PDA

View Full Version : Hollow tree meet Sunday 20th January

rich17865
23rd December 2012, 17:02
Sorry for some forced absence at the moment, I have no pc at present, so struggling on...

Our next Sunday meet will be on the 20th Jan 2013 at 12pm at the Hollow Tree in Stretton.

I will be there as always and understand we will be welcoming some new members along too.

See you there :)

Please be aware that regional meets are not official 75 & ZT Owners Clubs meets and as such are not covered by the clubs public liability insurance.
Also the Owners Club take no responsibility for the meet in any way.

vindaloo
24th December 2012, 18:41
Count me in as usual, weather permitting of course.

J1MBO
26th December 2012, 15:02
Plus me :cool:

andyg2011
26th December 2012, 15:05
Sorry for some forced absence at the moment, I have no pc at present, so struggling on...

Our next Sunday meet will be on the 20th Jan 2013 at 12pm at the Hollow Tree in Stretton.

I will be there as always and understand we will be welcoming some new members along too.

See you there :)

Please be aware that regional meets are not official 75 & ZT Owners Clubs meets and as such are not covered by the clubs public liability insurance.
Also the Owners Club take no responsibility for the meet in any way.

am really going to try for this as i have a prezzie for sid (its very overdue)

ssizefive
4th January 2013, 19:14
Can you put me on the list for this one please.

Steve.

andyg2011
4th January 2013, 19:42

Steve.

awwww Steve mate it will be so nice to see you mate

rich17865
6th January 2013, 16:22

Steve.

Of course, see you there :D

MattyC
7th January 2013, 16:06
I should be there :)

fse73549
12th January 2013, 18:47
If all goes to plan I will do my best to turn up. After 9 months on the dark side I am (will be) the owner of a 75 again next Saturday so should be able to come back to the fold. It will be nice to see some old and perhaps new faces.

rich17865
12th January 2013, 21:34
If all goes to plan I will do my best to turn up. After 9 months on the dark side I am (will be) the owner of a 75 again next Saturday so should be able to come back to the fold. It will be nice to see some old and perhaps new faces.

It will be great to see you there :}

MattyC
16th January 2013, 02:08
I might be running a little late to this, if at all, as I have a friends birthday night out in Liverpool on the Saturday night, so might not be sober enough to drive the next day. I'll try my best to make it however.

Apologies if I don't.

rich17865
18th January 2013, 12:27
Despite the inclement weather, and the fact that I am on a 2 night stag do, this meet is still on.

As soon as you get on any main road the traffic is fine, so as long as I survive the next 2 days I will see you there :D

ssizefive
18th January 2013, 13:38
If the roads are clear i will be there - if one of you could let me know Sunday morning if there are problems on the roads over that way it would be appreciated. I am aiming to leave here around 10.30ish.

Steve.

Frank Incensed
18th January 2013, 13:51
Hi Steve

I think it's the Pennines you have to worry about. Once you get to Manchester it's flat towards The Hollow Tree - which it's right next to the M56 - so that part of the journey should be OK.
Those hills were put there by God to try to keep Yorkshiremen out of Lancashire.:D If it's OK at your end, you shouldn't have a problem.:}

Robert

PS. If you set out at 10.30, you might be first there and waiting for the pub to open.

J1MBO
18th January 2013, 14:01
If the roads are clear i will be there - if one of you could let me know Sunday morning if there are problems on the roads over that way it would be appreciated. I am aiming to leave here around 10.30ish.

Steve.

Hi Steve

I think it's the Pennines you have to worry about. Once you get to Manchester it's flat towards The Hollow Tree - which it's right next to the M56 - so that part of the journey should be OK.
Those hills were put there by God to try to keep Yorkshiremen out of Lancashire.:D If it's OK at your end, you shouldn't have a problem.:}

Robert

PS. If you set out at 10.30, you might be first there and waiting for the pub to open.

Steve I'm in agreement with Roberts comments :D.

The forecast for the area isn't for any more snow, after today, until the early hours of Sunday night/Monday morning and then only a light cover. It's currently forecasted to be cold, circa 1 deg, and cloudy Sunday lunchtime.

See you there :D I'll make sure you don't have to park next to a Festa ;) HONEST!

ssizefive
18th January 2013, 14:13
Thanks guys :} & a special thanks to Jim for keeping me away from the Fiesta:D

Steve

vindaloo
18th January 2013, 17:26
Jim, I may park the wife's Civic next to your Fiesta for company as I may well arrive in that as it's got M & S tyres fitted. Given the temperatures I think we may well be conducting 100% of the meeting indoors.

ssizefive
18th January 2013, 18:47
Jim, I may park the wife's Civic next to your Fiesta for company as I may well arrive in that as it's got M & S tyres fitted. Given the temperatures I think we may well be conducting 100% of the meeting indoors.

