PDA

View Full Version : North West Members Map

rich17865
3rd January 2013, 17:10
If you are interested in attending North West Regional meets and events, please add yourself to the new North West members map.

It would be helpful if you put your forum user name in the name field.

This will help me organise best suited locations for future events.

CLICK HERE FOR THE MAP (http://www.mapservices.org/myguestmap/map/NorthWestMap2)

Please do not use this map for advertising or inappropriate content. If you make a mistake, you have a one hour window to make any changes. Pins added to this map are monitored and if deemed inappropriate will be removed without notice.

To use the map, just zoom into your location, you can drag the map with the left mouse button. Once you have your location left click the mouse and add yourself as per the on screen instruction.

Godfer
3rd January 2013, 17:39
I followed the instructions...and can see nowt!! Is my pin placement subject to Moderation?

rich17865
3rd January 2013, 17:48
I followed the instructions...and can see nowt!! Is my pin placement subject to Moderation?

Nope it should appear straight away, try again, I can always delete it if you make a duplicate map pin.

I have just made it easier to interact with, any further problems, let me know.

Godfer
3rd January 2013, 17:51
All done 'n' dusted!

bobgrice
3rd January 2013, 17:58
i am on :)

andyg2011
3rd January 2013, 18:03
am on too

i have 2 homes lol

manchester and France

:xmas-smiley-003::xmas-smiley-003::xmas-smiley-003::xmas-smiley-003:

James.uk
3rd January 2013, 18:25
I'm on, can't find anyone else though??? :shrug:

Alan.F
4th January 2013, 05:00
added myself

andyg2011
4th January 2013, 06:39
I'm on, can't find anyone else though??? :shrug:

Your looking in Yorkshire lol

I can see 12 markers now

MattyC
4th January 2013, 07:05
Added myself :)

J1MBO
4th January 2013, 13:42
Location added.

You've just got to love Roberts location :eek:

rich17865
4th January 2013, 13:46
Location added.

You've just got to love Roberts location :eek:

Yes, had noticed that, plus did you see where James.UK lives?

J1MBO
4th January 2013, 14:13
Yes, had noticed that, plus did you see where James.UK lives?

Interesting to say the least.

James.uk
5th January 2013, 01:47
Everybody has to be somewhere innit.. :)

Actually I am slightly further North. about 1000 yds from the M67 Jctn.

Based on our locations, the Romper was more central for everyone innit.. :)

scouseeric
5th January 2013, 02:49
Done that.

Eric

Frank Incensed
5th January 2013, 11:29
..............................Based on our locations, the Romper was more central for everyone innit....

:welcome:
Much better vibe at The Hollow Tree - perhaps because we actually go inside and spend a bit of money there. :munch::pepsi:

Don't remember many people doing that at The Romper :flushed:).

bigbird
5th January 2013, 16:23
Im on :xmas-smiley-032:

James.uk
5th January 2013, 16:33
Never tried Vibes.. is it a drink or do we eat it? heh heh..

Last time I went under the Mway bridge at the Hollow tree juction, Mr Plod was on it wiv his speed camera innit.. ooeerr.. so beware!!!

Frank Incensed
5th January 2013, 16:46
Never tried Vibes.. is it a drink or do we eat it? heh heh..

Last time I went under the Mway bridge at the Hollow tree juction, Mr Plod was on it wiv his speed camera innit.. ooeerr.. so beware!!!

Seen a couple of people pulled on that stretch by one of those. Also seen a couple pulled by a silver one in Manchester city centre recently.
I think stealth is on the increase. Funnily enough, I've not seen any of those "private enterprise" vans with speed cameras on top in the last few months.:shrug:

Travelling Man
26th January 2013, 15:58
Added my self - pictures will follow but as a new owner first drive (after collecting it) in the snow was interesting!

J1MBO
26th January 2013, 16:21
Added my self - pictures will follow but as a new owner first drive (after collecting it) in the snow was interesting!

Welcome Chris :D

By all means post pictures of your recent purchase in the general forum so all can see your new pride and joy :cool:.

We also have a dedicated forum gallery that can be found here
:smilie_re: http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=56

Look forward to meeting you in the not so distant future

tdm34
6th February 2013, 09:35
I'm on, Hello everyone!

Frank Incensed
6th February 2013, 11:12
I'm on, Hello everyone!

