came and Rich for organising. Now I'm off to get plastered!! :D

Frank Incensed
16th December 2012, 16:45
Thoroughly enjoyed what was probably my only Christmas dinner for 2012. Very good meal for the money -3 courses for £11. Couldn't do much better in the UK. Good to see everyone who was there and a big "thank you" to Rich for everything he's done this year. Couldn't be a much better RS in the UK for £11, either. Lol:xmas-smiley-029:
:xmas-smiley-026:

vindaloo
16th December 2012, 16:50
Likewise Robert, very good nosh for not much dosh:icon_redface:

Nice to see a great turnout and many thanks to Rich for organising this. It looks like the NW region is gaining strength with new members popping up at almost every meet, long may it continue.

carguy143
16th December 2012, 16:55

Nice to see a great turnout and many thanks to Rich for organising this. It looks like the NW region is gaining strength with new members popping up at almost every meet, long may it continue.

Agreed, another new one today. Let's just hope he figures out how to register for the forums.

Hope you all have a great Christmas.

Rik & Kay.

J1MBO
16th December 2012, 17:11

Agreed, another new one today. Let's just hope he figures out how to register for the forums.

Hope you all have a great Christmas.

Rik & Kay.

Agreed, really great get together, thanks to Rich for organsing probably the cheapest Christmas Dinner I've ever had and really nice to chat to one and all.

See you on the 2nd

Jim & Jean

rich17865
16th December 2012, 17:24
Thank you all very much for your kind words, I had a great time too.

I have to admit it was so cheap I did genuinely think that the receipt was wrong!

Thank you for the kind gift I shall happily drink it in the not so distant future.