PDA

View Full Version : T4 Session Meet

Astraeus
7th December 2012, 21:17
Hi

Time for a thread about this. Let us get one organised. I was up in Aberdeen today and met someone and his box of tricks (T4). Had a few things changed and fault codes read. Fault codes and real time readings can tell you a lot about your car. Great machine and a very nice guy who obviously knows his stuff. Now while I cannot say that he would be interested in doing it, I think we should get names together and see if we can get a meeting organised in the New Year. I will help organise if required.
So let's have names of who wants to be included ina Scottish T4 session (fee/donation payable to whoever we get to do it obviously)

Chris

EVENT DISCLAIMER

Please be aware this is not an official 75 & ZT Owners Club meet and as such is not covered by the Club’s public liability insurance. Also the Owners Club take no responsibility for the meet in any way.

Les4048
7th December 2012, 22:16
I'm up for that

Terrorfex
7th December 2012, 23:49
Having met Gary before, I can vouch for his box of tricks and his ability to use said box of tricks.

I'm in.

Wayne B
8th December 2012, 18:34
its a great idea, but I live in the opposite end of the country to you (Portsmouth), so I recon every region should pick up on this idea of yours. Maybe you should put it on the general forum & see what happens.

Wayne

:xmas-smiley-007:

willmoir
8th December 2012, 19:35
i would very keen on this hope it happens

rover54
8th December 2012, 21:10
its a great idea, but I live in the opposite end of the country to you (Portsmouth), so I recon every region should pick up on this idea of yours. Maybe you should put it on the general forum & see what happens.

Wayne

:xmas-smiley-007:
I think everybody would know what would happen. Christopher what a spanking idea to hold a T4 meet, I have been invited to one in Westward Ho tomorrow as Smoggles has asked me to bring my box of tricks. Looking forward to meeting other members as I have never been to Devon. Jim did suggest I move up to Scotland in my defunked thread and I might just do that if T4 meets are going to be held.

Graham1961
9th December 2012, 20:24
Hi

Time for a thread about this. Let us get one organised. I was up in Aberdeen today and met Gary (Lovell) and his box of tricks (T4). Had a few things changed and fault codes read. Fault codes and real time readings can tell you a lot about your car. Great machine and a very nice guy who obviously knows his stuff. Now while I cannot say that he would be interested in doing it, I think we should get names together and see if we can get a meeting organised in the New Year. I will help organise if required.
So let's have names of who wants to be included ina Scottish T4 session (fee/donation payable to whoever we get to do it obviously)

Chris Hi Chris.....I would be interested in this, count me in.

Gurgle260
9th December 2012, 21:29
Im interested too

Robert:xmas-smiley-029:

lady zed
9th December 2012, 21:53
Me also interested :xmas-smiley-029:

FLYER
9th December 2012, 22:00
(1) gary is a top bloke .
(2) i would be up for this .

:iagree::driving:

trikey
9th December 2012, 22:06
I may have a nip across the border (dates permitting) not for any T4 ness, just be good to meet up with the Scottish contingent :)

marinabrian
9th December 2012, 22:21
H'mm, what about a southern Scottish meet, so as not to tread on Gary's toes :shrug:
I'll have to get my passport renewed, unless I can stow away in Trikey's boot ;)
T4 on tour, Wahay !!!
Brian :cool:

lady zed
9th December 2012, 22:27
H'mm, what about a southern Scottish meet, so as not to tread on Gary's toes :shrug:
I'll have to get my passport renewed, unless I can stow away in Trikey's boot ;)
T4 on tour, Wahay !!!

Sounds good Brian!

FLYER
9th December 2012, 22:31
Sounds good Brian!

Seconded lady.

Also always good meeting up with that man of a thousand smiles trikey...

trikey
9th December 2012, 23:56
Passenger seat is always available Brian :)

Not sure about the 1000 smiles bit George, its the only icon I can use on this damn phone :) :) :)

There's 1003 now!!

rover54
10th December 2012, 08:24
T4 on tour, Wahay !!!