I've just placed a pin for The Hollow Tree (why didn't I think of that before:shrug:) - so you can find your way to tonight's meeting :D

rich17865
6th February 2013, 11:47
I've just placed a pin for The Hollow Tree (why didn't I think of that before:shrug:) - so you can find your way to tonight's meeting :D

Indeed, why didn't anyone think of that before? (no finger pointing please:o)

rich17865
6th February 2013, 11:50
I'm on, Hello everyone!

Welcome along!

Chas2008
9th February 2013, 10:04
Finally placed my pin, hope I don't drive over it :}

Chas

Boevets
12th February 2013, 16:14
Hello - I'm on be nice, I'm new to this MG Malarkey

Insane kitty
15th February 2013, 22:49
I'm on too although I have added one somewhere else on the forums before!

Or am I genuinely confused???? :confused:

rich17865
16th February 2013, 06:06
I'm on too although I have added one somewhere else on the forums before!

Or am I genuinely confused???? :confused:

You aren't confused, the map was replaced :)

vindaloo
16th February 2013, 08:13
Finally got round to 'pinning' my location

MDRover
11th March 2013, 21:21
Hello Rich and everyone.

Clicked on the map before zoomed in so I'm on it but not actually too near where I live.

Re. my computer skills by the way - if I were up with the latest thing I would probably not have a 75 - I keep putting straw under the front wheels but the horse isn't eating it and I'm sure that petrol can't be good for its stomach.

I was thinking of putting another flag but it could look like manipulating the numbers (or to be more practical - might get billed for double membership fee - and, if I need to rob a bank for that, these cars are a bit too distinctive on the CCTV footage for an easy getaway.

Have fun.

438brad
11th March 2013, 21:52
Hello Rich and everyone.

Clicked on the map before zoomed in so I'm on it but not actually too near where I live.

Re. my computer skills by the way - if I were up with the latest thing I would probably not have a 75 - I keep putting straw under the front wheels but the horse isn't eating it and I'm sure that petrol can't be good for its stomach.

I was thinking of putting another flag but it could look like manipulating the numbers (or to be more practical - might get billed for double membership fee - and, if I need to rob a bank for that, these cars are a bit too distinctive on the CCTV footage for an easy getaway.

Have fun.

Now I've zoomed in, I realise my marker is a few miles from my house as well!:o

rich17865
12th March 2013, 07:00
Hello Rich and everyone.

Have fun.

If you would like to start again, I can delete your pin if you so wish?

Although to be honest, if doesn't have to be perfect, it is to give me an idea for member locations when organising events.

Now I've zoomed in, I realise my marker is a few miles from my house as well!:o

I shouldn't worry :p: It is not like this is a Rover 75 stalkers map :D:D

Frank Incensed
12th March 2013, 13:35
........................Although to be honest, if doesn't have to be perfect, it is to give me an idea for member locations when organising events.
I shouldn't worry. It is not like this is a Rover 75 stalkers map

Well, I was careful to encrypt my location anyway. :D
(Now the evenings are getting lighter, I soon won't be able to come to even the Wednesday night meetings.:()

rich17865
12th March 2013, 17:30
Well, I was careful to encrypt my location anyway. :D
(Now the evenings are getting lighter, I soon won't be able to come to even the Wednesday night meetings.:()

Don't you mean entomb your location :D:D

I am sorry to hear that you are unable to make the evening meets :(

Frank Incensed
12th March 2013, 20:47
I am sorry to hear that you are unable to make the evening meets

If you want me there, you'll have to try to get them to keep the bar open a little later - about half an hour after the sun has set.
Make sure there's nothing containing garlic on the menu - and definitely no stake.:D

MDRover
13th March 2013, 00:06
Hi Rich.
How can a club member not be an obsessive about detail? - and a regional big wig at that? - I though it was essential. lol.
Does that comment to 438brad mean that we aren't allowed to stalk each other's cars either? whoops! No I wasn't honestly and would deny it in court.
By the way though, re the purpose of the map, i can't attend all meets as unusual work shifts and so would not tread on others toes but do like the Hollow Tree - nice pub and car park and gives an excuse for a run - has anyone thought of asking the cars their opinions by the way? (must stop sniffing this petrol).
Have fun. Take care.

