PDA

View Full Version : How to 'reset' the fuel flap on a Tourer

r44712
5th December 2006, 22:00
Does anyone here know how to reset the fuel flap on a Tourer so it locks again kindly having had the "emergency release" pulled?

TIA.

Keith
6th December 2006, 11:36
That's a good one, pass though, I thought the release pull was just sort of sprung loaded so should have sprung back, has it?

r44712
8th December 2006, 09:25
Its been well and truely yanked-on kindly by a bodyshop :clap:, just dangles and needs to be pushed home. The fuel cap no longer locks, either! :(

dan75
8th December 2006, 09:52
hi!I had the same problem!!! well ,just remove near side boot inner panel,get to flap mechanism ,while moving it backwards and forwards press central locking button the same direction.it worked on mine!good luck!!!!:)

Christopher
8th December 2006, 09:53
Its been well and truely yanked-on kindly by a bodyshop :clap:, just dangles and needs to be pushed home. The fuel cap no longer locks, either! :)

That sort of suggests something is broken doesn't it? Can you disassemble it and take a look at it??

r44712
8th December 2006, 11:24
That sort of suggests something is broken doesn't it? Can you disassemble it and take a look at it??

I'm basically fishing for ideas at the moment before I start pulling things apart, just in case anyone else had any ideas I could try before I broke it more than it is already... :angel: