PDA

View Full Version : Finally I hope my problems are solved!

andyjshaw
5th December 2006, 16:30
Further to my "fuel module failure thread" on the Tech Forum I can now reveal that my problem has been sorted (hopefully).

To cut a long story short I broke down on 1st October on the way to watch Tiger play at The Grove. Instead my beloved (car - not wife!) was towed away. Initially it spent 7 weeks at AJF Motors at Wescott Venture Park. I was told that the fuel module had failed and that they were on back order. This went on for ages and I eventuall took the car to Anthony Betts (an MGR & XPower Centre) in Hemel Hempstead. They refitted all the parts taken out, replaced a sensor and fuse and all ok...

..until last Thursday - broke down again, same symptoms. On the back of a tow truck again!!!

Picked it up today - Betts are 99.9% they have cured it. The fuel injection fuse kept on blowing when going over bumps and around corners (both times I broke down I was going around a roundabout!). It seems that during the installation of my new exhaust from TopGear in Aylesbury, they put some wires back in the wrong position which made them tight and they rubbed bare and then earthed whenever I went over a bump!

I am now happy again!

Happy Christmas to everyone!!!

Andy

Kandyman
5th December 2006, 16:33
Hi andy

well it seems to be a bit a a mare for you but glad it's all sorted for you now.

:)

GreyGhost
5th December 2006, 16:49
Congratulations Andy very pleased to hear you are back in business. I can't imagine having to go through all that pain. I hope everybody has now taken note of what / who caused the problem in the first place.

Have a very happy Christmas yourself you certainly deserve it. :)

Mike
5th December 2006, 19:50
Excellent news Andy :D I'll tell XPart they can return to stock the new fuel assembly they dug out in case you needed it (they are very good :) )

Mike