T4 on tour, sounds like a pop group, maybe somebody can set up a booking office as there is bound to be interest.

AldoR
12th December 2012, 22:21
Me also interested :xmas-smiley-029:
Me to, now can i dance:-)
:xmas-smiley-039:

Ennine
12th December 2012, 22:28
Me too 100%

trikey
12th December 2012, 23:08
When and where? I will be there if not at work !

Yella Fella
13th December 2012, 09:01
When and where? I will be there if not at work !

I suspect this event will be added to the list of other ideas/event that didnt taken place this year in Scotland :shrug:. Hope Im wrong though.

FLYER
13th December 2012, 14:25
I suspect this event will be added to the list of other ideas/event that didnt taken place this year in Scotland :shrug:. Hope Im wrong though.

Ditto.......:huh:

Astraeus
13th December 2012, 17:01

Hi

I have emailed the regional seccy to get his permission to go ahead and organise this. If I get permission back soon it will be done. Failing that I will just do it informally between us. It will happen. I have already discussed with Gary (Lovell) and he is willing to do it and hopefully we can set a date soon. The likely date is a weekend in March that is suitable to him. Depending on numbers it may very well be worth having a second T4 and Marina Brain has expressed interest in attending. need to find a suitable venue to hold that is not far off motorway network. Would also be better if we can at least get one car at a time under cover.

Suggestions???

Chris :xmas-smiley-020:

suzublu
13th December 2012, 17:07
Gretna???? :xmas-smiley-029:

leigh
13th December 2012, 17:10
I would be interested too Chris

Fusilier
13th December 2012, 17:41

Cracking idea Ronnie, Gretna would be ideal venue as not too far for all of us to travel

Stu

:christmas:

lady zed
13th December 2012, 17:47

Cracking idea Ronnie, Gretna would be ideal venue as not too far for all of us to travel

Stu

:christmas:

I suspect it'll be a tad further north but God loves a trier :lol:

Astraeus
13th December 2012, 17:50
I suspect it'll be a tad further north but God loves a trier :lol:

Hee hee. Well put Scooterchick. Indeed it will be. We have to think not only of where we all are but where Gary is coming from. His first suggestion is somewhere just north of the Forth Bridge. Ideas welcome.

Chris :xmas-smiley-042:

suzublu
13th December 2012, 17:56
Hee hee. Well put Scooterchick. Indeed it will be. We have to think not only of where we all are but where Gary is coming from. His first suggestion is somewhere just north of the Forth Bridge. Ideas welcome.

Chris :xmas-smiley-042:
I was going along with Brian's suggestion of a southern Scotland meet,as well as the one with Gary :xmas-smiley-029:

Fusilier
13th December 2012, 18:01
Ronnie

So was I, would be good to go to this meet again, and meet all our neighbours from across the border, and maybe a good few of us from the North could go, especially as Brian mentioned he would bring his T4. I would be more than willing to pick Brian up and bring him across to the meet

Stu

suzublu
13th December 2012, 18:03
We would have to see what Derek says,if he's still the rep?:huh:

buzzardjohn
13th December 2012, 20:12
ih cris count me in

Graham1961
13th December 2012, 20:55
March would suit me fine as my car will be taxed by then, as for venue's i'm flexible either way......if we can work out which dates in March so i can make sure i will be off/annual leave, that would be great.

Astraeus
15th December 2012, 23:55
March would suit me fine as my car will be taxed by then, as for venue's i'm flexible either way......if we can work out which dates in March so i can make sure i will be off/annual leave, that would be great.

Hi

I am provisionally looking at something that weekend. In the process of trying to organise something a bit different to go along with the T4 sessions. Got a few folk to see this week to firm up idea. Will keep you all posted.

Chris:xmas-smiley-029:

Astraeus
20th December 2012, 16:16
Hi

I am provisionally looking at something that weekend. In the process of trying to organise something a bit different to go along with the T4 sessions. Got a few folk to see this week to firm up idea. Will keep you all posted.