Is this turning into a non 75 /ZT owners meet? Just wondering if i should come in my Fiesta and stop the Rover getting dirty :D:D

Steve.

J1MBO
18th January 2013, 18:56

Is this turning into a non 75 /ZT owners meet? Just wondering if i should come in my Fiesta and stop the Rover getting dirty :D:D

Steve.

I'm saying nothing.................:o:getmecoat:

Frank Incensed
18th January 2013, 18:56
........it's got M & S tyres fitted.........

Hmmmm! Mrs Incensed has got some M&S vouchers. Wonder if they've got any tyres in the sales? I'll send her to have a look while I rummage through the underwear and party dresses! :D

vindaloo
18th January 2013, 19:24
Hmmmm! Mrs Incensed has got some M&S vouchers. Wonder if they've got any tyres in the sales? I'll send her to have a look while I rummage through the underwear and party dresses! :D

Robert, I thought you would have been more at home with the letters the other way round;)

Frank Incensed
18th January 2013, 20:30
Robert, I thought you would have been more at home with the letters the other way round;)

I've had to find other deviances since people like Rihanna made it mainstream! :D

(S & M tyres - are they the ones that de-laminate and give your wheel arches a good thrashing?)

vindaloo
18th January 2013, 20:58
No they are the cheap Chinese ones soft and mushy

Frank Incensed
18th January 2013, 23:49
No they are the cheap Chinese ones soft and mushy

Well that's no good! Just shows - good abuse doesn't come cheap.

James.uk
19th January 2013, 02:12
The M67 and M60 are clear of snow. Just a light dusting at my place.. Not even cold enough to freeze up my pond pump yet.. :shrug:

And our Robert should try reading in colour.. lol...

carguy143
19th January 2013, 12:22
Not sure if I'll be coming to this one or not, I've got my 2 year old for the full weekend and I don't know if she'd behave enough at the meet without getting bored.

ssizefive
19th January 2013, 12:45
Not sure if I'll be coming to this one or not, I've got my 2 year old for the full weekend and I don't know if she'd behave enough at the meet without getting bored.

It's a shame Bob isn't coming - i'm sure ASBO dog would have kept her occupied :D

Steve

Frank Incensed
19th January 2013, 15:42
The M67 and M60 are clear of snow. Just a light dusting at my place.. Not even cold enough to freeze up my pond pump yet.. :shrug:

And our Robert should try reading in colour.. lol...

We have a water barrel in the garden with an inch or so of ice on top. I'll have to break through it before I can have my Sunday bath.

I take it you're eluding to the Kindle I got Mrs Incensed for Christmas, which is in black, white and 50 shades of grey. Having said that, a lot of the fiction Mrs Incensed has downloaded seems to be a vivid shade of blue.:shrug: But it it wouldn't look any different to you, Bob.;)

James.uk
19th January 2013, 16:14
I can't come, Dr orders innit. I must stay out of cold air.. And also have to avoid enclosed places where people gather. Must try not to catch a cold innit... :o

I can see 50 shades of Grey Robert, trouble is, most people see colours :D. Actually I can usually see Blues.. Not always though.. :shrug:

Frank Incensed
19th January 2013, 16:28
I can't come, Dr orders innit. I must stay out of cold air.. And also have to avoid enclosed places where people gather. Must try not to catch a cold innit......

Shame that, Bob. Have to try and tempt you out if the weather gets a bit warmer.:)

DerekS
19th January 2013, 22:37
Well Theres a fine kettle of fish, I put the date in the calendar , remembered to look at it too, washed me face an all, and now ive got a nose-dripping lurgy thing . So to prevent it mutillationing and spreading I reluctantly have to give this meet a miss. Have fun with the snowballs . Derek.:o

J1MBO
19th January 2013, 22:55
Well Theres a fine kettle of fish, I put the date in the calendar , remembered to look at it too, washed me face an all, and now ive got a nose-dripping lurgy thing . So to prevent it mutillationing and spreading I reluctantly have to give this meet a miss. Have fun with the snowballs . Derek.:o

Sorry to hear that Derek, get well soon, see you at the next one :D.

vindaloo
20th January 2013, 09:56
Hope you feel better soon Derek, see you at the next one.

carguy143
20th January 2013, 11:13
We're coming. Thought the meet was at one. I have a passenger, hope nobody minds..

carguy143
20th January 2013, 15:47
What a nice meet, had a good afternoon.

I would however like to apologise if the actions of my ex turning up like that made anyone feel uncomfortable.

Rik.

rich17865
20th January 2013, 16:04
What a nice meet, had a good afternoon.

I would however like to apologise if the actions of my ex turning up like that made anyone feel uncomfortable.

Rik.

We all had a great time to be honest Rik, she only (in my opinion and possibly that of others) made herself look silly!

