PDA

View Full Version : Where does your forum name come from?

Astraeus
6th December 2012, 17:48
At the last meet at the Hawes Head some of us were joking that we all knew each other by our forum names and not our real ones. It would be interesting (if a little obvious in some cases!) to find out where our forum name comes from/stands for.

I will start off

Mine is of the obvious nature.....

It is the name of our boat. Astraeus...was the father of the greek gods of the four winds. Mythology has it that he was a lazily *** who got his sons to do all the work!

(My dad reckons this has been reversed in our case! Cheek!)

Explain yours...if you can???

:xmas-smiley-039:

Leyland Worldmaster
6th December 2012, 17:52
Mine is a famous Leyland Cat! :)

reworht
6th December 2012, 18:01
Mine is boringly simple - surname backwards. Did think, in view of christian name, of something like "Hot Rod" but was concerned that may give the wrong impression :icon_redface:

zero2
6th December 2012, 18:27
Mine is the last 2 of my army number.

Ratty
6th December 2012, 18:38
mine is from when I was a nipper spent all my time on the beach on in the boat came known as Waterrat then shortened to Ratty :Holly2:

MangoMan
6th December 2012, 19:06
Isn't there another tread already about this....

Well, simular...... http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=12184&highlight=username

lady zed
6th December 2012, 19:49
Mine s also obvious, although it feels like a lifetime ago........

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j209/scooterchick2002/AMatwedding.jpg

Astraeus
6th December 2012, 20:09

Yes, looking back can be funny until you remember how long ago it was.....

gulp....

:Holly2:

Some good names there I reckon

Astraeus
6th December 2012, 20:12
Isn't there another tread already about this....

Well, simular...... http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=12184&highlight=username

You are correct but that thread was started in 2007! Anyway it was something I was thinking about after our Scottish mini meet. Of course , delighted to read about folks from elsewhere.
Some quite logical choices mentioned...and some dubious ones avoided ..eh hot Rod?
Chris

Yella Fella
6th December 2012, 20:20
No idea where my name came from.

FLYER
6th December 2012, 21:20
I was originally known as COALBURNFLYER as i lived in coalburn and my then girlfriend [now wife] said my first 75 was a FLYER.

When i moved back home to glasgow i dropped the coalburn part and hey presto i am FLYER.:xmas-smiley-029:

starbug2
6th December 2012, 21:21
No idea where my name came from.
your hat maybe lol

Simondi
6th December 2012, 21:26
My best mate has nicknames for just about everyone he knows, in the dim and distant past I got called Simondi and it stuck. Why Simondi? No idea:huh:

Graham1961
6th December 2012, 22:39
In my case i kept it simple....my name and my year of birth...oops!!

Trophy Blue Tourer
7th December 2012, 09:23
Guess!!!!:lipsrsealed::laugh:

andyg2011
7th December 2012, 09:24
Am saying nothing lol

:christmas:

Terrorfex
7th December 2012, 11:32
New spin on an old science-fiction reference of many moons ago.

PaulPJ
7th December 2012, 12:20
My first name plus the initial letters of my christian names.

Ian G
7th December 2012, 12:40
Am saying nothing lol

:christmas:

Don't suppose theres any chance of a national meet at your place in June is there...:xmas-smiley-029:
Cheers Ian

Tim_Burgess
8th December 2012, 23:23
Not a clue where mine came from either Glenn.:shrug:

bigbird
8th December 2012, 23:33
I'm 6ft 5 18 stone and my name is Buzzard

FLYING BANANA
9th December 2012, 07:14
Named after The Yellow one.
On the 260's forum you will find me under Blue Thunder.
And on another forum you will find me under Frozen Fred, my old CB handle.

HarryM1BYT
9th December 2012, 10:13
Christian name plus amateur radio callsign, the two together work on all such forums, because no one would be likely to use them and the callsign bit instantly identifies me to other amateurs. You would be surprised how many other amateurs PM me.

maxtherotti
9th December 2012, 10:38
mine is my dog:xmas-smiley-029:

Rob

MrDoodles
9th December 2012, 11:03
Christian name plus amateur radio callsign, the two together work on all such forums, because no one would be likely to use them and the callsign bit instantly identifies me to other amateurs. You would be surprised how many other amateurs PM me.

And here was me thinking that it was a registration number!

slydog
9th December 2012, 11:16
worked and show dobermanns for years and there the love of my life shhhhhhh dont tell the wife lol . and sly is one of my dogs many moons ago

Plezier
9th December 2012, 12:22
Mine came from an interest in modern history and particularly the 2nd Boer War. It's Afikans for Pleasure or fun.

Plezier

SWStuPiDent
9th December 2012, 12:45
Well...

Mine is because I'm a daft undergrad student, stupid & student = Stupident

I'm a mature student, which probably makes me stupid, and I'm reading Social Work, which really just confirms my stoopidity

Becci

Astraeus
9th December 2012, 17:21
Well...

Mine is because I'm a daft undergrad student, stupid & student = Stupident

I'm a mature student, which probably makes me stupid, and I'm reading Social Work, which really just confirms my stoopidity

Becci

Having been a mature (ish) student myself before going into teaching I know how tough it is. Keep the faith though, well worth the graft and financial pressure.

having said that.....social work :duh:

Only joking....have met a few good ones at work...

Chris :xmas-smiley-029:

Astraeus
9th December 2012, 17:23

good one mate. perhaps I should have been crafty too and used my boats call sign??

Chris:icon_redface:

Astraeus
9th December 2012, 17:25
Named after The Yellow one.
On the 260's forum you will find me under Blue Thunder.
And on another forum you will find me under Frozen Fred, my old CB handle.