Chris:xmas-smiley-029:

hi

Have spoken to the owners of the place that I think would be a great venue for our T4 meet. It has been passed on to the appropriate bod who will get in touch first week in January. If it comes off I think this might just be something....well...good fun!
(Can't tell you yet...I would have to shoot you! If you attend the meeting on the 28th I might let it slip....)
Chris

Graham1961
20th December 2012, 18:22
hi

Have spoken to the owners of the place that I think would be a great venue for our T4 meet. It has been passed on to the appropriate bod who will get in touch first week in January. If it comes off I think this might just be something....well...good fun!
(Can't tell you yet...I would have to shoot you! If you attend the meeting on the 28th I might let it slip....)
Chris

Will see you at The Hawes on the 28th Chris, your plan sounds good.

Astraeus
21st December 2012, 17:59
Will see you at The Hawes on the 28th Chris, your plan sounds good.

Hi folks.

Got a nice email back from the owner of the site for our meet on 24th and 25th March. Venue near Perth. More to be revealed later but get the date in your diaries we are on!

Oh yes and they said they will be delighted to have us and our event and will sort out some undercover place later so we can do T4 s in comfort. Of course the weather will be fantastic so will not be a concern.

Lovell and Marina Brian have intimated that they will both be interested in attending too. Will be e mailing them to let them know the good news.

and from Morris Leslie LTD -they pass on their good wishes to us all for a Merry Christmas. PM me if you can work out venue!!! (should be enough info there.....)

Chris :xmas-smiley-032:

marinabrian
21st December 2012, 19:19
Booked into my diary ;)
T4 on tour indeed :D
Brian:icon_smile:

FLYER
21st December 2012, 19:29
Excellent news , looks like a goer.:icon_smile:

lady zed
21st December 2012, 22:57
Sounds good!! Will we be allowed a long run?

Terrorfex
21st December 2012, 23:03
A venue near Perth would be laughably convenient for me.

Make it so! :D

Astraeus
22nd December 2012, 00:23
A venue near Perth would be laughably convenient for me.

Make it so! :D

Even closer than you think........ :xmas-smiley-032:

PM your guess!

Astraeus
22nd December 2012, 00:25
Sounds good!! Will we be allowed a long run?

I could give it away if I answer this.....er no! Plenty road outside!

This venue could take you to new heights.....:snowball:
PM your answer...
Chris

Astraeus
22nd December 2012, 11:46
I could give it away if I answer this.....er no! Plenty road outside!

This venue could take you to new heights.....:snowball:
PM your answer...
Chris

Come on folks....

Only one correct reply so far........:shocked:

Chris

lady zed
22nd December 2012, 11:52
Really looking forward to this one now :xmas-smiley-003: will be a great day/weekend! Well done Chris x

Tam
27th December 2012, 04:05
Come on folks....

Only one correct reply so far........:shocked:

Chris
You could say a date with "Destiny" :icon_smile:

I will be there then. Might be an idea to start a new thread with date in title to highlight that something has been sorted out.
P.S. the e-mail wasn't from Graeme Ogilvie was it he's married to my cousin and is Morris Leslie's right hand man?

Astraeus
27th December 2012, 08:22
(1) gary is a top bloke .
(2) i would be up for this .

:iagree::driving:

Hi

I am going to start new thread to find out who will be going but not until I have all the info confirmed. Still awaiting confirmation from Scone Palace and if we are going to get discount at the Skylodge for folk who are travelling. Expecting the info soon. Also need to speak to the guy who runs the Flying training company to negotiate discount and availability of the micro lights and plane. Then the committee of flying club to sort out use of their clubhouse for evening. Spoken in depth with a member of committee but needs to be approved by committee. Don't anticipate any difficulties. I want it sorted before back to work. Then will post thread.
Chris

FLYER
27th December 2012, 17:17
Hi

I am going to start new thread to find out who will be going but not until I have all the info confirmed. Still awaiting confirmation from Scone Palace and if we are going to get discount at the Skylodge for folk who are travelling. Expecting the info soon. Also need to speak to the guy who runs the Flying training company to negotiate discount and availability of the micro lights and plane. Then the committee of flying club to sort out use of their clubhouse for evening. Spoken in depth with a member of committee but needs to be approved by committee. Don't anticipate any difficulties. I want it sorted before back to work. Then will post thread.
Chris

Progress indeed , see you at hawes tmw hopefully.