It was nice to meet your daughter, it was a shame that she didn't get to play with Emily, hey ho :shrug:

rich17865
20th January 2013, 16:11
Just another point, we did notice that a new member arrived in a Solar Red ZT but couldn't find us.

There is a thread at the top of the North West Members forum which says to send me a PM for my phone number if you are having trouble finding us. I have access to the forum whilst at the meets.

Also it would appear that asking the bar staff doesn't always result in finding us either as there is a high turnover of staff, the management however do know who we are, if you are not being told who we are ask for a manager!

vindaloo
20th January 2013, 16:32
We all had a great time to be honest Rik, she only (in my opinion and possibly that of others) made herself look silly!

It was nice to meet your daughter, it was a shame that she didn't get to play with Emily, hey ho :shrug:

I agree with Rich, she was the one looking sad & silly. Rik, we all wish you well for the future.

It was a really good meet considering the cold weather, roll on the next one.

J1MBO
20th January 2013, 16:41
For some, down the other end of the table deep in conversation unaware, it wasn't a noticable issue Rik.

Great time, a few photo's as members were leaving:-

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk232/jimbo180649/The%2075%20and%20ZT%20Owners%20Club/20130120_161215_zps455b0023.jpg

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk232/jimbo180649/The%2075%20and%20ZT%20Owners%20Club/20130120_161235_zps7dda8a8c.jpg

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk232/jimbo180649/The%2075%20and%20ZT%20Owners%20Club/20130120_161247_zpsbc6067c9.jpg

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk232/jimbo180649/The%2075%20and%20ZT%20Owners%20Club/20130120_161252_zps0bf777b1.jpg

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk232/jimbo180649/The%2075%20and%20ZT%20Owners%20Club/20130120_161300_zps3b123e8c.jpg

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk232/jimbo180649/The%2075%20and%20ZT%20Owners%20Club/20130120_161313_zps7e142984.jpg

sorry I missed your car Steve, you'd already left :(.

See you all at the next one :D.

carguy143
20th January 2013, 16:57
Thanks everyone. Looking forward to the next one. :beer:

ssizefive
20th January 2013, 17:35
I had a great afternoon & some good food too! Sorry i missed the photoshoot Jim, I had to get back to Yorkshire before the border closed :D

Rik, i saw what happened & couldn't believe it - your little one was perfectly happy where she was. I really feel for you & hope it gets sorted soon.

Look forward to the next meet.

Steve.

Frank Incensed
20th January 2013, 18:40
For some, down the other end of the table deep in conversation unaware, it wasn't a noticable issue Rik.

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk232/jimbo180649/The%2075%20and%20ZT%20Owners%20Club/20130120_161313_zps7e142984.jpg

I didn't know what had happened until everyone was leaving and Rik was talking about it. So sorry, I hope things don't get any more upsetting for you Rik.

No, I haven't decided to change the colour of the car to "Disappointing Grey". That's simply the result of a 15 mile blast down the M56. I deliberately parked next to Jim's beautiful Copperleaf ex-press Tourer (which he'd just finished peeling the cling film off, when I rolled up at about 13.30 :D) so that comparisons could be made.

No, Rich hasn't been caught trying to hot-wire a Rover. Here, he's just taken out the fuse for my auto gearbox, hoping that it would re-set to default. Comparing our 2 cars, we had found that his auto goes into "neutral" at about 60 mph under deceleration, whereas mine "engine brakes" until about 40 mph.:shrug:

After the journey home, I have to report that this doesn't seem to have made the slightest bit of difference. The thought now occurs "Is there a difference between the way Tourer and Saloon gearbox ECU's are programmed?" :shrug: IIRC Tourers have uprated brake servos to help cope with stopping more weight.

Nice to see everyone again and thanks Rich for the drive in your car. It was eye-opening! ;)

Good to see Chris and his Firefrost MG ZT. A car with some very nice features. :}

vindaloo
20th January 2013, 20:02
I had a great afternoon & some good food too! Sorry i missed the photoshoot Jim, I had to get back to Yorkshire before the border closed :D

Rik, i saw what happened & couldn't believe it - your little one was perfectly happy where she was. I really feel for you & hope it gets sorted soon.

Look forward to the next meet.

Steve.

Steve, sorry I didn't get to talk to you until it was time to say cheerio, there was just so many people there today, a great meeting. Hopefully catch up with you soon.

vindaloo
20th January 2013, 20:04
JIMBO great pictures as usual, but I think even your's have been overshadowed today by Rik's lovely picture:D

vindaloo
20th January 2013, 20:07
.................The thought now occurs "Is there a difference between the way Tourer and Saloon gearbox ECU's are programmed?" :shrug: IIRC Tourers have uprated brake servos to help cope with stopping more weight.
:}

My Tourer behaves the same as Rich's saloon, maybe the difference is between pre and post facelift?:shrug: