PDA

View Full Version : The Hawes Inn meet 25/1/13

Graham1961
30th December 2012, 20:29
The next "famous meet" at The Hawes Inn will be Friday 25/1/13.

The Hawes Inn.
Newhalls Road.
South Queensferry.....Parking on the Promenade from 5.30pm.

EVENT DISCLAIMER

Please be aware this is not an official 75 & ZT Owners Club meet and as such is not covered by the Club’s public liability insurance. Also the Owners Club take no responsibility for the meet in any way.

Astraeus
31st December 2012, 08:46

The Hawes Inn.
Newhalls Road.

Hi Graham

Alas we will not be there this time. See you all at February meeting though.

Chris

EVENT DISCLAIMER

Please be aware this is not an official 75 & ZT Owners Club meet and as such is not covered by the Club’s public liability insurance. Also the Owners Club take no responsibility for the meet in any way.

Hi Graham

Alas we will not be there this time. See you all at February meeting though.

Chris

iandb1970
31st December 2012, 15:30
As a newbie I will try and make it (I hope I can) as I would like to meet fellow sufferers of 75 love and I will probably pick a few brains also. But how do I recognise you all? What are the signs? Is it like a blind date - do I look for key fobs on the table (in fact that sounds more like an orgy!) or do I look for stereotypical old men who look slightly depressed! Either way I am looking forward to it already!

Gurgle260
31st December 2012, 17:14
Rover Owners wear cardigans and have flat caps , us ZT owners wear shades (even indoors) and Elvis style jackets (turned up at the collars of course)

Happy New Year to All when it comes

Robert (ZT Owner) :icon_smile::icon_smile:

FLYER
31st December 2012, 17:39
As a newbie I will try and make it (I hope I can) as I would like to meet fellow sufferers of 75 love and I will probably pick a few brains also. But how do I recognise you all? What are the signs? Is it like a blind date - do I look for key fobs on the table (in fact that sounds more like an orgy!) or do I look for stereotypical old men who look slightly depressed! Either way I am looking forward to it already!Good point , i have always thought that some folk come into the HAWES and as we dont have it stamped on our forehead walk right back out again .LOL.

look for a waitress aged about 55 with a very long pigtail [hair] and ask her where the nutters who turn up once a month are . LOL.

failing that look for a table with about 8 folk [ gormless looking types] at it around about 7.30 .

That apart you could easily miss us :icon_smile:

iandb1970
31st December 2012, 18:41
Looks like I was about right - I will bring my pipe and slippers! See you there!

Astraeus
1st January 2013, 10:52
Rover Owners wear cardigans and have flat caps , us ZT owners wear shades (even indoors) and Elvis style jackets (turned up at the collars of course)

Happy New Year to All when it comes

Robert (ZT Owner) :icon_smile::icon_smile:

Hi

260 owners wear Shell, Texaco or BP jackets.....they are never away from petrol pumps!

Chris :xmas-smiley-032:

Gurgle260
1st January 2013, 14:33
Funny you should say that..my mum used to manage a filling station years ago and I used to help out there........so maybe it is a subconscious thing that made me buy a ZT260 so that I could again use the petrol pumps more often.......

....then again it may just be the deep thobbing engine, note and oodles of torque that swayed it (Morris Minor Owners won't know what I'm talking about!!)

Robert :xmas-smiley-003:

Astraeus
2nd January 2013, 14:49
Funny you should say that..my mum used to manage a filling station years ago and I used to help out there........so maybe it is a subconscious thing that made me buy a ZT260 so that I could again use the petrol pumps more often.......

....then again it may just be the deep thobbing engine, note and oodles of torque that swayed it (Morris Minor Owners won't know what I'm talking about!!)

Robert :xmas-smiley-003:

My pal worked in a Shell garage around 1984 ish. Fine collection of crystal glasses and decanters our respective parents had!
:xmas-smiley-003:
Chris

Gurgle260
3rd January 2013, 12:24
I believe we are still using 2 of the original Esso set I got years ago!! :o

Also in the garage I still have one of the original green Castrol oil fillers (with the spout) which came from my filling station days

Robert

Terrorfex
4th January 2013, 22:59
I should be making this one.

AldoR
5th January 2013, 12:10

The Hawes Inn.
Newhalls Road.

EVENT DISCLAIMER

FLYER
5th January 2013, 17:34
Parking on the promenade around 530pm your kean, so what time is the meal at

Lol.

Graham does like a laugh.

Meal at 7.30 turn up anytime that suits pre m:icon_smile:ealtime.

AldoR
5th January 2013, 20:44
With the meets always at the Hawes inn is this due to the( location/habit /centre point for everyone) as there is plenty of good restaurants which offer good value for money in the west of Scotland.

FLYER
5th January 2013, 21:34
With the meets always at the Hawes inn is this due to the( location/hadit/centre point for everyone) as there is plenty of good restaurants which offer good value for money in the west of Scotland.
Folk come frpm dundee perth north berwick etc so as a meet point it,s not bad , this was originally the east of scotland monthly mini meet and is now well into it,s 2nd year.

It is if you like a monthly habit and on the lighter nights the view is worth the trip alone.

I get your point though it,s just that I like the place , food aint special but it,s not really just about food.

Thats my slant on it anyway.

Astraeus
5th January 2013, 22:23
Folk come frpm dundee perth north berwick etc so as a meet point it,s not bad , this was originally the east of scotland monthly mini meet and is now well into it,s 2nd year.

It is if you like a monthly habit and on the lighter nights the view is worth the trip alone.

I get your point though it,s just that I like the place , food aint special but it,s not really just about food.

Hi

Best place for all on a regular basis. Ease of access to us all. It is also easy to park there and of course Helga!

Chris

Graham1961
6th January 2013, 11:43
Parking on the promenade around 530pm your kean, so what time is the meal at
I normally just put from 5.30pm as if I'm leaving after my work, thats the time i usually arrive, I usually have a walk along the promenade and look at the quaint wee shops till folk arrive, the meal is always 7.30/8.00pm, in the warmer/lighter evenings we have on occations walked along to the chippie for fish suppers and sat on the prom instead 9f the Hawes, but fish and chips in the hawes is far, far better

Tim_Burgess
6th January 2013, 12:10
With the meets always at the Hawes inn is this due to the( location/habit /centre point for everyone) as there is plenty of good restaurants which offer good value for money in the west of Scotland.

I definitely think there's a place for a similar meet over in the west. Nothing against the Hawes, it's a great location but for me it's a 180 mile round trip, and I guess a few others can't be far off that; factor in the fuel as well as the food and it's not a cheap night out. So I wouldn't go over every month and something closer would be good.

I know we tried the Osprey at Newton Mearns (also Vintage Inns) Last Summer and Largs earlier in the year so there's plenty of places to try in the west, or even in the middle (Stirling maybe?).

Gurgle260
11th January 2013, 16:55
Now that things have settled down again after Christmas / New Year I think we will be able to make it along at for the meal at the end of the month

Robert and Lauralin

Astraeus
11th January 2013, 21:48
Now that things have settled down again after Christmas / New Year I think we will be able to make it along at for the meal at the end of the month

Robert and Lauralin

Hi

I may make it after all. Would like to be there so fingers crossed.
:)
Chris

rapid6
11th January 2013, 21:57
Well, seeing as i pick up my new ztt next week all going well i may just pop over....if i dont forget the date.

Astraeus
12th January 2013, 09:38
Well, seeing as i pick up my new ztt next week all going well i may just pop over....if i dont forget the date.

Hi

That will be good......not that I am envious of course...
Any pictures?
Chris

FLYER
13th January 2013, 19:51
Well, seeing as i pick up my new ztt next week all going well i may just pop over....if i dont forget the date.always the last friday of the month , see you there :D

AldoR
15th January 2013, 20:50
We will try and make this one all pending on work commitment :) put our name to the list for time being.

tricia1470
16th January 2013, 15:15
Hi guys I cant make it again due to crappy shifts but this should help remember me LOL

http://www.vintageinn.co.uk/thehawesinnsouthqueensferry//januaryoffer/?utm_source=Communicator&utm_medium=Email&utm_content=ContentLink_MainImage&utm_campaign=25Off_Jan_Extended

another 25% off voucher x

FLYER
16th January 2013, 15:25
Hi guys I cant make it again due to crappy shifts but this should help remember me LOL

http://www.vintageinn.co.uk/thehawesinnsouthqueensferry//januaryoffer/?utm_source=Communicator&utm_medium=Email&utm_content=ContentLink_MainImage&utm_campaign=25Off_Jan_Extended

another 25% off voucher x

Excellent trish.

Could somebody print this off and bring it . Ta.

rapid6
16th January 2013, 17:28
Hi

That will be good......not that I am envious of course...
Any pictures?
Chris

Here you go folks, its the only one i have at the moment.

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb446/thestripler/T2eC16VHJHoE9n3Ke5MmBQ5ufHCFi_12_zps50a79066.jpg

Astraeus
16th January 2013, 17:51
Here you go folks, its the only one i have at the moment.

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb446/thestripler/T2eC16VHJHoE9n3Ke5MmBQ5ufHCFi_12_zps50a79066.jpg

Hope to see it there. Looks pretty good! Fancy a nice TT

Chris

rapid6
16th January 2013, 17:53
Hope to see it there. Looks pretty good! Fancy a nice TT

Chris

TT? whats that mate

FLYER
16th January 2013, 21:47
tt? Whats that mateztt...........

Graham1961
17th January 2013, 11:19
I will wait till next week before booking a table (or two) so i have an idea how many will be there, but as always i will play safe and book for more seats incase anyone wants to come at the last min. ;)

Astraeus
20th January 2013, 15:35
TT? whats that mate

ZT-T naturally.....don't fancy the Deutsh version of course!

:D:D

Chris

Graham1961
22nd January 2013, 23:14
Table booked at Hawes Inn for between 7.30/8.00pm Friday 25th.

buzzardjohn
23rd January 2013, 12:53
sorry to leave it to late is there room for two more thanks

FLYER
23rd January 2013, 13:38
sorry to leave it to late is there room for two more thanks

No probs.

The more the merrier.

buzzardjohn
23rd January 2013, 18:09
thanks for that be up about 6,30pm what time is it on two

Graham1961
23rd January 2013, 18:38
thanks for that be up about 6,30pm what time is it on two

Hi there.....I will be there about 5.30pm and i usually have a walk along the promenade and watch out for folk coming..meal booked for 7.30/8.00pm, but there is no set time it's on to, we are usually heading home 9.30/10pm-ish as some members travel a fair bit and with the winter conditions at the moment may wish to set off home earlier, but look forward to seeing you both......ps I booked a table for 10 so you will be fine..:)

buzzardjohn
23rd January 2013, 18:46
thanks for that see you friday

Gurgle260
24th January 2013, 18:13
Looks like we'll definitely be there........finally managed to get the new handbrake compensator fitted to the 260 this week (and it didn't take me 15 minutes!!) , so we should be there at our usual time of around 7.00 - 7.30pm

Robert and Lauralin

AldoR
24th January 2013, 21:10
Well I've got a few jobs on, hopefully we will get then finished for 5pm if so I will pop over:)

Astraeus
25th January 2013, 08:19
Well I've got a few jobs on, hopefully we will get then finished for 5pm if so I will pop over:)

Hi

Due to the now falling snow and an unusual outbreak of common sense (for me!) I will not be coming down tonight. Sorry folks. See you next month.
Chris
:(

FLYER
25th January 2013, 08:36
Hi

Due to the now falling snow and an unusual outbreak of common sense (for me!) I will not be coming down tonight. Sorry folks. See you next month.
Chris
:(

Thats a shame . Dont know what the day holds but we will be there if we can.

Astraeus
25th January 2013, 16:29
Thats a shame . Dont know what the day holds but we will be there if we can.

Hi

Actually wise choice. It has just taken me 25 minutes to get from Tayport to pick up Wendy from work in Newport-on-Tay which is only about 3 miles! Roads terrible and some folk just can't drive on it. Getting quite wet now so I bet it will be gone tomorrow! Typical!
:smilie_re:
Hope you all had a good evening.

Chris

Terrorfex
25th January 2013, 17:54
Well, unfortunately I walked back from work (as all bus services terminated after 1800) to find I'm pretty much buried.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/NSIndy/20130125_183105_31.jpg?t=1359140370

The streets of Perth are dicey, and I haven't even considered the fun that must be the motorway.

As much as I was looking forward to this, common sense means it's just not safe to travel. :(

Gurgle260
25th January 2013, 18:11
Sorry to wimp out but discretion being the better part of valour we will be staying home....waited until the last minute to decide and although the snow has stopped it is still lying here

Wouldn't be out in the 260 anyway and even driving the wifes MG ZS180 today it was a bit twitchy at times....also not helped by folk who don't know how to drive in snow...driving so slowly up hill that they lose momentum and then traction, failing to feed in to traffic by adjusting their speed and so having to stop and then can get going again etc

I think the motorways would be OK but the roads off them may be the worry , especially if it freezes

Look to be at the next one...surely it can't be that bad again!!

Robert

iandb1970
25th January 2013, 20:40
It was my first meet tonight and very enjoyable it was too and good to put some names (most of which I have already forgotten) to usernames. I will certainly be going to more and look forward to meets with more daylight so that I can admire the cars in their full glory.

Cheers, Ian.

ps. Helgar is a pussy cat in my view!

FLYER
25th January 2013, 22:00
Nice to see new faces tonight .

Weather very mild.

See you all at the feb meet.

Helga surprisingly nice .lol
:D

Astraeus
25th January 2013, 22:15
Nice to see new faces tonight .

Weather very mild.

See you all at the feb meet.

Helga surprisingly nice .lol
:D

Hi

You should have seen the snow up here mate! Turning a bit wetter now but roads were very slippy indeed! Hopefully all melted tomorrow.

Chris

FLYER
25th January 2013, 22:39
Hi

You should have seen the snow up here mate! Turning a bit wetter now but roads were very slippy indeed! Hopefully all melted tomorrow.

Chris

Not a flake here or queensferry.
Truly odd weather.

AldoR
26th January 2013, 12:53
Sadly mist that one :( due to work see how we are for next one.

buzzardjohn
26th January 2013, 19:08
first meeting very enjoyable george and graham very helpfull with my rover will be back up feb thanks for good night

Gurgle260
26th January 2013, 23:21
Graham

I left a message with the staff to let you know we wouldn't be there due to the weather....just wondering did they let you know?

Robert

Graham1961
27th January 2013, 08:06
Graham

I left a message with the staff to let you know we wouldn't be there due to the weather....just wondering did they let you know?

Robert

Hi Robert..Yes the staff did let us know, to be honest you would have taken your life in your hands driving in some of the conditions...Did you see Terrorfex's car in the forum ??:eek:

You did the right thing staying at home, anyway thanks for letting me know and i will see you at the February meet......hopefully the conditions will be better.

Graham1961
27th January 2013, 08:13
Another enjoyable evening at The Hawes, met two new members in Buzzard John and his wife and Ian (Ianb1970).

I must mention Helga who was in excellent form, she really was.
(Or was it her twin ?:getmecoat:):D

Astraeus
27th January 2013, 15:11
Another enjoyable evening at The Hawes, met two new members in Buzzard John and his wife and Ian (Ianb1970).

I must mention Helga who was in excellent form, she really was.
(Or was it her twin ?:getmecoat:):D

Mmm. Nope, no twin as there can only be one Helga. A true one off but good fun!

Chris

FLYER
27th January 2013, 16:10
first meeting very enjoyable george and graham very helpfull with my rover will be back up feb thanks for good night

Your very welcome BJ , any questions just ask ,

Nice car BTW and a great price :D