Astraeus
27th December 2012, 19:06
Progress indeed , see you at hawes tmw hopefully.

Hi
I will be down tomorrow.
Chris

iandb1970
29th December 2012, 21:16
I will be up for this and am looking forward to it!

Astraeus
29th December 2012, 22:30
I will be up for this and am looking forward to it!
Hi
I look forward to meeting you there. Further information will be posted soon.

Chris

Jim Jamieson
30th December 2012, 15:40
Yes I would also be up for this but I can only drive one car at a time.

Will speak with the boss and maybe make a weekend out of it with the caravan and she could bring my V6 up. Do I get a discount for 2 LOL

Option 2 of course is to come down to sunny Ayrshire where we "almost" always get fine weather, well it was better than Spain last March.

Anyways will look forward to it and perhaps I will have my CD working by then !

JYJ

Astraeus
3rd January 2013, 19:31
Hi all

Quick update on our weekend. I hope to have full info posted this weekend. Scone Palace have confirmed our private tour on Sunday afternoon and are going to allow us and our cars onto the gravel in front of the Palalce for Photos! Spoken to Skylodge so that in order and have confirmed that we are getting group rates for short flights from the Airport in microlights or microlight plane. Music organised (Thanks Anna ) and waiting on official word back on joint barbie (Q that is not the doll obviously!) with the Flying Club. So hope to have all prices and timetable etc posted by Sunday night. Our event will be open to any members of the club and not just Scottish members. can't wait personally!

Chris

derekosb
3rd January 2013, 22:19
Have to say Chris you are doing a fabulous job in setting this up.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to assist.

Apologies to everyone for my absence of late.

Happy new year to everyone.

Derek

AldoR
7th January 2013, 23:05
Hotels ,which one, where, how mutch per room, or person thanks:}

Yella Fella
8th January 2013, 07:35

Aldo, all the details are on the other 'T4' thread.
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=133336&page=2

FLYER
8th January 2013, 08:00

Skylodge at airport. 41 squids a night for a double.

Only 23 rooms so be quick . Im in :D

Terrorfex
8th January 2013, 21:35
Skylodge at airport. 41 squids a night for a double.

Only 23 rooms so be quick . Im in :D

There's a variety of hotels in Perth City Centre, including a Travelodge about two miles drive (in a straight line) from the Airfield. I can advise anyone on travel arrangements and, if necessary, I'll convoy with anyone heading from Perth to Scone if they need the assistance.

kbonney88
27th January 2013, 19:19
Hi all,

yep - count me in, I didn't realise this was going on til just now - lol..

teach me not to keep up to date..

anyway, will look forward to it.. Is it defo the sunday monday? 24/25th??

if so - I can make the sunday, but will be working monday..

I also live and work in Perth, am up here on my own at the moment - so I can put 1 person up if need be - providing they dont mind sleeping on the couch?

so, if anyone needs accom - let me know...

Kindest regards, Kev B.

FLYER
27th January 2013, 19:24
Hi all,

yep - count me in, I didn't realise this was going on til just now - lol..

teach me not to keep up to date..

anyway, will look forward to it.. Is it defo the sunday monday? 24/25th??

if so - I can make the sunday, but will be working monday..

I also live and work in Perth, am up here on my own at the moment - so I can put 1 person up if need be - providing they dont mind sleeping on the couch?

so, if anyone needs accom - let me know...

Kindest regards, Kev B.its actually the saturday and sunday.

some are staying friday night but most saturday night.

Dragrad
27th January 2013, 20:22
Thread locked at Op's request to avoid confusion with the current thread..

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=133336