Well....I couldn't possibly have three different forum names. I would not be able to remember which one was which! :icon_sad:

:xmas-smiley-039:

AldoR
9th December 2012, 19:06
Well i originally tryed for Aldov8/v6 and the site forum woudin't let me use them so think use know the end result.:xmas-smiley-020:

Rovering
9th December 2012, 20:24
Mine is just from the roving along saying, added er and it became rovering, simple and effective!
Graeme

marinabrian
10th December 2012, 21:49

Ooh that reminds me of a time when I had a "breathed upon" PX200E, which I bought from here......
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg279/marinabrian/athurfrancis.jpg
Now who's that dodgy looking geezer in the mustard coloured turtleneck :eek:
Now this is the reasoning behind my username.....
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg279/marinabrian/PICT0048.jpg
Urgh, disappointing grey :o
Brian :D

Astraeus
10th December 2012, 22:25
Ooh that reminds me of a time when I had a "breathed upon" PX200E, which I bought from here......
Now this is the reasoning behind my username.....
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg279/marinabrian/PICT0048.jpg
Urgh, disappointing grey :o
Brian :D

Now that is a cool runaround mate!

Hope it's better over bumps than my mates Marina saloon was! :icon_redface:

It was still bouncing a mile down the road!

Chris

AdmiralPellaeon
11th December 2012, 11:25
Star wars geek here!

Admiral Gilad Pellaeon is a character from the expanded universe star wars books

tigers1941
11th December 2012, 13:37
Tigers is from the first Ice Hockey team I supported Dundee Tigers, the 1941 well I'm just an old ***.

Gurgle260
11th December 2012, 17:47
I'm a bit of a Schizophrenic :xmas-smiley-029:......... on this site I chose the name to reflect the sound of my nice V8

On the Scottish Site and ZT260's sites I'm Burble 260, which I think is more onomatopoeic (Gurgle sounds more like a drain...which is I suppose true when I think of my fuel consumption!!) and also I thought I had to use a different password originally and once done can't edit it..

and on my Kit Car website I'm See-U-Jimmy...because of my Irish background obviously:icon_razz:

Robert :christmas:

lady zed
12th December 2012, 08:58

Ha I've sat outside there a few times with a broken down scoot!

Ennine
12th December 2012, 22:43
N9 Early work years a nickname was "N" or ned, my dad always called me "Nine" (9)

ZedTeeTee
12th December 2012, 23:08
I'm Mofo, taken from my Sunday name Bombdroppingmofo.

Google it. The internet knows all about me. You can all become my virtual stalkers.

tldr; Gaming nick shortened.

stevestrat
12th December 2012, 23:34
Mine came from when I first started getting into guitars. I joined a forum with the username stevestrat, my first name is Steve and I'm into Fender Stratocasters or Strats and it kinda stuck, my guitar work "business" is even Steve's Strats.

MattyC
13th December 2012, 00:40
Mine comes from .org... but it's origins are loosely related to the name on my birth certificate :)

tdi90
13th December 2012, 01:45
Mine is from the first forum I ever joined which was the ford galaxy owners club.

My Galaxy was a diesel with the Vag group TDi engine, and it was 90bhp

TDi90

bassman
15th December 2012, 22:27
bassman......One day on a fishing excursion.....3 of us discovered we could catch bass, fishing off a beach next to Torness (Nuclear) Power Station....

We then discovered(even before the Dunbar boys did), that fishing in the warm water outlet of the Power Station(gushing out at a rate of something silly like 2 million gallons a minute) we could catch even more bass....We found various outlets in the Newcastle region who were willing to pay £3 a lb for our fish.....sometimes upto £400 a time, 3 or 4 times a week...but some of them required receipts for their money, so I signed them bob the bassman...It was such a good time I carried the name onto a lot of forums....

The guy I fished with was brilliant(caught a lot more than me) invented his own mold for putting a designated/varied weight on the lure that made it dive in the water(wriggling its tail).....we called it a leadhead(and caught £1000's worth with it)..........which is also my name on other forums.....

Wow.....brings back happy memories......Sadly the fish arent as prolific now, and the Dunbar boys got a bit jealous and started burning cars.....

Astraeus
15th December 2012, 23:47
bassman......One day on a fishing excursion.....3 of us discovered we could catch bass, fishing off a beach next to Torness (Nuclear) Power Station....

We then discovered(even before the Dundee boys did), that fishing in the warm water outlet of the Power Station(gushing out at a rate of something silly like 2 million gallons a minute) we could catch even more bass....We found various outlets in the Newcastle region who were willing to pay £3 a lb for our fish.....sometimes upto £400 a time, 3 or 4 times a week...but some of them required receipts for their money, so I signed them bob the bassman...It was such a good time I carried the name onto a lot of forums....

The guy I fished with was brilliant(caught a lot more than me) invented his own mold for putting a designated/varied weight on the lure that made it dive in the water(wriggling its tail).....we called it a leadhead(and caught £1000's worth with it)..........which is also my name on other forums.....

Wow.....brings back happy memories......Sadly the fish arent as prolific now, and the Dundee boys got a bit jealous and started burning cars.....

What is the Dundee Boys bit about?

Chris

bassman
16th December 2012, 19:50
What is the Dundee Boys bit about?

Chris

I was just about to PM you the story when I realised it should be Dunbar, not Dundee

Sorry to all those in and around Dundee.

I will change it in my post...

RPWC
16th December 2012, 20:33
My initials of first and surnames RP and initials of my job.WC

Meths
28th December 2012, 10:24
http://www.car-spot.co.uk/prod_images_large/50706.jpg

Gurgle260
28th December 2012, 22:37
Ah! the 2003 Vintage ....my favourite :wine:

Robert :icon_smile:

yfl211
5th January 2013, 19:38
A yfl211 is a Yamaha standard long flute (such one which you play sideways). I happen to play it in the local brass band.