RichandPaula
17th April 2013, 11:00
Seemed rude not to so added ourselves to the map now.
"Hi Everyone".
:D

Ken Lion
28th October 2013, 10:50
I've been trying to put myself on this map for a week now but no success.
I can zoom in and drag the map to the location but the left click does nothing, while a double click just zooms in further (right click does not help either).
When I'm hovering on the map the pointer is a hand which changes to a clenched fist when I click or hold the left click button

I've tried it with 3 different browsers with the same result and I use google maps quite a bit anyway.

No doubt I'm doing something stupid (it's been a week for that) but can't see what. Any ideas?

J1MBO
28th October 2013, 11:06
I can zoom in and drag the map to the location but the left click does nothing, while a double click just zooms in further (right click does not help either).
When I'm hovering on the map the pointer is a hand which changes to a clenched fist when I click or hold the left click button

I've tried it with 3 different browsers with the same result and I use google maps quite a bit anyway.

No doubt I'm doing something stupid (it's been a week for that) but can't see what. Any ideas?

Ken it's nothing you're doing wrong, it doesn't seem to be functioning correctly. Iirc a right click brought up the box to enter your location plus details and that's just not happening :shrug:.

rich17865
28th October 2013, 15:17
Ken it's nothing you're doing wrong, it doesn't seem to be functioning correctly. Iirc a right click brought up the box to enter your location plus details and that's just not happening :shrug:.

I will take a look at it.

DerekS
29th October 2013, 23:37
Apparently I live in a field , nowhere near my true address. Discourages unwanted visitors I suppose . :)

mdhillug03
31st October 2013, 08:46
cant add myself to the map! :(

J1MBO
31st October 2013, 15:35

There seems to be an issue with the map at present, I'm sure Rich will advise in due course :cool:.

rich17865
31st October 2013, 16:14

There seems to be an issue with the map at present, I'm sure Rich will advise in due course :cool:.

Ok boys and girls, it should be working again now.

Plus I have added a search box at the top, you can put in your postcode and the map will zoom to that point and you can add your marker.

Or the single left click should let you add a pin also.

If anyone has any problems with it, let me know :D

rich17865
31st October 2013, 16:15
Apparently I live in a field , nowhere near my true address. Discourages unwanted visitors I suppose . :)

Do you want to place a new marker pin?

I can delete your old one if you like :shrug:

Ken Lion
31st October 2013, 18:46
Hi Rich,
Just tried it with 4 different browsers (IE, Chrome, Opera & Firefox) but just as before with all of them.
Don't know if it's just me - anyone else been successful since it was fixed?

(I can see the postcode box, which takes you to the location but that doesn't allow me to create an entry either)

rich17865
31st October 2013, 18:55
Hi Rich,
Just tried it with 4 different browsers (IE, Chrome, Opera & Firefox) but just as before with all of them.

How strange, I have just tried it again and it works fine, I can add pins.

All I am doing it left clicking on the map once, it brings up a box to enter your name, a message and a link, and choose your pin colour, then press Place!

Have you refreshed the pages? sometimes it loads a cached version.

Let me know if you are seeing the search box at the top of the page.

fusilier50
31st October 2013, 19:47
Hi Rich,

same thing happens with me. can move around the map and zoom in. search bar works but cant drop a pin

Ken Lion
31st October 2013, 20:29
same thing happens with me. can move around the map and zoom in. search bar works but cant drop a pin

Maybe something this club has against Radcliffe residents?
We're just not good enough :D

I've tried to refresh several times and even rebooted.
I'm a bit loathe to turn off the cache, lest I mess up all my other regular sites - not sure that I can do it for just this site.
I'll see if I can delete the cookies for this site on my pc - if you never hear from me again I may have been too successful :)

rich17865
31st October 2013, 20:43
It is a free members map, it is notorious for being glitchy, messages to the people who run the website seem fruitless.

Sorry if it is not working, but I am afraid I have done what I can.

If you want to be added, I can do this for you if you have no joy.

fusilier50
31st October 2013, 21:42
ive sent you a pm

It is a free members map, it is notorious for being glitchy, messages to the people who run the website seem fruitless.

Sorry if it is not working, but I am afraid I have done what I can.

If you want to be added, I can do this for you if you have no joy.

J1MBO
1st November 2013, 00:16
Tried it again Rich, I still have no joy, left click zooms in and right click zooms out :shrug:

rich17865
1st November 2013, 07:30
I have tried again and the map is working on several browsers, whether I am logged in or not :shrug:

I have added the people who have sent me a PM asking me to do so.

Ken Lion
1st November 2013, 09:16
I have tried again and the map is working on several browsers, whether I am logged in or not :shrug:

I have added the people who have sent me a PM asking me to do so.
Does that include me Rich?
If so that's interesting because when I access the map there's no entry at or near the postcode I sent you - which would suggest that we are looking at a different (older) version to the one you are seeing.

That could imply it's to do with the cache as you suggested earlier or is the url for the map in the first post still pointing at the old version? Perhaps you could post a fresh link to the map?

PS: I've just successfully added an entry to the T4 map (which seems to work in the same way as this one) so that suggests that my pc is capable of working with it.

fusilier50
1st November 2013, 20:06
Does that include me Rich?
If so that's interesting because when I access the map there's no entry at or near the postcode I sent you - which would suggest that we are looking at a different (older) version to the one you are seeing.

That could imply it's to do with the cache as you suggested earlier or is the url for the map in the first post still pointing at the old version? Perhaps you could post a fresh link to the map?

PS: I've just successfully added an entry to the T4 map (which seems to work in the same way as this one) so that suggests that my pc is capable of working with it.

im not on it either. Have you added me yet Rich? i dont see my name

rich17865
1st November 2013, 20:38
Erm, no idea I'm afraid.

I cannot replicate the faults you have.

I am only clicking the same link as you guys.?

Ken Lion
1st November 2013, 21:44
OK, thanks for trying Rich. No point wasting more time on it - probably needs putting through the T4 :shrug:

J1MBO
1st November 2013, 21:48
Erm, no idea I'm afraid.

I cannot replicate the faults you have.

I am only clicking the same link as you guys.?

Ah but you created the map ;).

I've tried it with several browsers, laptop's, tablet, phone and still get the same glitch :shrug:.

Mind you I'm already on it :cool:.

rich17865
1st November 2013, 21:52
I have just visited it on a device that has never used it. It sure enough doesn't work.

But,

I don't know why, I have reached the end of my technical know how :o

J1MBO
1st November 2013, 22:16
I have just visited it on a device that has never used it. It sure enough doesn't work.

But,

I don't know why, I have reached the end of my technical know how :o

Don't try contacting them, they don't answer :rolleyes:.

DerekS
1st November 2013, 23:18
Do you want to place a new marker pin?

I can delete your old one if you like :shrug:

Thanks for the offer, but in view of the difficulties the site is having I'll stay in the field , its quiet and peaceful. :D

rich17865
2nd November 2013, 07:58
Right!

I have made another new map, apologies to those who had placed pins on the old one but they are gone. Just use the link in the first post like before.

It is at present working perfectly, watch this space.

here is the link should you want is separately.

http://www.mapservices.org/myguestmap/map/NorthWestMap2

Ken Lion
2nd November 2013, 10:35
I can't be bothered now.

Only joking :D, thanks Rich, it worked for me first time
But it will probably only work for me now!

J1MBO
2nd November 2013, 10:43
I've added my location :cool:.

DerekS
2nd November 2013, 10:58
Ive moved out of that field, too many cows . Now in proper place . ;)

vindaloo
2nd November 2013, 15:39
Added myself to the new map:}

NickCC
6th November 2013, 14:50
Done, added myself to ze map.

mickp1962
16th January 2014, 10:25
just added myself to map
cheers mick

rich17865
16th January 2014, 10:47
just added myself to map
cheers mick

Welcome along Mick :)

Yozza64
16th January 2014, 12:51
Just put myself on the Map

J1MBO
16th January 2014, 13:10
Just put myself on the Map

Welcome Alan :cool:.

Frank Incensed
20th January 2014, 19:25
Ive moved out of that field, too many cows . Now in proper place . ;)

I'm in a field. It is a proper place for me. There's only one Pat I have to look out for. And I can see her approaching from any direction.:}

shaunscully75
24th February 2014, 20:31
i'm on the map now.. :cool:

Stephen wade
26th March 2014, 21:58
Ive Added Myself..:}

Stephen wade
27th March 2014, 21:45
Ive just checked the map and it shows me at a different place to where i live can this be changed to the right location thanks..

vindaloo
28th March 2014, 09:57
Ive just checked the map and it shows me at a different place to where i live can this be changed to the right location thanks..

I have had a look at the members on the map & I can't see one with your username.

J1MBO
31st March 2014, 20:24
See new thread here (http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=178627)